It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts in My Apartment

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The last few months I have been having paranormal activity in my apartment. One day I was laying down on my bed resting...not asleep at all and I opened my eyes and a human arm appeared hovered for a few seconds and then vanished.

Also...the water in my bathroom has been turned on and off. The dishes have been rattled in the kitchen.

Lately I have woken up with strange scratches on my body.

Last night around 3am I felt someone grab my arm and as I opened my eyes....I saw a very large hand. I pulled away got up turned the living room light on and it vanished.

A friend of mine told me that between 3 and 6am ghosts are more active. So the other night I took my tape recorder and turned it on everything was silent...and just let it run for an hour.

I then turned it off and went back to sleep....I played it the next morning and a voice on it said hi.

This is all true and I really don't know what to make of it.

I am afraid to sleep without the living room light on now.

Is there anyone that can give to me some advice on how to handle the ghost activity.

I know some people like to joke....but I am serious...any REAL help is appreciated.

edit on 8-6-2012 by caladonea because: correction

edit on 8-6-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

it seems as if your typed words are in ghostly form i cant see them
edit on 8-6-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Did they get you before you could call for help!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Can you post the EVP here somehow?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I am afraid to sleep without the living room light on now

So would i be are you sure it said Hi or maybe something else like Leave Now
It's time to get the Ghostbusters in or find a new apartment
Before the claw gets you

Cran

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Can you post the EVP here somehow?

I wish I knew how to do that...but I have an old 2nd hand computer...and also my computer knowledge is very limited.

I am saving for a new computer so I can learn all the high-tech stuff.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
maybe try to open communication with it? pay close attention to your dreams if you do. ive seen and heard a lot of "ghosts". but i am not surrounded by malevolent ones. if you tend to be "glass half empty" type of person maybe trying to be more positive. negative attracts negative in my experience.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

I was thinking of contacting some (real ghost-busters)...I live in Seattle...maybe that might work.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

Right now I am dealing with 2 different ghosts one is friendly....the other not so much.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
waking up and seeing someone standing in your room has happened to me before. In my case it was a hypnogongnic (sp) hallucination. But damn was it real for a while. But yeah it just vanished too after a few seconds.

The water turning on and off. Could you describe your sink more. Like whats it's age. the spigots. the hot and cold are they knobs you turn are they a single lever which goes hot or cold depending on the direction you swing it.
That could lead to some clues for us to try and figure out whats happening in your place.

Now don't think I'm some skeptic I've lived in a haunted house before and I know what it's like.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Not sure quite where your spiritual beliefs lie, but if you aren't a believer in Christ, I would make a few suggestions:

1) don't try to communicate or invite further interaction. Best not to open doors any further than they already are.
2) home cleansing via smudging, etc.
3) lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram, or related cleansing/banishing "spells". Available online.

Hopefully you can kindly disinvite or straight up kick this thing out.

Whatever you do, good luck and stay safe out there.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Is it an old cassette recorder or the newer digital type?
Either way, the EVP is not that important right now. It's just another bit of evidence you have collected to support your claim..

There may be someone trying to contact you. Anything changed in your life? Just moved in or decorated? Bought any antiques etc.. think along those lines and you might find the path to who it is..

You could try recording again, but this time ask specific questions.. what's your name..why are you here...do you know me...etc etc..

You could also try telling this possible spirit that you are upset by their presence and you would like them to kindly leave as this is your home. That sometimes helps.

You may have just become open to being able to receive this type of communication so you might want to study up a little on mediumship...just in case you're more receptive than you ever previously thought.

Without knowing answers to some of the questions above, there's not much more anyone can do right now..
Keep a record of when things happen...what happens etc.. keep a digital camera handy to randomly take pics..

If it continues then you may need to get a team in to do an investigation...but even if they do, they may find nothing.. they may find something, but you may still be left with the issue at hand..

I strongly do not agree with clearances carried out by any religion..
I don't think you are in danger.. feels like someone needs help..

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
negative and positive sounds like it could be your guardian angel and guardian demon. but seriously you can do this on your own. you can pray for help, but you dont need someone to do this for you. we are not weak beings.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

It wasn't the sink in the kitchen....it was the water faucet in the bathtub. I was laying down trying to take a nap and the water turned on ran for a minute then it turned off.

The plumbing is fine in my building and I live in a very quiet building.. it was built in 1917 but everything was updated in 1995.

I also would like to say....I don't take any drugs...I don't drink...I don't smoke cigs. I am just not a person who hallucinates.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thank you to everyone who has responded so far. You have been very helpful....I appreciate it.

I have been very hesitant about posting this....but today I decided to go for it.

Also....to anyone who responds later on...thank you in advance!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
ghost are usually people who have passed on but have attachments that won't allow them to move on. my first question is has the ghost been there since you lived there? or he has just recently arrived? if the later i think there is a big possibility of it not being a ghost. also, some people are capable of creating entities. this is known as giesting and it's usually done on accident. but i know for me it only happens when im napping and i think a family member is home so i'll unconsciously project an image of them and they'll tuck me in or hand me my beads, close the door, etc. The yogi shiva was known to make demons to attack his enemies, in essence the same thing but he was doing it consciously.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
To be fair, only about 3 of the people who replied weren't either breaking Terms & Conditions for the forum (mindless oneliners) or trolling. Sad, and I'm sorry this is what you had for feedback. For those with sincere and thought-provoked posts, way to be!

As someone who's had some semi-firsthand experience with a ghost/spirit in the house, I must say that it's probably not a good idea to open any form of dialogue with it. If it's causing you to feel uneasy and being a general annoyance or even to the point of scratching you, my guess is that it's not friendly. You do not want to invite it into your life. Make it clear that it's invading your space and that it's not welcome.

I know a lot of people suggest smudging your house with sage but I see a lot of times they forget some important tips involved with the smudging. Stuff like: inviting/asking an authentic native elder who has "credentials" amongst their community & also an important step is to tie little bundles of cedar and hang them over every entryway into/out of the house. That means windows and doors (on the inside). The elder will bless each room and put a prayer over your home.

This worked for our family when it was needed

Good luck
edit on 8-6-2012 by GodHatesUsAll because: it works

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I know it sounded a little contradictory when I said "it's best not to open any form of dialogue with it" and then I go on to say, "make it clear that it's not welcome". What I mean is, your attitude towards it should be more annoyed and stern as opposed to submissive and fearful.

Gotta be strong willed and determined. Just know that you're much stronger than it, whatever it is, because IMO this poor soul hadn't the spiritual strength or courage to ascend beyond this realm. If that's what this thing is; a lost human soul.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Hi caladonea, very nice to see you again. I wish I were in Seattle, I would skip on over for a cup of tea and get the lowdown, but alas I am not, so I will have to go about it this way.

So lets see if I have things straight. This has been going on for a few months now. Is this when you moved in or had you been there for a while? Did it just start up out of the blue or can you think of something that may have sparked it? Think back, was there new wiring put in? Did someone new move into the building? Someone or something new entered your life? Has your stress level gone up sense then(not associated with the activity) from changes in your life?

Your tub water has come on and shut off on its own. Has the hot water heater or plumbing been worked on or replaced? Changes of pressure on an old seal can cause this but as you know its not the only answer.

With the dishes rattling, do you know their composite? Are they common off the shelf or are they old or special in anyway? Did you put in or replace your garbage disposal

With the tape recorder, I am not really concerned with it too much at this point as being tape its white noise not EVP and there is a slight difference, but its purpose was to give proof the the readers here as well as to yourself. I have read your posts long enough to know you are level headed and have no trouble believing what you say happened/is happening to be true. We just have to get some basics out of the way as to narrow down what it is you are dealing with.

I look forward to hearing from you.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The last few months I have been having paranormal activity in my apartment. One day I was laying down on my bed resting...not asleep at all and I opened my eyes and a human arm appeared hovered for a few seconds and then vanished.

Also...the water in my bathroom has been turned on and off. The dishes have been rattled in the kitchen.

Lately I have woken up with strange scratches on my body.

Last night around 3am I felt someone grab my arm and as I opened my eyes....I saw a very large hand. I pulled away got up turned the living room light on and it vanished.

A friend of mine told me that between 3 and 6am ghosts are more active. So the other night I took my tape recorder and turned it on everything was silent...and just let it run for an hour.

I then turned it off and went back to sleep....I played it the next morning and a voice on it said hi.

This is all true and I really don't know what to make of it.

I am afraid to sleep without the living room light on now.

Is there anyone that can give to me some advice on how to handle the ghost activity.

I know some people like to joke....but I am serious...any REAL help is appreciated.

edit on 8-6-2012 by caladonea because: correction

edit on 8-6-2012 by caladonea because: add more

I've been dealing with this sort of stuff for the last several years, and I have been really successful in setting boundaries with the visitor(s) I get. I have had only a couple instances where I felt uncomfortable with the presence of a post-corporeal being, and it was pretty clear to me that whoever it was, my own eternal self (it exists and naturally is directly associated with my corporeal self, as you'd expect) did not recognize it - hence the uncomfortable feeling I got. This is something that most people don't understand about the relationship between the realm we deal with and the realm that we'll be part of when we leave this one. As human beings, we literally straddle the two realms, and if a person can learn to activate the presence of their own eternal self to run off the post-corporeal jack-*sses that find ways of disturbing the senses of the corporeal human brain, they can quickly eliminate "hauntings" without much effort at all.

When people smudge or perform religious or spiritual rituals to drive off spirits, what they're doing is attempting to connect with their own eternal selves, and activate them to physically deal with the predator person that's causing the problem. You can do it by understanding and actually internalizing the understanding that your eternal self does exist, is intimately connected to your material self, and is not helpless in situations that involve other eternal beings. In fact, the only weakness that a corporeal person can have in a situation involving an eternal entity, is the belief that they are not capable of easily running such a person off at will.

I only suggest this because it definitely has worked again and again for me over the years. I visualize blasting every square centimeter of proximity surrounding me for miles and miles when I feel that sort of predatory presence with pure quiet rage, and I haven't had to do it more than once for a very long time. That said, I do have friends who stop by and goof around to try and impress me. To me, that's the best ever. The day before yesterday, someone vocalized about 5-9 inches in front of my face, and the sound made me laugh my ass off. I have no idea who it was, but it was definitely done to entertain me in a moment when I wasn't feeling all that positive. Maybe your visitor is playing, and doesn't realize that he/she is being frightening? Maybe you need to have a chat with him/her?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join