It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleansing an apartment, Need advice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I took a job as a care taker for an apartment building and one of the apartments is haunted.
The signs:
3rd day on the job I saw a "shadow being" run from the exit into the apartment. (it is vacant and being remodeled.)
There have been reports from the people in the apartment below that they hear people moving around in it late at night.
The guy who is doing the remodeling has been super moody since he started to work in the apartment.
A general feeling of being watched coming down the third floor hallway towards the door.

I have never done a cleansing before, but I have my feather, that spirit gave me a long time ago, and I plan on picking up some sage to burn in the apartment over the weekend while I am cleaning it.
But like I said, I have never done a cleansing before, so any advice anyone has who has experience in doing a spiritual cleansing would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Smudging with sage is a good place to start. Might need to do it a few times if you feel it needs it and work clockwise from the front door of the building, and on each floor. Physical cleansing is also very useful, and I normally put salt and lemon oil in the water when I rinse the floors the last time...this can also be used to wash windows and doors and any other surfaces that past inhabitants might have touched. If you feel it's not moving, frankincense and camphor oils are quite effective...be careful with the camphor if you can get it though...it's toxic on the skin.
The can be used in a burner, or mixed with mineral water and sprayed in every room. Also mix them with salt and leave in bowls on the floor overnight, flushing down the drain in the morning. Sounds like you just have a bit of a lurker hanging around who is confused about what's going on, but basic stuff like this should deal with most of it. Remember to do the usual bubble of protection, or white light before you start though. Just visualise it, and breath into it to make it stronger.

I'm not a professional space clearer by any means, but I have done this a few times, so give me a shout if I can be of any help.

edit on 25-5-2012 by caitlinfae because: adding stuff

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Huanted? WAHAHAHAHA!!!! What are you? 12? Grow up and get real. Ghosts are fairy tales to scare little kids. Apparently you didnt get that memo

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Strong electromagnetic field in that area might also figure in - you may want to contact and electrician or otherwise pick up some hardware to see if there's something funny with the wiring or electrical system around there as various effects are reported with strong EM exposure.

Failing that - if you're a believer of faith, use his authority to clear the area. If you're not, you should be able to find all sorts of guide to smudging online, as well as the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram.

Whatever happens - stay safe out there.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
Huanted? WAHAHAHAHA!!!! What are you? 12? Grow up and get real. Ghosts are fairy tales to scare little kids. Apparently you didnt get that memo

I must of missed that memo!
Or was not meant to see it

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

First off it's Haunted not "Huanted"...
I bet plenty of people here would beg to differ.
I myself have experienced ghosts.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Little Clorox bleach and ajax
have that placed cleaned up in no time!!

No all kidding aside, if you really believe
it is haunted, or on the rare chance it really
is, I don't think it is a good idea for YOU
to personally cleanse it, end up getting it attached
to you and all kinds of nasty stuff..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Once again-WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Fairy tales, stories and mind playing tricks. If these fairy tales truly exist, how come Ive never seen one? Why is there no HARD CORE EVIDENCE from a REPUTABLE source? Why do we only have grainy shaky footage of ghosts and UFOs? Cause theyre all fake B.S.. Until I see it or have proof from a reputable source-Its a load of crap.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If it's not your home,
you have no right to cleanse it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

caitlinfae has some good advice for you in this situation however I would like to add to it just a little to bring it into focus. First, as you did not mention the ownership to a large oyster shell I am assuming you had planed on getting a bundle of sage, also called a smudge stick, I would suggest finding one that is a combination of sage and cedar. If you can not find a smudge stick in this combination find a large oyster shell(preferred) or something that can withstand the heat of burning the herbs and make this combo in loose herbs.

Second, as you stated this is an apartment building, I would like to talk about the order of smudging. Again, caitlinfae has good advice in that you should smudge in a clockwise fashion however, you should first draw a salt line on the floor across the entryway(door to the apartment) and smudge the doorway, then begin the smudge of the apartment. The purpose of this is to ensure the "entity/ies" does/do not simply move to another apartment. The purpose is to remove not relocate.

Third, in your mind, see a spiral to a central location in the apartment and follow that spiral clockwise. This will move the "entity/ies" along with you to this central location. When you reach this point see a circle in your minds eye on the floor and "know" the "entity/ies" are in it. at this point you will know without a doubt whether or not they will become defensive or not. If they are not simply tell them to move along into the light and tell them you will smudge the circle on the count of 3 and then do so. This shows respect. If they do become defensive draw a circle(following the one you have in your mind) with salt and send me an U2U and I will help you through the next steps.

I hope it works out for you without event.

Agarta

Edit to say: in the post below this one you state that it may be multiple apartments. Some would say bring them all together by doing the whole building at once but from experience this can create issues beyond easy control so do them one at a time in the process explained above.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Thank you, that is the kind of info I am looking for. I have never felt the need to do a cleansing before. It is my hope that whatever lives there is not something of a negative nature, but after seeing the re-modeler and how he was reacting while in the apartment, along with the reported noise and what I saw, I am not so sure what is in there. I have only been in the apartment once, and that was to calm down the guy working in there. I wasn't paying attention to the surroundings. I plan on going back in tonight by myself and just quietly hanging out for a few minutes to see if I pick anything up. I am a mental medium, but since I have learned how to do it, I have not had any "outside" spirits so to speak. This building has a lot of them, as I have been learning over the last couple of weeks. So I figure as I go apartment to apartment cleaning them up and getting them ready for new tenants, if I pick something up, I will do whatever I need to do to clean them out spiritually if need be, and of course physical cleaning as well as that is a part of the job.
You have to start learning these kinds of things somewhere, no better time than NOW, while I have the opportunity and go ahead from management.

I look at this as a learning process. I get some hands on experience

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

While youre at this little Ghost hunt, how about you collect some good hard evidence of this so called ghost.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I'm glad you found my post useful, and Agarta clearly has some good advice too, but I feel pretty sure you will handle this fine...you seem very connected and sensible, and incidentally, if you work in the building and the management have given you the go-ahead, I reckon you have a perfect right to cleanse it...you inhabit it after all, and it won't do any harm. Please keep us posted on how it goes...I'm always interested in different techniques. Will be trying that spiral thingy too.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Thank you for the added information!

I just a quick walk through of the apartment, and I suspect it was a suicide at some point and time. As I was walking through I announced my intentions, offered my help, and said I would return to either cleanse or free said spirit over the weekend. A lot of sadness in one bedroom looking out onto the field. Whoever it was, spent a lot of time looking out that window and as I adjusted myself to the energy in the apartment, I picked out a darker haze about 4 feet off the floor that seems to permeate the entire place. Almost like smoke, but dark gray.

I sprinkled some tobacco in front of the door mainly to pay respect to spirit before I entered. I will return later this evening and spend a few minutes in quiet meditation in the center of the living room to see what else I get before I chose what action to take next. I didn't feel anything negative, but just a lot of sadness.

Interesting.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Seeing that you have knowledge and experience I wanted to expand the spiral for you. As you know the spiral is a generator of energy and as the location is cleansed it pulls the energy to the central location. The reason for this is that the longer an entity is in a location the weaker the link to the light becomes. By creating the spiral and thus amplifying the energy it helps to feed that portal to the higher realms or the light as we know it, thus making it easier for the entities to cross over.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I would say this "Dark layer" is the accumulated sadness and depression, not a dark entity. Both sadness and depression will linger as you seem to know. The smudging should remove this layer, but it is possible it will leave an emotional void in this are which is not natural. Fill this void with positive feelings. I would suggest once the apartment is cleansed, play happy positive music while you work in the apartment to fill the void and within a few times of repeating this it should all balance out.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

I would say this "Dark layer" is the accumulated sadness and depression, not a dark entity. Both sadness and depression will linger as you seem to know. The smudging should remove this layer, but it is possible it will leave an emotional void in this are which is not natural. Fill this void with positive feelings. I would suggest once the apartment is cleansed, play happy positive music while you work in the apartment to fill the void and within a few times of repeating this it should all balance out.

Thank you for the advice. I love the idea of happy music while I work the apartment, I will do that for sure after I smudge it out.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Strong electromagnetic field in that area might also figure in - you may want to contact and electrician or otherwise pick up some hardware to see if there's something funny with the wiring or electrical system around there as various effects are reported with strong EM exposure.

Failing that - if you're a believer of faith, use his authority to clear the area. If you're not, you should be able to find all sorts of guide to smudging online, as well as the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram.

Whatever happens - stay safe out there.

As far as I know, this apartment is like all of the others, no special wiring, although you just never know. I wish I had an EMF detector, that could be fun.
I always try to stay safe

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

While youre at this little Ghost hunt, how about you collect some good hard evidence of this so called ghost.

Actually, I do plan on taking a camera, and perhaps the care taker of the other building as he has stated in the past that he would love to do something like this....I am going to give him his chance, although he doesn't know I am a medium yet

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I wish I had an EMF detector, that could be fun.

When it comes to investigation and finding evidence of the paranormal sometimes it is easier and cheaper than you think. EMF detectors are pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things as they run between $75 and up depending on its sensitivity(edit to add: but the investment really is more for ongoing research not a one time thing), but the cheapest way is to spend a couple of dollars on a compass. A compass works on the same principal as it is pulled to electromagnetic fields. Begin by putting near switches and outlets to see if they are emanating electromagnetic fields then follow the walls and note areas where the needle is pulled. Also, place a tape recorder in the center of a room and leave the apartment for a period of time and simply use a camera with flash in dark rooms in a series of 3 quick shots .5 to 1.5 seconds between them. These are some "poor mans" tools for paranormal research. I hope this helps.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join