It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA secret files

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Woke up an hour ago, and just in time to see the brilliant NASA...debunking the common files. The famous ones.

Our esteemed member James Oberg as the default NASA voice, and another guy whose name I didn't remember.

This is what it is guys...in case you were wandering what the "truth" is.

The famous tether incident:

So apparently...it's a video glitch...nothing more. Says so a guy from NASA. Those numerous almost-full circles flying around, different speeds and sizes...just video glitches. I hope one day I can catch a glitch in my camera. Any glitch.

And there is this:

...roughly around 5:50

According to Jim (pun intended)...this is debris. A bit smarter than average debris. It forms circular formations as it tumbles aimlessly, and the central debris leader lights up as the circle is complete. Thanks Jim. I was wandering about that.

There was another video in the show, but I can't find it. Apparently some STS dropped a fuel tank and while recording the tank, a strange "being"/ufo was caught...strangely shaped. Almost as an energy being. That was classified as a light reflection.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please post the video link. This can not be a light reflection.

Also...since I missed the beginning of the show...maybe Phage or Jim or somebody can say a few words about:

at about 2:10. Please explain that.

Anyway...I would like to thank NASA for their brilliant effort to explain away everything. Universe holds no secrets for these guys. If they can film it, they can explain it.

Apparently none of these cases are baffling to NASA. They are sure. NOT a UFO, by any means. It must be something mundane, because you see...there are no aliens, so therefore, it can not be a UFO.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
Universe holds no secrets for these guys. If they can film it, they can explain it.

Not true at all.

You seem to be convinced they're hiding something, you need to consider the other possibilities.

a) They simply don't know the answer so they shrug it off as a glitch or whatever so they don't appear to not know what they're doing.

b) They're telling the truth, there's no proof that they're lying.

There is so much that NASA do not know about the universe.

There's also usually a completely plausible explanation for a lot of things in NASA videos that people claim to be aliens/UFOs, such as ice crystals and space junk.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Point me to link where they say they caught something unusual, and that they said..."we don't know what that is".

I realize most sightings have plausible mundane explanation. However...not everything can be put in that drawer...and they do that

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

And there is this:
...roughly around 5:50
and the central debris leader lights up as the circle is complete.

At 5:19 you see it come from the top right corner of the screen. Its in shadow, out of focus, close to the camera, and at 5:50 you see it again when it leaves the shadow of the spacecraft.

at about 2:10. Please explain that.

At 2:11 they move the camera. It then points slightly more towards the ground now.

Whats the problem here? You worried by the ice particles?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

...no proof?

Well...I say it's aliens...prove me wrong

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

At 5:19 you see it come from the top right corner of the screen. Its in shadow, out of focus, close to the camera, and at 5:50 you see it again when it leaves the shadow of the spacecraft.

And the circular formation? Debris does that? Or you are saying I'm seeing circular 'cos I want to?

At 2:11 they move the camera. It then points slightly more towards the ground now. Whats the problem here? You worried by the ice particles?

Let's say that accounts for the change of direction...how about the change in speed?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Nobody knows wtf those are

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

and you haven't commented on the tether explanation?...You chose not to? Why?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

The tether incident is actually pretty easy to explain...The UFO Hunters programs did a pretty good job of replicating it. (go to about 32 minutes in to see the explanation)

It's basically the same effect as in a thread I started about a strange video of Venus www.abovetopsecret.com...

When you have a tiny point of light that is out of focus...you start to get odd images, that are basically just caused the inside mechanisms of the camera....
edit on 10-6-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: added something

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

...no proof?

Well...I say it's aliens...prove me wrong

What? What point are you trying to prove there?
Obviously I can't prove you wrong, just like you can't prove them wrong. If anything you just proved my point.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

...but they know....it's always ice or debris. They leave no room for anything else. This is what is bothering me. The fact is...that they are just guessing what it is, but using their god given authority...they somehow make guessing the truth.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Point me to link where they say they caught something unusual, and that they said..."we don't know what that is".

I realize most sightings have plausible mundane explanation. However...not everything can be put in that drawer...and they do that

They don't say that, that was my point... re-read what I said.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

if you're exploring space, your mission aim should be to see if you're not alone.

not only for scientific reasons but for safety too.

just human curiosity alone is a good enough reason to make this your number 1 priority.

but they don't even acknowledge that in any mission statements. i have never heard one nasa official talk about the ufo phenomenon.

which leads me to believe they know way, way more than they let on. to the point where they just gave up on space travel.

it's like showing up to a car race with a '87 buick and the rest of the competitors are driving mclaren f-1's. it must be extremely embarrassing and humbling for nasa to show up in space with the junk they have.

aliens must laugh their head's off at solid fuel rocket boosters and nasa crews floating upside down and bumping into each other like rag dolls.

edit on 10-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

if you're exploring space, your mission aim should be to see if you're not alone.

not only for scientific reasons but for safety too.

just human curiosity alone is a good enough reason to make this your number 1 priority.

but they don't even acknowledge that in any mission statements. i have never heard one nasa official talk about the ufo phenomenon.

which leads me to believe they know way, way more than they let on. to the point where they just gave up on space travel.

it's like showing up to a car race with a '87 buick and the rest of the competitors are driving mclaren f-1's. it must be extremely embarrassing and humbling for nasa to show up in space with the junk they have.

aliens must laugh their head's off at solid fuel rocket boosters.

edit on 10-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Because the supposed UFO phenomena is largely hoaxes and made up stories. In reality it's not much of a phenomena and there's not much to talk about, especially for NASA, they don't deal with things flying around in the Earth's atmosphere. As for UFOs in NASA videos, they're probably right in their explanations, they know more about space than anyone yet they're instantly accused of covering up the truth, it's just kids convinced that there's more to it. A lot of the time there's a reasonable explanation that's passed of as them hiding the truth. They probably do know more than they let on, as you would expect from an organisation as big as NASA, but there is so much they don't know.
edit on 10-6-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

the point is...the are using authority to explain strange..without really knowing. It's guesswork.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

In reality it's not much of a phenomena and there's not much to talk about, especially for NASA

and therein lies the problem...millenia of sightings, stories, and and evidence or two...but there isn't much to talk about. Right.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

the point is...the are using authority to explain strange..without really knowing. It's guesswork.

And you're using lack of knowledge to guess things. They're so much more likely to be right than you are, how can you say they don't really know? Unless you can prove them wrong you have no right to say they're lying or that they're wrong. There's not even any evidence pointing to the existence of extraterrestrial beings, so they're explanations are SO much more likely to be true.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I have no agenda in my guesswork. They do...And there are experts that disagree with their explanations. The problem is...they don't work for NASA.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

In reality it's not much of a phenomena and there's not much to talk about, especially for NASA

and therein lies the problem...millenia of sightings, stories, and and evidence or two...but there isn't much to talk about. Right.

Prove they exist. You can't right? Exactly. Not much to talk about.

I do believe there's intelligent life in the universe, but you need to use common sense and stop being convinced that everything's a lie and people are hiding things from us. You have nothing to base this on.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

so they're explanations are SO much more likely to be true

This is a human perspective problem. Nature doesn't care about "more likely". Things that have a low mathematical probability of occurring, do occur. If you play poker...you will notice these things. Low or high probability is only our way of trying to predict an event which in it's self is not tied to the probability.

What is a probability of a deep space asteroid hitting the earth? very very low...yet it happens. It has happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join