It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA secret files

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim, I don't need to be an expert to see that you are guessing at times. Some things you can not possibly know, but are trying to make an "educated" guess.

I see that you also you lack humility, that NASA is famous for.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I don't know what NASA knows but quite a few of their astronauts believe in UFOs

www.Syti.net...

On May 15, 1963 Major Gordon Cooper shot into space in a mercury capsule and told the tracking station at Muchea (near Perth) that he could see a glowing, green object quickly approaching him. Other astronauts who believe in UFOs: Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. To see the complete list and their claims click on the site above.

Thanks!

Three strikes and you're out, Tex.

Cooper's story was a hoax by Frank Edwards, from the beginning. Cooper himself has denounced it as such.

Neil Armstrong's alleged quotations are a hoax by Otto Binder, a science fiction writer.

Buzz Aldrin's alleged space UFO is a long-debunked hoax by pro-UFO fakers and video editors.

There ARE interesting reports, you just were attracted to three of the most notorious bogus fantasies.

Examine your own motives and standards, please.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I agree that most of these videos can be easily explained. However it wouldn't matter if we had the perfect video it would still be labeled as a hoax( cgi, lanterns etc.) The habitual Debunkers will never accept video evidence.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Jim, I don't need to be an expert to see that you are guessing at times. Some things you can not possibly know, but are trying to make an "educated" guess.

I see that you also you lack humility, that NASA is famous for.

Please do some wider reading, such as my "99 FAQs", which was written for people with exactly your attitude and opinions.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I have glanced over you 99 FAQs...unfortunately, the questions I'm interested in, are not debated. You prepared the questions and answers. I did learn some things from it...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Of course they're hoaxes!! C'mon...Don't you think someone got to them? So many hoaxes, so many who can't talk about it, so many stories retracted. Buzz Aldrin has changed his story many times but then went on Larry King live 2 years ago and said he saw 'something'. I am inclined to believe they did see UFOs, regardless of all the 'hoaxes' out there.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I have glanced over you 99 FAQs...unfortunately, the questions I'm interested in, are not debated. You prepared the questions and answers. I did learn some things from it...

"Glanced over"... gives you only a 'glancing blow' wsith reality. Your current opinons could survive that.

The questions you have raised have been thoroughly discussed and debated in earlier threads at
ATS. You don't deserve a one-on-one remedial tutorial. Read up -- don't "glace over" -- those high-quality discussions, and get back to us.

All you've done so far is advertise your ignorance of discussions that have already occurred about exactly the issues you are excited about.

Re the images on the STS-75 scene: the point has been made that the orientation of the notch in each circle is a direct function of WHERE on the field-of-view the circle is. This so obviously proves it is a camera-associated artifact that your mind has so far been unable to grasp the significance of it. Concentrate on that. Epiphany awaits.

The "circle of objects" scene is from STS-80. What do you say about the direct testimony from astronaut crewmen about that scene? Are you even aware of that testimony?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

exactly your attitude and opinions.

my attitude and opinion is "not believing you" by default, just because you say so. I'm distrusting with authority that way...therefore...your 99 FAQ's are for the blind believers that everything you say is true. And if you claim...that everything Jim Oberg says about space is true...than you are the most brilliant mind in human history.

It is quite simple...you are a NASA employee...you get your paycheck from them. You are not hired for independent thought, and you can not say in public anything that has not been approved from higher up. You are here on ATS simply to debunk...not to question. You do not debate, you preach pre approved answers, however some of them may be true and I appreciate your comments, even If don't like some of them.

I have a very simple question for you Jim...if you are honest and willing to answer it.

A hypothetical situation...let's say that back in the 50's or 60's or 70's even, we the people (the government) really did make first contact with aliens.

Would the government come out and say it...? Or would they keep it hush hush? simple as that. In your own opinion...based on years you've been employed by the government.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Also...are all those people (some of them very credible, ex-military men) from the disclosure project lying? Imagining?

Is that some kind a show? why don't the government imprison those people for spreading lies about the government?

edit:

The "circle of objects" scene is from STS-80. What do you say about the direct testimony from astronaut crewmen about that scene? Are you even aware of that testimony?

No I have not heard of their testimony. Please be free to point me to it.
edit on 10-6-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

there are many more objects that are passing in front, behind, and around the tether, that are not circularly shaped. Please tell me you see them. How can you be sure it's not the same objects but from different angles? And please...comment on my question...if it were camera glitches...would the movement of all circular objects be more uniform...similar if not identical in the sense of speed primarily, not so much the direction. The circular shaped reflector could possibly reflect light in different directions...but speed?

Right, it has been clearly proven that objects close to the camera can look like they are going behind the tether. Do you admit that? I dont see different shapes. I see smaller ones where they just look like a dot, but saying that, you still see loads of disc objects all facing the same angle, which does not make sense at all.

Also, the ice particles/debris are not all at the same distance from the camera, so you will get ones that move faster than other ones, that logical.

There is nothing in this footage whatsoever to make me think that these objects are ET.

As for mentioning militery seeing ufos. Most of us know that this is true. There are many ufo cases that defy explanation, seen by credible witnesess. Im not denying that. I believe people should study them cases more, than looking into these movies that prove nothing.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It is quite simple...you are a NASA employee...you get your paycheck from them.

Where did you get that impression from?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Also...are all those people (some of them very credible, ex-military men) from the disclosure project lying? Imagining?

Is that some kind a show? why don't the government imprison those people for spreading lies about the government?

Pleaase cite me the federal statutes that make such behavior illegal.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

edit:

No I have not heard of their testimony. Please be free to point me to it. [

Would you believe it? Or declare the men are lying because they contradict YOUR opinions?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

edit:

No I have not heard of their testimony. Please be free to point me to it.
edit on 10-6-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

Your videos are not related to anything regarding testimony from these people you cite, so, regardless the validity of anything such people might say in relation to the phenomenon of UFOs, it does not make your ice particles in the videos any more so than ice particles.

Citing the credibility of one or other reports when talking about another does nothing to promote the validity of the OP videos.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Is it a coincidence that those "dust particles" in the tether incident look just like the anomaly on the Baltic seafloor?

Baltic Sea Anomaly

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
Is it a coincidence that those "dust particles" in the tether incident look just like the anomaly on the Baltic seafloor?

Baltic Sea Anomaly

Other than they are both irregular circle like things, I don’t think they resemble one another. The one thing they DO have in common is that human beings have projected unearthly like characteristics to these images with the absolute minimal data with regards to what these things might actually be.

So to complete the “Story”, one of these “tether orbs” either crashed or is residing at the bottom of the Baltic Sea?
Why not collect images of all circle-like things including everything from out of focus dust particles to the Coliseum? Perhaps one of the tether orbs is a floating Roman building of some sort.

This is really the equivalent of Anthropomorphism. Perhaps there is an opportunity to create a new field of study; “Alien-morph-orb-ism”. This is the tendency to ascribe alien like characteristics to anything with the only criteria being that there is the barest amount of data.

Without any further information, the mind takes over and begins to attribute all kinds of imaginary characteristics to the mundane.

edit on 10-6-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Who peed in your Wheaties this morning?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Who peed in your Wheaties this morning?
I don't think that the ingestion of someone elses bodily fluids would cause me to post what i did....although it sure feels like I did after reading this thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Everybody keeps sayin the camera moved, but i dont see it move.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Be neat if we could do another thether experiment?
Be quite interesting.
I know we dont need more space junk out there.

I myself thought it was pretty weird.
For such a simple explanation it took NASA this long?
Whats there explanation for all the crappy photos they give us with there advanced million+ dollar cameras?

I'm not bashing NASA,they do some good work but are goverment controlled in many aspects.

To me this is unsolved.
Sure I could be wrong.

Of all the reports,,stuff locked on radar,many solid witness accounts,,,,NASA SEE's NOTHING,they don't investigate yet explain it away.

Leaving the door open here.

M

S&F

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join