It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what goes through your mind when you vote (if you plan on voting)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

No actually i plan to actually have a plan way before i go into vote. If everything goes as i choose, i wont have to think about much of anything because i will be prepared and organized. People who have no clue go in and think about it in the booth.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Ok how about this. Tell me how romney will fix the economy and then explain how ending the fed and useless wars wont, tell me that and then i will very honestly tell you what i evaluate when initially deciding how to vote.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Just to be clear....Voting is a Right. I choose not to Vote. There for I still have my Constitutional right to tell the Voters they are stupid. Sorry, but that is the truth of the matter.

Ross Perot put the nail in the Coffin for our System of Government. Go check your History. You honestly think that every President has been Republican or Democrat?? Or is that all YOU know.

And the Statement in my Sig still stands. If RP is on the ballot as a Republican or Democrat than we still have a choice. If he is not and the ONLY choice is Romney or Obama than........you guessed it, we dont.

edit on 10-6-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Don't just criticize others without telling us

I'll do whatever I damn well please. I can't tell if you pissed me off so benefit of the doubt and such.

I vote for me. What benefits myself. Same as everyone else should be doing.

I will vote for Mittens because I believe that a restrained evil is better than unrestrained evil. If he wants a second term, he will keep his ass somewhat in line. Obama will just do whatever the hell he wants. Who cares? Second term for Obama is a nightmare of spending, continued war and essentially everything we disliked about Bush. Romney will have to stay somewhat in check, and then perhaps in four years we will find someone actually worthy of the position.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Now you know Romney!!!! You think he is the lesser of two evils?? Your privilege is revoked as a Voter now. If the shoe fits.....you know the rest.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
when you vote in a democracy you give power over you to someone else. you elect them to rule over you, to lead you and to do things in your name and to represent you.

what they do in your name you are responsible.

when you don't vote, no one has authority over you and whatever actions they take will not be in your name or with your approval.

which do you think is the better option, and which do you think will allow you to sleep better at night, if you have any conscience at all.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

I think he is more restrained if he wants a second term. I think he is a bookmark between bad and there has to be someone better. But you don't vote.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
who was it that said football religion & politics were for the feeble minded a yes a wise man

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by Domo1

Now you know Romney!!!! You think he is the lesser of two evils?? Your privilege is revoked as a Voter now. If the shoe fits.....you know the rest.

We KNOW what Obama will do, second term.

We have some "hope" that Romney will be better.

He couldn't be worse.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

We were never a democracy. We are a Republic. There is a difference. Dont read School History Books, dont listen to the News, and for sure dont listen to your next door neighbor. Your next door neighbor cares about getting there Meds, Facebook, Twitter, and before that they used to care about there Houses and Kids. Look at the divorce rate.

This situation we live in doesnt just include "Voting" for a lesser evil. This is a systematic dumbing down of a complete Society. And it has been going on for a long time.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Just to be clear....Voting is a Right. I choose not to Vote. There for I still have my Constitutional right to tell the Voters they are stupid. Sorry, but that is the truth of the matter.

First off voting is a privilege. You don't always have the option of voting. Illegal aliens and inmates cannot vote although the democrats are working hard to push legislation that allows that sort of thing to happen.

You have a right to tell voters they are stupid but you have no right to complain about anything the government is doing since you didn't partake in the system you seem to hate. Which still doesn't make any sense to me why one wouldn't vote...Even if only for a write-in

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

He cant be worse?? I thought Obama couldnt be worse than Bush?? Same ol Same ol different election. I wonder who will be on the Cabinet when Romney is elected.

Obama really brought on what they were hoping for, total apathy. Guarantee that Romney has some of the same players as Bush. Than what.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

reply to post by randomname

We were never a democracy. We are a Republic. There is a difference. Dont read School History Books, dont listen to the News, and for sure dont listen to your next door neighbor. Your next door neighbor cares about getting there Meds, Facebook, Twitter, and before that they used to care about there Houses and Kids. Look at the divorce rate.

WTF? This makes no sense and has little to do with the topic, but otherwise how else am I suppose to figure out what is going on in the world of politics? Point me to a truly independent source of information and please don't say ATS....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

So now its about the Law.

Did you know that DEAD PEOPLE, yes Dead People, vote all the time?? Or is that a Conspiracy Theory. Is it Ok for Dead People to vote (which would cancel my Legal Vote by the way) but its not OK for the Inmates to Vote??

Or are you just now reverting to Law Quotes.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

He cant be worse?? I thought Obama couldnt be worse than Bush?? Same ol Same ol different election. I wonder who will be on the Cabinet when Romney is elected.

Obama really brought on what they were hoping for, total apathy. Guarantee that Romney has some of the same players as Bush. Than what.

There is a large population that warned that Obama was going to be worse.

Remember?

We were called racists.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
no one has authority over you and whatever actions they take will not be in your name or with your approval.

You really think you have power over 99% of the rest of the population? I really don't understand what you are talking about anymore. Name me an instance where not voting helped you personally.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Systematic Break down of our Society is your Answer.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The name calling is part of the plan. If your not in the Majority than your in the Minority. Thumb this up and post on my Facebook. Hopefully I will get more Friends because of it.

Ron Paul was not the Internet King, Obama was. And the Large Population that was speaking against Obama apparently was not that LARGE!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

So now its about the Law.

You are beginning to derail this thread into something I do not want this thread to talk about. This is about your voice in the government if you feel you have no voice don't vote. I'm not stopping you, I'm just saying how silly the notion is that you want to rebel and try to get as many people on your side as possible effectively becoming your own powerhouse in the process...Until the cycle continues.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This is an off topic thread, this is obviously from the OP's point of view which doesn't bring further discussion to this thread...Seriously this OP is baiting people and it is quite obvious...No research whatsoever no sources he just asked a simple question....I've seen better post then this that have more validity then this crap and were sent to the Off Topic section....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join