It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bath Salts? Or Start of the Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

You're likely right on the money with that. However, it's pretty hard to ignore a video of a naked dude eating another naked dude's face off....

As for the T&C, as a mod, I'm not immune to having my own threads trashed if another mod deems fit to do so. Believe it or not, wouldn't be the first time (nor the first time, in hindsight, that I've agreed with why they trashed it), but I do think this is something that should be discussed, and something that is perfectly inline with why this site exists in the first place....to question whether or not we're getting the truth, a cover story, or some mix thereof, etc.

Do I think zombies are eating people? No. (but it's a catchy idea). However, I also don't think that blaming a substance is the way to immediately go, before any evidence to that end. Something weird is happening.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I totally agree with what you said. Blaming it on a substance before toxicology has even had the chance to come back, is a bit premature to even reach that conclusion of Bath Salts for every single case.

Odd part about the naked dudes, is why was the other guy was naked? The victim?

If they weren't doing anything in the first place.

I don't think the suspect automatically at first ate him and stripped him of his clothes.

I think they were up to something and in the process, the guy wigged out, and then started eating him.

Who knows.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Something weird is happening.

Might just be indicative of the decline of the US, not because of some drug.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is a general reply not necessarily directed at the Op.

Before another of you mentions another idiotic word about Zombies, Bath Salts, or Cannibalism, let's get to the facts, shall we.

Preliminary toxicology shows that the attacker had, AT SOME POINT, which they could not determine a time frame whether if it was a month ago or an hour before, smoked marijuana with trace elements of THC showing up in the tests. No other drugs, no alcohol, NOTHING! No one has established anything about bath salts. Period.

The whole bath salts story is based on a statement and assumption by a police official who also refered to bath salts as a form of '___'. Wrong on both counts, no proof, and also establishes this police officials absolute ineptitude.

Due to this absolutely incorrect assesment of the situation, any further reporting from these police officials and their ability to make factual statements calls into question their loose and off-base reports and or findings.

The attacker was biting and tearing off the mans flesh, This is an established fact. That does not mean he was eating his victim. This BS was what the media wrote in order to dramatize the story. He looked up at the cop and growled with flesh in his mouth. That doesn't mean he was eating him, it means he had just ripped off a piece of the victims flesh and still had it in his mouth.

Only an autopsy can establish and prove that human flesh was digested by the attacker. It is more than possible that he spit flesh instead of ingesting it. But, the police have been silent about the facts and have only reported ridiculous and absurd conjecture.

What is most bizarre is why it will take two months for a complete toxicology and no report of a completed finding on an autopsy that more than likely was done within 48 hours. Nothing but silence. Nothing but a far reaching assumptive statement by an inept police official.

Here's the one I love, Maybe the government had tagged him with a new secret drug, Who is crazier, the attacker or the deluded posters on ATS?

Basically most of you are pissing into the same fan the ignorant police captain is pissing into. They have no answer or proof as to why a man stripped naked, attacked a stranger and violently used his teeth to tear the skin from his face.

If you want to guess, which is what you all are engaged in, the likelihood is that this attacker snapped. His car broke down, he was unemployed, someone said the wrong thing to him as he walked three miles across the causeway and, as Celente put it, "When people got nothin left to lose, they lose it".

You people are using more fantasy and conjecture than the police, which, makes you look absolutely ignorant. Zombies and Cannibals. Don't know if trollin or just perfectly stupid.
edit on 8-6-2012 by klhix because: spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Gazrok

I totally agree with what you said. Blaming it on a substance before toxicology has even had the chance to come back, is a bit premature to even reach that conclusion of Bath Salts for every single case.

Odd part about the naked dudes, is why was the other guy was naked? The victim?

If they weren't doing anything in the first place.

I don't think the suspect automatically at first ate and him stripped him of his clothes.

I think they were up to something and in the process, the guy wigged out, and then started eating him.

Who knows.

They weren't jumping to a conclusion with the bath salts. The authorities interviewed friends of his after the incident, and they saw him consuming bath salts before it happened.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by klhix

But my question is, why were they both naked? Okay one could be naked from the drugs and being overheated and attacking the complete stranger with clothes on. But, it didn't say whether both parties had the same drug or whatever in their system to have both parties completely strip down to nakedness.

Who strip down the victim?

The victim himself or the suspect?

It doesn't make sense.

Not unless, it was one stranger getting it on with a prostitute.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

This is ridiculous, you can talk about Bath Salts and '___' yet none of us can your not "Skirting" the issuse you are in clear violation of the T&C of this site, wich many of my post have been deleted for mentoning the same things. Watch I bet you this post will be removed for mentioning the above. Now I think you should be able to talk about these things from a scientific stantpoint and not I took this and that happend, but rules should applie to every one.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by klhix

The attacker was biting and tearing off the mans flesh, This is an established fact. That does not mean he was eating his victim.

I don't really see the difference. Technically the homeless man was "mauled" by the other man. I guess technically he was also sexually assaulted, assaulted, kidnapped, and other things since he was held down, stripped, and beaten.

Still, if someone is using their teeth to rip the flesh off another person, that is close enough to "eating" for me. I once saw an account of a shark attack here in the Panhandle of Florida, and it said the Bull Shark "bit the man to death."
Apparently the shark didn't eat the man, he just bit him until he was dead? Small distinction really.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90
reply to post by Gazrok

This is ridiculous, you can talk about Bath Salts and '___' yet none of us can your not "Skirting" the issuse you are in clear violation of the T&C of this site, wich many of my post have been deleted for mentoning the same things. Watch I bet you this post will be removed for mentioning the above. Now I think you should be able to talk about these things from a scientific stantpoint and not I took this and that happend, but rules should applie to every one.

BS and you know it!

There are a dozen threads open discussing this very same thing, and none of them are being heavily moderated. If they close all the other threads and then leave this one open, then you can bitch, but for now they are all getting equal treatment, you are just looking for a reason to attack a mod.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Haven't seen that in the accounts I read. Also, it would conflict with the results (I just saw this too), that showed he had traces of THC. Of course, like the above poster said, that could have been from a while ago, without more details. (and they didn't cite any other drug findings)

If anything, the weed would make the guy mellow...not violent. So, just more questions, and more things that don't add up in this story. Whether a drug or some psychotic development, something is wigging these folks out, who, by their friends and acquaintances, were otherwise somewhat normal beforehand. (or even if unbalanced, not THAT unbalanced).

but rules should applie to every one.

They certainly do. You just may find this thread trashed (supermod or not) the next time you go to look for it. In a way, I'm actually sticking my neck out, because I believe this is something that deserves serious attention and discussion. Whether a media created circus due to reporting, or something actually weird going on...something IS going on.

If they close all the other threads and then leave this one open, then you can bitch

If I see such a thing happen, I'll close it myself.

I think you should be able to talk about these things from a scientific stantpoint

Thing is, this topic is often hotly debated amongst the staff, but as a whole, the site staff has agreed that the subject isn't to be discussed. That's why, instead, I'm focusing on the angle that the drug explanation is flawed, and focusing that something else is to blame for this, whether it's media hysteria, or some unknown psychotic trigger, etc.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ooops re-read. Nevermind. He is guilty.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

The police state the attacker was likely high on a form of '___' nicknamed “bath salts”, but at least in my own research, I’ve yet to see where any kind of drug test was performed or results released. In fact, his brother’s testimony seems to cast doubt on this theory:

“We have seen, already, three or four cases that are exactly like this where some people have admitted taking '___' and it’s no different than coc aine psychosis,” Aguilar said.
In the cases Aguilar mentioned, he said the people have all taken their clothing off, been extremely violent with what seemed to be super-human strength, even using their jaws as weapons.

And I was not b*tching I was standing up for myself sense I have had post about this same subject removed and been threatened with account termination.
edit on 8-6-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Didn't you see I retracted my statement.

I'm sticking up for you.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I don't know how your posts read, but there is a big difference between discussing the ins and outs and effects and personal experiences of different substances, compared to just repeating the facts of the case or the things mentioned in the article.

I've seen the mods being pretty lenient on this particular subject in all the threads I have read, so if your's got removed it probably had a "personal use" aspect to it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I am not immune to these same actions. Just as an FYI.

But lets get back on topic, eh? Discussing what is really behind these cases...
edit on 8-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

He posted a similar thread to yours and it was gone in 60 seconds or less, Another member did the same and the thread was shut down.

I see where their coming from. That's why I made the first comment.

I do wish they would keep the thread open because it does help with some insight in the bizarreness of these cases. And it is interesting to say the least. But so far every-time I reply to these threads there either closed or trashed.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

No I didnt but thank you. Now that my thoughts are collected I feel like I may have made a bigger issue out of it as it may be but my point still stands. Sorry to the OP was not trying to call you out just simply felt as I was being treated unfairly.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It happens.

I've been there before.

I understand the frustration.

My week long vacation from ATS.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90

The police state the attacker was likely high on a form of '___' nicknamed “bath salts”, but at least in my own research, I’ve yet to see where any kind of drug test was performed or results released. In fact, his brother’s testimony seems to cast doubt on this theory:

“We have seen, already, three or four cases that are exactly like this where some people have admitted taking '___' and it’s no different than coc aine psychosis,” Aguilar said.
In the cases Aguilar mentioned, he said the people have all taken their clothing off, been extremely violent with what seemed to be super-human strength, even using their jaws as weapons.

And I was not b*tching I was standing up for myself sense I have had post about this same subject removed and been threatened with account termination.
edit on 8-6-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

There are bigger forums out their with more participants you can discuss drugs freely with.
edit on 8-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As to the Zombie topic, Once a sensational story like the Man Eating Face story comes out the issue get goes viral and more and more people look into the subject matter. Like theres Probly the same number of cases of people attacking people with there mouths its just more widely reported sense that's what people want to read about. Now there probably is a slight increase in cases do to population growth and and an increase in mental dissablitys/topic that can not be discussed on this website. But its most likly just a bunch of hype and News medias trying to make money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join