It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts in My Apartment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

First and most important is that paranormal activity is demonic in nature where the said demon will usually try to win the confidence of the individual by pretending to be someone close to the individual who has passed on or someone that died and had some type of tie to the property.

The fact you have awoken with scratches is serious and if I were you I would oust this demon in the name of Jesus Christ and then anoint your home with holy olive oil blessed in Christs name . This is no joke good luck .

One more suggestion is that if you are not a Christian then you should obtain a Christian thread to. Banish the demon.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Azadok2day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day
reply to post by caladonea

First and most important is that paranormal activity is demonic in nature where the said demon will usually try to win the confidence of the individual by pretending to be someone close to the individual who has passed on or someone that died and had some type of tie to the property.

I have close friends who are responsible for such activity, and I find your broad brush assertion to be very offensive. These are very good people, and just because they're not ignorant of their natural capacity to affect the corporeal realm once they've passed over doesn't make them demons. I also don't see the wisdom in telling a woman who is feeling under siege that her guests are demons. That's not very cool at all, and it's really not true either.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
if it is a demon(in the sense of an individual whose reached a state of awareness and no longer needs a body or somehting like that, ghost are usually dumb/small mental capabilities) don't give it any attention. you're feeding him energy. bring some light into the house to make him leave im guessing

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I haven't had time to read all the posts, so this may have already been covered, but I was wondering how long you have lived in this place? Do you have any idea what may have started the spirit's visits? Have you opened any spiritual doors, like using a Ouija board, or any other type of contact?
I came across a very informative thread not long ago that has some really good advice for cleansing your place:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wish you the best in getting rid of these spirits. If the one is good, then keep it with you. It will protect you from any more evil ones harming you.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I agree with some of the others about not encouraging them. If it was a "friend", or someone you knew who has passed on, I don't think they would be trying to frighten you. A disembodied arm is something I would find frightening. Sometimes entities you knew before might try quirky, mischievous little tricks to get your attention, not try to scare you.

I agree also that's it's absurd to assume they are demons. However, if you are finding it scary, I would talk to them, and ask them to leave, or at least to leave you alone. I'm not sure I would try to record them anymore. You might be encouraging them, and I'm not sure that is something you want.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

I agree with NorEaster above, you made some very broad and generalized statements reminiscent of the Inquisition IMO. I am not trying to be rude at all, simply to point out such narrow understanding can get you into positions you may not want to be in. I have a little experience in these matters as seen in my thread Here. As I stated, my experience is from simple electromagnetic fields to demonic possessions and one thing I learned very early is that you don't simply tell people to call upon the name of Jesus Christ. If it were a real demon and the person taking your advice was not a Christian or even if they are and their faith is low, the demon would laugh at them and things would get worse because now the demon knows it has the upper hand. Simply uttering the name or holding out the cross is for the movies. Without true intent that's all they are. Knowing a little at times is worse than knowing nothing at all.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I have seen a couple of forearms come up at me once, I was about 10 and it was late as I was walking into my bedroom to go to sleep. All the lights where off as the dark did not bother me until then, I freaked right out and ran down stairs as mum got out the biggest kitchen knife to go check it out. She was really scared from the way I reacted but done it anyway. Found out later some kid died in that room but he did not come back. The dark still gets to me at times as I just need to take a moment to toughen myself up and just go through it.

reply to post by NorEaster

I do like what you have to say on the topic. One question though, have these friends of yours in the corporeal realm been through the white light that is common with many near death experiences or did they fight it prefering to stay closer?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodHatesUsAll
To be fair, only about 3 of the people who replied weren't either breaking Terms & Conditions for the forum (mindless oneliners) or trolling. Sad, and I'm sorry this is what you had for feedback. For those with sincere and thought-provoked posts, way to be!

As someone who's had some semi-firsthand experience with a ghost/spirit in the house, I must say that it's probably not a good idea to open any form of dialogue with it. If it's causing you to feel uneasy and being a general annoyance or even to the point of scratching you, my guess is that it's not friendly. You do not want to invite it into your life. Make it clear that it's invading your space and that it's not welcome.

I know a lot of people suggest smudging your house with sage but I see a lot of times they forget some important tips involved with the smudging. Stuff like: inviting/asking an authentic native elder who has "credentials" amongst their community & also an important step is to tie little bundles of cedar and hang them over every entryway into/out of the house. That means windows and doors (on the inside). The elder will bless each room and put a prayer over your home.
Good luck
edit on 8-6-2012 by GodHatesUsAll because: it works

I second this. Do not attempt to make contact in any way you will attract more than your current ghost. Treat the ghost as you would an intruder in your home. Ghosts tend to squat indifferent apt buildings kind of like changing th tv channel. If they get bored with your neighbor they will visit u. Anyways don't feel bad it's your house it's choosing to invade. Take charge with your intention of wanting it gone- smudge or pray if u want to although all that's really necessary is intention. I am ghost whisperer

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well, I have never experienced any paranormal activity first-hand, but I do know of people who have. I think there are several things you need to consider:

1) Is it a positive or negative entity? Based on what you have said so far, it appears to be a negative entity of some sort. Especially, if the activity has gone as far as causing you physical harm.

2) What does the entity want? This is often more difficult to determine. Perhaps it just wants to be a menace, wants to inflict fear, wants you out of the apartment. Again, this is more often the case if it is a negative entity. If it is a positive or neutral entity, it may want to make communication with you as some of the other posters mentioned.

My suggestion to you is to find a way to invite positive energy into your home. I had a friend who had an "unexpected visitor" in his home for several days. The animals in his place picked up on the negative entity very quickly and began to act strangely. He also began having very violent nightmares and awoke one night to find a "hot spot" in his bedroom.

He was able to get rid of the negative entity by inviting positive energy and "cleansing" his home by burning sage. Also, if you are forceful and let the entity know that he/she/it is not welcome, it will eventually leave. But you must be persistent and forceful about it. Let it know that it is not welcome and must leave.

Hope this helps some!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That has to be pretty scary ! Earlier a friend of mine sent me a email, she lives in New York city and she said she was visiting a friend and his girlfriend at his apartment and a speaker flew off of the wall, hit his girlfriend and made her bleed a little. She asked my advice and its more or less what had already been given here. I was told burning candles helps keep activity to a minimum. Im not sure how but anything seems worth a try. Best Wishes....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GodHatesUsAll

Calm down will you, the OP made the thread with nothing in it to begin with, with ghosts in the title, no brainer!

On a serial note, I'm sorry OP as this problem seems to be bothering you, my nan classes herself as a 'white witch' I don't really buy into it all but she has done and said to many things to be a coincidence, she's always told me if spirits are around and you don't feel comfortable with them just tell them to go away and they will, or sit on your bed a relax and picture a white light all round your body and tell them to leave.

I've had many paranormal experience, some which has unnerved me, some I just let it happen and kind of make it look like its not bothering me, and after all that I still for some reason don't believe in them its so strange, probably my way of dealing with it, your not alone!
edit on 8/6/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: stupid phone!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I do like what you have to say on the topic. One question though, have these friends of yours in the corporeal realm been through the white light that is common with many near death experiences or did they fight it prefering to stay closer?

You'd be surprised if you knew what that white light actually is. Not that you'd believe me if I told you.

Seriously. NDEs are a very real experience, but like all experiences, they are perceived, and that opens them up to being very subjective in nature. Not everyone "sees" the white light, and some who do see it don't experience it as something they can pass through. Some actually experience it as a being of light that they feel a sense of familiarity and acceptance from - even though it is silent and merely present (passive). Some claim to converse with it. This means that all these versions of the white light are incompatible - which means that the white light experience is perception-centric and not an objective presence that can be quantified. Not a thing that exists devoid of what the perceiver believe it to be.

As far as those I've been in contact with, you may or may not know that communication from that side to this side is extremely difficult and mostly based on bits of symbols and inferences. It's not easy, but if you know the person really well, then you can interpret subtle things better than you ever thought you could. Especially if you pay attention and keep a detailed journal of incidents. My impression is that the whole "crossing over" notion is a cultural contrivance for the most part. It's all perception, and if you really buy in to it, then what the hell, you can "cross over into the light" or whatever it is that your religion tells you to do. I hear that you can even believe that you're blanking back to the corporeal realm off and on for reincarnations again and again (without ever reincarnating at all). It's all 100% subjective, and that means that it can end up being whatever kind of heaven or hell you expect it to be.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

So basically what you are saying is that it is a dream world as physicality breaks down and the spirit remains? A place where our dreams, hopes and nightmares manifist as our comprehension of the laws of physics breakdown as all that remains is the will and the memories?

You'd be surprised if you knew what that white light actually is. Not that you'd believe me if I told you.

Prehaps not, but you have got my attention and would take it on consideration. I was thinking about it being the sun or another star at one time, if our spirits here do build a deep web of connections through out the universe then the different experiences are just part of returning to the many different sources. Also come across one story I kinda like where Arcturus is where the spirit pops out as the highly elvolved race there are the care takes for this part of the galaxy.

Also what is your take on the subject of 'walk ins' where one spirit replaces the spirit in another body?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Here is a link that might help you

www.theparanormalsociety.org...

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this but have you tried taking random pictures around your house to try and capture anything on camera?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev

So basically what you are saying is that it is a dream world as physicality breaks down and the spirit remains? A place where our dreams, hopes and nightmares manifist as our comprehension of the laws of physics breakdown as all that remains is the will and the memories?

It's not a dream world, but it is based on perception, since what human intellect is (which is the "physical substance" of the human mind - therefore the human spirit) is 100% perception information. Information - in all its forms - is eternal, and has no half-life decay rate.

Brain-configured information is very different than event-response fact information, with the event-response (Residual) information existing as passive and lacking Identity isolation per fact cluster, as opposed to the brain-configured (Dynamic) information which presents as active and very much Identity isolated relative to the full product mass of one brain versus any other brain and its full product mass. When thinking about information, authorship is what delineates and associates specific clusters (facts and/or dynamic bursts), with Residual information freely associating with all information that shares the same contextual environment (or reality confine) and Dynamic information presenting as an indivisible mass to the rest of that same reality confine with all bursts associated with those bursts that were configured and actively "launched" by the same authoring corporeal brain (be it human or animal).

All Dynamic information survives the death of the corporeal brain, and some recent indications suggest that authentic orb manifestations might be the Dynamic information (DI) manifestations of high intelligence animal brain DI masses that our sensitive technologies have been able to detect. A 5 year study (the subject of a documentary called The Afterlife Investigations) describes an astounding incident where a scientist participant closed his hand around a very real orb and it did react in a manner that would suggest that it is/was the product of an animal brain. The fact that this orb - during this specific incident - was acting under the direction of a human entity that was directing the non-corporeal activity also suggests the sort of relationship that has been well established between pets and their owners here in our own world. Not conclusive, but still, very interesting to note.

Once you've associated information masses with the concept of spirits, the correlations begin to get undeniable very quickly. I honestly see this as being the key to finally unlocking the door between this realm and that realm. The brain was not evolved to create conscious and self aware information, but in serving the function that it did evolve to serve, that hybridized form of information (info that is dynamic and not merely representative of dynamic activity as a fact per occurrence) did emerge as a new form of information nonetheless. And as information, it has no half-life rate of physical decay.

Prehaps not, but you have got my attention and would take it on consideration.

Each corporeal brain has a survival Residual data "vault" that is intimately associated with that corporeal brain alone for as long as that brain continues to survive. Contextually, it is isolated from the rest of the contextual environment's Residual information (which emerges as a result of all activity that happens). We call this temporarily isolated Residual data Memory and I've begun referring to it (due to recent computer tech terminology) as a brain's "memory cloud", since it acts like what the computer term "cloud" suggests as a data reserve for a specific application. It's not really stored in memory cell carbon material, but is accessed by the brain as it configures survival information responses - be they rumination or action - as compare/contrast data references. We already know this.

When a human being's brain dies, its "generated" mass of Dynamic information (DI) is cut loose, and that's pretty traumatic for this self aware mass of DI. The corporeal realm is hard to synchronize with, but this lingering "memory cloud" is really easy to perceive (after all, it's information). The DI being senses its familiarity, feels comfort at a very unconscious visceral level, and is immediately attracted to it. Hell, the brain used it to create the DI mass. The memory cloud can even appear as a warm loving light if this is what the mind expects. As an NDE perception, its true identity hasn't the chance to be determined before the episode ends. Same with an OOBE episode.

edit on 6/9/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev

Also what is your take on the subject of 'walk ins' where one spirit replaces the spirit in another body?

It has to do with who is in control of the "memory cloud" input data stream that is vetted by the brain's own perception survival process.

Generally, the DI mass that is relentlessly gathering with each bursts of consciousness from the brain's activity (which is self-aware and therefore has a vested interest in its own development - as you'd expect) actively performs this vetting process before allowing the brain's memory cloud to accept any Residual information. This process (according to 2008 research conducted in Europe, using an fMRI machine) can take from .5 sec to nearly 7 sec (depending on the data and/or the capacity of the brain structure itself) before the corporeal-focused mind is allowed to experience it as immediate memory. This process prevents serious schisms in progressive reality experience (what's real and true versus what's not real and true) relative to what has been established as consistently real by the mind over the course of the life of the brain itself. Survival depends on a consistent reality narrative, and this is a critical survival requirement process.

If a post-corporeal human being (you can call it a spirit if you wish) is able to overwhelm the brain's developing DI mass (which is basically a gestating human being, if you really think about what's happening there as the brain does what it does) then it can take over that Residual memory cloud data vetting process. This opens the door to all kinds of mischief, and since all post-corporeal DI entities were once corporeal people (like us), then we already know how effed-up these folks can be. It doesn't take much to imagine the havoc that can be inflicted on the immediate memory (experience of corporeal consciousness) of a person if a malevolent DI being has seized control of the memory cloud data vetting process. Everything we know about possession immediately comes to mind. Especially since the brain's configured DI bursts are what controls literally every centimeter of voluntary muscle movement in the entire body, and can alter involuntary muscle predilections and response patterns over short periods of time as well.

Information manages all activity, whether actively (DI) or by the default ramification of contextual (historical) precedence. If you can gain access and control over the brain's memory cloud, you can completely control that brain. It's good that most people's gathering DI mass is self-aware and not willing to surrender control over the management of its brain's memory cloud. This is why it's critical to not offer control to any other conscious entity. Even if the promise of "enlightenment" is suggested in return for access. At best, you're being hoodwinked into being programmed to believe what someone else believes (or simply wants you to believe). At worst...well...I'm sure your imagination can be just as effective as my own in crafting a terrible scenario.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Caladonea, Do you have a video camera? Or even a camera on your cellphone? It can often help to stand up to the entities and let them know it is your residence and they are not welcomed there if they continue to disturb you like they have done. However, if the entities are more than just ghosts that might only incite them more.

That's why I was wondering about video equipment. I'm the number one skeptic on here....except for SO of course..lol, but I have also had real, legitimate experiences. And I know you have been on ATS as a contributing member for over a year now and wouldn't try to perpetrate a hoax. So I totally believe your story.

The next logical step is to try to figure out what this is. Is it just your imagination? Is it playful spirits of other people who have already died? Or is it some type of evil entity? I doubt it's the first, and hope...for your sake it's not the third. If it is just ghosts, remember, they are just people too. People who have already died, and may not even realize they are dead. It may appear to them YOU are the one intruding on their "safe haven." Or residence.

Have you lived at this location long?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Thank you for your time and insights, looks like quite a bit of work is going on in these areas. I can accept the proposal of eternal information, there is still a lot going on in the quantum world that needs definition with super symmetry just one example of information storage, transfer and action within matter. There are also a few theories in relation to time that I am still keeping the door open.

The concepts of event response information works well and solid as our nerves act like the wires of a circut board just moving the sensory or action information around, very important for athletes. Also works well for pattern recognition, language translation, character recognition and a wide varierty of other learned responses. The capabilities and operations of neural networks are getting well understood and applied to computer applications with good results.

So now we get to dynamic information where imagination, meaning, psychology, religion, mysticism and the occult have all been running around trying to make some sense of it. The orb manifistations are an interesting topic, this is the first time I have heard of someone getting their hands on one of these orbs, they sound like such shy creatures. So could this be part of things like foo fighters, min min lights and some crop circle creators? There is also some differences between orbs and ghostly shapes, sounds and touches, some common features would not be to suprising. The association between dynamic information and the spirit is a good one for this thread.

So on death, the dynamic information looks to the memory cloud as the place of last resort? I am starting to understand what you mean by perception as it is the one tool we have in putting together this puzzle. One question I had reading this, is there a difference to the dynamic information if a person is buried or cremated? I have come across some reports that minor neural activity can still be detected 3 months after death in the physical brain. Not sure how long it can last for, but turning a dead body to ashes would further sever the relationship between the memory cloud and dynamic information. I agree that it would not eliminate this bond entirly as the physical matter is still present, but just released into the greater envirnoment and not as concentrated.

what's real and true versus what's not real and true... Survival depends on a consistent reality narrative, and this is a critical survival requirement process.

The description of the brain functions during a walk in and the rest of it has been execellent, but this is one perception I am critical and hesisitant on. To make a distinction between what is true and what is real is a flaw in perception, not reality. It is easier for the brain to just discount certian things if it does not fit within its current mould. This is not an error in what is real or what is true but in our perception and understanding of how things work. The reason things get ignored is due to the workings of a neural network, if a false belief is set early in life it will affect how perceptions are made as something just does not add up so something is discarded. To fix this requires reassesment of this core false belief, which can have many knock on effects as reassesment of built up associations is also required. With an old and closed mind this can be a very difficult process, for a new, open and developing mind it is easy. This is not an issue of survival, but could be in extreme cases. It is more an issue of quality of life with our perceptions and understanding.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

It is one of those old hand held small cassette type...but it dd work. I have not tried to record again...as yet.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Yesterday (last night) I did get a slight glimpse of one of them.....it is a young blond female...I would guess around 10 years old.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join