It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I don't believe in "Textbook paranoia" ... because it came from a textbook. Who knows who wrote it. (Yeah, call me paranoid. I know it
)

My step monster read the poem aloud to me over the phone, and true, I can't remember it word for word, but I know there was nothing else in it that the school system should have had a problem with, or I would've remembered it.

The poem was shorter than a Haiku. I remembered more than half of it. Do the math :/

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Unity_99

No one is ever to young to have turth shared with them. Never too young.

Few adults understand the full concept of politics and its history.

A 10 year old definitely does not.

so just because someone doesn't understand something, you think its a good idea to not help them understand?

if OP talks to their sister about "cool mysteries, that may or may not have happened" i think its just like reading a mystery book.

its a really cool subject to discuss with someone your good friends with.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Even in kindergarden I knew that the starvation and the napalm I'd witnessed as a child, and the homeless and all the crimes and problems were the very bad and low brow opinions of the adults around me and how absolutely awful and criminal they were and responsible for all the suffering of this planet and that the solutions were LOVE and EQUALITY. Even in kindergarden I knew that and while I respected the vulnerable fragile health of elderly people, I did not consider them all paradigms of wisdom.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It isn't all about politics and history. And, you don't know anything about my sister, so you're speaking out of assumption, or straight-up ignorance.

She understand what I tell her, or she wouldn't carry on a conversation about it.

link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by Furbs

I don't believe in "Textbook paranoia" ... because it came from a textbook. Who knows who wrote it. (Yeah, call me paranoid. I know it
)

Thank you for proving my point. Anti-Intellectual on top of paranoia, a good mix.

My step monster read the poem aloud to me over the phone, and true, I can't remember it word for word, but I know there was nothing else in it that the school system should have had a problem with, or I would've remembered it.

The poem was shorter than a Haiku. I remembered more than half of it. Do the math :/

Excuse me if I do not take your word for it.. since your story keeps changing.

link   

reply to post by Annee

Is that right? And what exactly is it about me teaching my sister the truth about things that's comparable to teaching a much younger child to sing about homos in a church?

Truth?

Teaching to question is one thing.

first off, i think "conspiracy theories" are a harsh label for mysterious stories of society and government.

if i think fluoride in our water is something bad then "I QUESTION THE TRUTH!!"

yes! i question it! i don't believe the government force feeds us fluoride for our dental health!

i question the truth!!!!!

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Now I want the cat to have a hat. Sigh.

You make good points, but I worry that indoctrinating a 10 year old (excuse me this started when she was 7) into the conspiracy fold is a horrible idea, and could lead to some very serious problems. Look at half of ATS. Nutter Butters. Grown ups that believe EVERYTHING except reality. There is a difference between teaching an open mind and turning some poor kid into a paranoid societal outcast. Let her find it on her own. Maybe gently nudge. Don't get the girl suspended by feeding her your theories knowing full well she doesn't know when it's appropriate to talk about them.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Good job on brain washing a little child.

Teach them to THINK FOR THEMSELVES rather than echoing yours (or anyone else's) "conspiracy theories". This is the more saddening since a little kid at such age hardly has any means to intellectually "find out" what's really true and what's just plain BS, which 90% of all the conspiracy theories sadly are.

So..what did you "find out" which you deem worthy to tell your sister as "truth" - or are you maybe also just echoing and re-iterating what you read or what someone else tells you? As it is so often the case, hardly EVERY someone "finds something out" - otherwise it would not be conspiracy "theories".

By the way, you are of course correct that Christmas/Easter etc. is stemming from pagan religions, but this hasn't really anything to do with conspiracy theories. The question here is rather whether you actually think it has a positive effect on a child to tell her Easter/Christmas "is evil"?

Edit: And yes i agree, nice analogy with the homo song. Brainwashing 4 year olds..shame on you. Let her think for HERSELF, maybe one day she will teach you something.

it sounds like OP simply shares their opinion with their sister, and talks to her about things they "think might or might not be true"

thats what a conspiracy is.

OP is not brainwashing their sister.

peace.

link   

Teaching to question is one thing.

DING DING DING we have a winner.

Teaching a kid to always question and ask why is a great thing!
It promotes a more inquisitive nature and I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of ATS members were the annoying little #s in the classroom always #ing asking why and never being satisfied.

edit on 9-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

link   
My kids are all being taught the truth too. And I bring it up with any of the meetings with the teachers due to their apraxia, I've had, and found quite a wealth of awareness in the teachers as to the state of the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
looks like ur little sis got a free day off of school.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
without the entire poem, this thread is useless

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

reply to post by Furbs

)

Thank you for proving my point. Anti-Intellectual on top of paranoia, a good mix.

Excuse me if I do not take your word for it.. since your story keeps changing.

what are you talking about??
OP's story doesn't seem to change at all?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Teaching a child critical thinking....

You should be flogged in the Public Square.

How do you live with your shame?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

)

You remembered the last 7 words just fine; how can you not remember the first 1 to 6 words? The less than half first part of the poem could make all the difference in the reaction to the poem.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Ohh. I see.

So because I don't believe everything I read in a textbook, I'm anti-intellectual. Very open mind you've got there.

My story hasn't changed. I'm breaking down different pieces of the story because you keep focusing on a fraction of the story that I've already explained. I was told that "Conspiracy stuff in her poem" got her suspended. That's the point.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

All of your children suffer Apraxia? I'm sorry.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

it sounds like OP simply shares their opinion with their sister, and talks to her about things they "think might or might not be true"

Really?

My little sister, who is ten years old, has been learning about all conspiracies since about four years ago, when I started learning about them and teaching her, when I was about 14. So, she's been learning them since about age 6 or 7, roughly.

Where's the "might be true" come into it?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
You have to stomp on that little flame of "difference" before the child grows up....

As far as "just repeating what she is told"? The school has her doing the same thing. Only with things that the government "DEEMS" appropriate. Therein lies the difference and to big brother it is a HUGE difference.

Anybody displaying free willed thinking in the public school system is going to find it continually hard to do so as time goes on. My daughter has 4 years left and I can only hope that we can make it that long without too many issues arising.

She should not have been suspended. But the school has the power to do what they want with little to no repercussions... Their ball field... their rules. It's just the way it is. Hopefully she will find a few teachers along the way that will not deem free thinking an act deserving of suspension.

edit on 6/9/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Precisley, their version of truth tunneled into innocent heads. LIes and distortions.

The last part about their rules, well if its a private school otherwise it answers to the parents and public and is funded by them, so I would suggest they don't act like nazi's in the least. Or parents need to deal with them in no uncertain terms of toughness.

It does fall to us. However, when most of the folks think like the MSM it is hard to get changes made within the school system. I have only been to school (other than awards, functions,PTA, etc) 4 times in 9 years. I have no qualms about showing up when the situation calls for it. I just wish more parents did the same.

And to DOMO... I think someone should fix your cat up with a nice green colored Riddler hat!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Now I want the cat to have a hat. Sigh.

You make good points, but I worry that indoctrinating a 10 year old (excuse me this started when she was 7) into the conspiracy fold is a horrible idea, and could lead to some very serious problems. Look at half of ATS. Nutter Butters. Grown ups that believe EVERYTHING except reality. There is a difference between teaching an open mind and turning some poor kid into a paranoid societal outcast. Let her find it on her own. Maybe gently nudge. Don't get the girl suspended by feeding her your theories knowing full well she doesn't know when it's appropriate to talk about them.

it isn't the sisters fault, or OP's fault in any way that she was suspended ( from the information i know in this thread ) the teacher sounds pretty nasty.

i don't think some chit chat about "dude i think like, the government, is totally against us, probably" is going to hurt anybody lol.

i don't personally believe that this is indoctrination in any way. on the other hand, what the t.v. feeds us every day is a perfect example.

there are many really crazy people on ATS, and there are many normal, just bored people, or people interested in alternate news, well

there are all kinds of people, everywhere.
edit on 9-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join