It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what goes through your mind when you vote (if you plan on voting)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I responded to your thread in a serious manner. You derailed the thread. I answered your next comments that had nothing to do with this thread. No disrespect but I answered your OP question, and answered the haters after that.

I noticed you didnt quote this part of my response "Did you know that DEAD PEOPLE, yes Dead People, vote all the time?? Or is that a Conspiracy Theory. Is it Ok for Dead People to vote (which would cancel my Legal Vote by the way) but its not OK for the Inmates to Vote??".

Some Dead Person would of negated my vote anyway. Do you have a response to that?? Should we change our voting laws?? Should we have some sort of "hanging chad" system in place to make sure this doesnt happen??

I will even go a step further since Reagan was fully aware of the Iran Contra Affairs:

Reagan 8 yrs
Bush 4 yrs
Clinton 8 yrs
Bush 8 yrs
Obama 4 yrs and counting.

Just like an West Coast East Coast Rap album from back in the day...."Were all in the same Gang".

edit on 10-6-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

I responded to your thread in a serious manner. You derailed the thread. I answered your next comments that had nothing to do with this thread. No disrespect but I answered your OP question, and answered the haters after that.

Yes. And I am stopping my own thread from getting derailed too much right here and now. I am steering us back to the OP. And your original point about not believing you have a voice in the government which is a sad thing for anyone to think. Anybody can get involved in politics at any level. I'm sorry you feel the way you do and I don't know what made you feel this way, but voting is at least one small step you can take to have your voice heard. Of course as you move up in politics more opportunities await you.

Just remember even your ideas will be met with much opposition against them. Especially if they are not original
edit on 10-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Stop making outlandish threads....You are seriously trying to convince, yet when someone offers a different opinion you cry foul....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Stop making outlandish threads....You are seriously trying to convince, yet when someone offers a different opinion you cry foul....

Until you actually answer the question posed in my OP I will consider you trolling.

I'm not crying foul, just trying to give him hope jeez. Why do care so much?

How is this in anyway an "outlandish thread"? Please explain the reasoning behind your thinking. Oh wait you never do, I await more baseless accusations.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I read your OP who am I suppose to believe? You?!..Seriously....You just jump on it and make a thread that offers no further discussion...Because anyone who disagrees with you is the bad guy...Get over it already....

Your trolling for flags....Try doing some research and contribute something instead of asking stupid rudimentary questions....
edit on 10-6-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

I read your OP who am I suppose to believe? You?!..Seriously....You just jump on it and make a thread that offers no further discussion...Because anyone who disagrees with you is the bad guy...Get over it already....

I'm asking a question. I'm not telling you to believe in what i believe. Nobody is a bad guy, I feel sorry for people who think all hope is lost...I see a positive where they see negatives. I don't live that way, never have never will!

This is the exact type of discussion that is needed on ATS!!! Why do people feel the way they do when they vote.

I think you just hate the fact that this thread was posted by me.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Questions are off topic.....Putting in time and effort deserves better which you obviously didn't show on this thread...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I can agree to that statement. But, getting involved any further than Voting is a Risk I am not willing to take.

I would bet that most Republican Voters didnt have a clue that Romneys Dad was Governer. Most people had no idea who Prescott Bush was. History is the key, but I know who actually writes the History of this Country. There are other Countries and Nationalities who would question our Official History Books that is force fed our Kids, including Political History.

I would say there are plenty of People who dont vote:

Obama: 69,456,897 to Mcain: 59,934,814

And the Republicans thinking that Mcain had any shot at all beating Obama was JOKE!!!!

Edit: the D and S on my keyboard are really close together. Just look. LOL.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I think you just hate the fact that this thread was posted by me.

Yeah I have a grudge against you.....Yet most of the threads I make are posted in the proper areas or have some type of validity which offers further discussion so anyone could be involved if they choose to be.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Obama: 69,456,897 to Mcain: 59,934,814

And the Republicans thinking that Mcain has any shot at all beating Obama was JOKE!!!!

Yes but the McCain campaign believed in his message as did the Obama people. the McCain people tried they lost but the tried and now he has more power in the party thanks to their efforts. See how that works?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Sorry, didnt see your post earlier but you are forced to Vote?? And if you dont you get fined?? Wow.....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Mcain has more Power in the Republican Party?? Where is he at anyway. Havent seen him in the news since 2008. Where do you get your facts??

The big news now was Rand Paul endorsing Romney, not Mcain.

Herman Cain or the other person you mentioned in your OP would have been TEN times better running against Obama at that time than Mcain. He was Fodder. Dont you see that at least??

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Herman Cain or the other person you mentioned in your OP would have been TEN times better running against Obama at that time than Mcain. He was Fodder. Dont you see that at least??

McCain already endorsed Romney, in fact he was one of the first people to do so in the republican party. I agree Romney was not my first choice but as I watched everyone else go crazy and Romney remain sane throughout the whole circus, he grew on me once again. I never liked McCain.

but as to what he has been doing lately? Here ya go: content.usatoday.com...

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.wday.com...

www.boston.com...

Seems he's been quite busy and in the news too. A simple google search will do you well, or is that forbidden in your land of blocking out the MSM?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Thats fine. I am sure Mcain has some news, but who is the real endorser of Romney....and who had the biggest Buzz (thats the key) is Rand Paul not Mcain.

Havent seen anything on Mcain in the news since 2008. Ok, he endorsed Romney and you have sources but I still read and watch the News (MSM) just so I have my facts straight. So, you had no idea until you read my response and went to Google....Right?? Be honest.

LOL...just look at your first source and look at the Caption with Mcain looking over Obama's shoulder. Classic.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I hope this pen works.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Some Dead Person would of negated my vote anyway

Rewrite that saying some dead person would have negated my vote anyway. (would of ????)

Just doing my part to deny ignorance. Not saying you are ignorant. The school systems seem to be failing our offspring.
edit on 10-6-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I know a lot of people who really don't care much about politics, but they still vote.

-I know some that vote solely based upon party affiliation because their parents voted along the same party line.

-I know some that vote based upon how good-looking the candidate is.

-I know some that will vote based upon how likeable they are.

-I know some that will vote for a candidate who has the same nationality as them.

-I know some that are so clueless they vote only who their spouse tells them to vote for.

-I know some who know nothing of the two candidates and will do the innie-meanie-moe thing.

-I know some who benefit from social programs, yet talk bad about democrats and vote republican.

-I know some who vote for a candidate based only upon a single issue.

It sounds ridiculous, but I think a large percentage of the voting public actually votes like this. It's why the 2 party system will never end. Too many people are clueless and just don't care how these candidates will end up controlling and affecting their lives.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Nice contribution. Are you an English Professor?? Have you ever seen a Doctors handwriting and spelling??

I know you added the "I am not calling you ignorant" but pointing out a grammatical error seems a little trite.

I am sure you could look through this thread and find other examples but I doubt you will.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

So do you consider my way of thinking part of the problem? This is my own original thought, this is what goes through my mind when I stand in the voting booth.

Are you saying I shouldn't vote for who I want because you don't like two party system and I use it to my advantage?

I find your comments quite hypocritical

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

What I'm saying is the majority of people are voting blindly. They don't research the candidates position on the issues and think they're ridiculous way of voting won't do themselves or anybody else any harm. Some voters who vote based upon one issue are neglecting to take the overall issues of the candidate. By voting for that one issue, they may not realize the other positions of the candidate are affecting their job, amount of taxes they're paying, their children's education, etc....

When the party system is used to align themselves with segments of the population, we create a system where the choice on issues is only black and white. We create a voting populace that has a team mentality. We eliminate a candidates free thought on the issues because their position on the issues has to stay within the platform of the party. We also eliminate other intelligent people who are not lawyers, or millionaires to run for the highest political office in the country.

You really didn't go into detail on why you thought my post way hypocritical. I was merely pointing out how a lot of people really don't give much thought about a candidates position and how they will affect them if they're voted into office. I was also showing that some people are not informed, or just don't care about finding out about the overall position of a candidate. These voting habits have caused a line of incompetent candidates to run for office. They don't need to worry about the voting public seeing through their lies and deceit because they already have their blind followers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join