It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experiences with 2 what could only be Angels.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Well, good for you.

I am happy that this was a positive method for you to reach towards LOVE.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Provide me with evidence that what I encountered was not real. Simple truth is you can't.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Can't say I've ever had an "angelic" experience myself. Kinda wish I have, as i've had a lot of crap happen in my life and just want a little peace and happiness. I'm tired of being alone and experiencing disappointment after disappointment after disappointment.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If angels truly are real, then why are they so ignorant..? I always hear stories of people claiming to see angels and claiming that these angels saved their lives, how come the angels never save anyone who really needs help? They dont seem to care much for starving children or homeless people, dont seem to care much for people with diseases and people who were deformed from birth.. No it seems like angels only enjoy taking on minute problems such as "break ups" and death.. Everyone loses someone close to them, so why dont angels visit them? I just had a tough time last year when my dad passed away but no angels visited me and gave me comfort, why so?

This isnt an attack on you either OP, i just always wonder these things when i read a story like this.. To be honest what scares me the most is how many people believe you simply on your word.. Im not saying your lying but I dont believe in an extraordinary story like that coming from someone I have never met in my life, I require some form of proof or what have you. It just scares me how many people simply say "I BELIEVE YOU!!" because you mentioned angels.. If you would have changed Angels with Aliens or anything else I guarantee you would have A LOT more backlash.. To prove this theory ill write a story like this soon to see how many people blindly follow it before I tell them it is simply that, a story.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shagga

I've always had a theory that maybe things like that happen for a reason. Maybe a person is starving because their spirit or whatever needs to experience that in order to progress. idk, just a theory.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Provide me with evidence that what I encountered was not real. Simple truth is you can't.

Don't concern yourself with the naysayers, they want so badly to believe their version of the world in which the supernatural does not exist that when anyone posts personal supernatural experiences they will yell, call you names, say you are sick/ insane and stomp their feet in frustration. Just smile and wish them well, if they don't want to believe then so be it, that's their problem. I have no doubt that supernatural things happen to those people as well, but they have blinded themselves to it.

When I was in college I had a very close friend that was going through severe depression. I didn't know it until later, but she had been thinking about suicide for quite a while and finally decided she was going to go through with it. She was driving home from classes and saw a one car accident, a car had gone off the road and struck a pole. A guy was standing next to the car. She stopped and asked him if he needed help. He looked her in the eye and said "no, but I want to tell you, don't do it." She felt like she knew what he meant, but at the same time was convinced it had to be a fluke. So she said "do what?" He said "I know what you're thinking, don't do it." She shrugged like she didn't know what he meant, asked him if he was sure he didn't need a ride or anything, and after he said he was fine she left (this was well before cell phones and even before the 9-1-1 emergency service). But as she drove she started thinking about what he said and decided she wanted to talk to him some more. She turned around, went back and both he and the car were gone and there was no broken glass, skidmarks or anything else to indicate he had been there. My friend was most assuredly not religious and she told me about this event with great reluctance, she kept telling me she wanted to tell me something but was afraid to and I had to encourage her to continue telling it once she started because she kept wanting to cut it off and say "forget it". She told me she thought that I would think she was crazy, so she didn't want to tell me. And she never talked about it again after that.

I am convinced that supernatural things happen to us all, some are major events but most are minor and easily overlooked. But the clues are there if you watch for them.

edit on 8-6-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

That is true, to be honest it could be for reasons us humans will never understand. Its just one of those things I wish I could understand because it makes believing that much harder.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
OP - thanks for sharing. I believe you, as I've had similar, though less direct/ dramatic experiences myself. For example, when I was about 18yrs old I was a drunken loner, having drugged and boozed my way out of all friendships, education, and into the 'black sheep of the family' spot.

I was drinking late one night, in the garden of my parents home (booze which I had stolen from my parents), and in my frustration of spirit, I prayed to God, saying 'God - if you're real, please prove it to me, and I'll follow you..'

Next day, I was drinking again, sat on the floor in the street of the local town, wasted and looking for all the world like I was a homeless junkie. A middle-aged black lady, well-dressed and looking like she was on her way to do something, walked past. She suddenly stopped still, turned to me and said ''You've been praying - God answers prayer. Come with me..''

She took me to a night shelter for people who have no place to stay. We sat amongst a bunch of other troubled teenagers, and had a long conversation about spiritual things, though truth be told I don't remember a word of what we spoke about. She left, having helped to register me for the services of the night shelter, and I never saw her again. Next day, one of the lads who was also living there said ''It was as though she had known you for ever - really strange..''

Within a few days I sought out a local pastor and we spoke at length - I gave my life to Christ after praying with him. He also spoke to me about what he felt was God's call on my life, explaining that I was to become a 'warrior for God' at some point in the future. He shared a scripture about a guy in the Old Testament called Gideon, who was the least and most insignificant member of his family/ tribe/ nation, and yet who was called by God to lead the army which would defeat Israel's enemies of the time. This pastor said he felt my life would end up on a similar path - being called to take a lead in the coming spiritual warfare that the people of Earth would be facing.

I could talk at length about how this prophetic word has started to come to pass, but for now I wish you well, and will pray for you tonight with my mate from church. May God's will become clear for you, and may you walk in it well. Don't be distracted by wishy-washy new age philosophies, channelled material etc. For reasons that will become clearer, you were led off that path in order that you might tread the narrow way.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shagga

What makes you think they don't save those who need saving? What makes you think those who die by whatever means aren't meant to die? Why do you think a long life is somehow the right way? We have things to do with our lives.

Angels most definitely appear to us when they're needed, providing you can see them for what they are. Not all angels come in the form of beautiful messengers with gentle smiles. Sometimes they come and really shake things up. Sometimes they point out your flaws and it breaks your heart. That's what they do though. They deliver messages. We meet angels every single day, if we're paying attention. There are signs all around us. We have to open our hearts to see them though. The eyes and ears aren't the best way to see them. Sometimes the heart is your best sensory organ.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You know I have never been too receptive to believe this sort of thing until recently. Coincidences happen but this felt so powerful to my family that I truly believe it was not. My husband and my young son live in north Arkansas. We fish the white river as often as we can and one day my husband had off on a monday so we packed a lunch and headed to the river. The boat ramp we use is off the beaten path, no one goes down this road and we have never seen a police man ever let alone other fishermen when we have gone. After a great day on the water we came back to the ramp and there were three motor cycles parked near our truck and trailer. We just had a bad feeling about this and fished a bit more and came back 20 minutes later, They were still there and my husband decided that we needed to get off the river before dark so we docked the boat and I and my son stayed in the boat while he went to get the truck. He backed down and we loaded the boat. He told me to just get my purse and get into the truck while he got the boat straps. He said that we would get everything out of the boat once we got out of there. I got my son out of the boat and turned around to grab my purse and my son right away ran down the ramp back towards the water like he always does. We usually let him play at the water's edge while we unpack the boat and strap everything down. At this point my husband was in the boat and I was headed to retrieve my son and was half way between him and my husband. The three men then separated, one went up to talk to my husband, one went down towards my son and the other came towards me asking me "How was the fishing today?" If you ever have that pit in your stomach, that raw instinct of extreme danger, that is what both my husband and I were experiencing. I saw it all play out in my mind in an instant. I am a tall attractive blond and I knew I was going to be hurt and killed and so were my husband and little boy. I started to race towards my son to try and cut the other man off but he had gone directly down the ramp and was ahead of me with the other man on my heals walking even faster. Then I heard the barking of a dog. I was so far down the ramp that I could not see my husband and the other man. I then heard the guy call for his two friends and I ran down past the third man heading for my son as he turned around and walked up the hill and I grabbed my son. I have tears in my eyes just recalling this feeling. My little boy and I walked up the ramp to see a police officer with a dog standing talking to all three men and my husband. The dog was going crazy and the officer let him carry on and I heard the officer ask my husband if everything was OK, My husband made a face and said that him and his family were ready to leave, He ask the men for their identification, they gave it to him and then got on their bikes and headed out quickly. I looked the officer in the eyes and I felt this overpowering peace. He smiled at me and got his dog into the back seat and drove a head of us as we left the long road back to the main highway. NEVER have I seen a police officer any where around there nor have I seen a K9 unit in our area. Both my husband and I can not remember seeing county or state info on the vehicle. So at the very least the man was at the right spot at the right time but because of the remoteness of the boat ramp I find it almost impossible that a k9 unit would venture way back off the main highway at that exact time on a Monday late after noon. In the officers eyes I could see that he knew he had adverted something terrible but never once told us to be careful or asked us for our ID's or anything, He did not talk to my little boy or anything which I find odd since my son was fascinated with his dog. We NEVER use that boat ramp now and only use the public ramp in our town. All three of us would have died that day, I am certain of it and I am certain that for what ever reason that officer was driven to go to that place at that specific time. My family's work was not done on this earth yet. He will forever be a living Angel in my mind.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

If this is all real, amazing!. My life has been a mess of late but somehow all the pieces seem to be falling into place, it's so unbelievable.

edit: I had a strong episode of dejavu today it was weird, you know that feeling you get where its either the beginning or the end of your life.
edit on 8-6-2012 by DeadSnow because:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Awesome story!!! gave me goosebumps

Just to touch on a comment that i have heard hundreds of times from sceptics thats goes a little like this "if angels/god are so great and loving why does he let millions of people starve and innocent children/people die?"
But he might help and save an average Joe?

My opinion is that us the human race have done all the bad in the world today and it's not god's business to step in and save everyone because then really we wouldn't be are own person. We made our bed now we got to lay in it. It is us who have created all the evil and poverty in the world today.

So i think where the angels etc. can help they will try weather it be a lost soul full of heartache and anger or giving someone the strength in there mind to reach a goal or overcome something which it seems the OP'er has been blessed with.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I really enjoyed your story as well as everyone else's who was brave enough to come forward.

Now, I am not a religious person, but I consider myself to be pretty spiritually inclined. I've had quite a number of out of this world experiences, some of which have rocked me to the core. This experience I'll gladly share was about Angels. Or one angel.

My grandparents maintained their ancestral cabin deep in the hills. Two more cabins have been built around the older, which had been originally lived in by my great grandmother (all by herself, one strong woman I tell you). Beautiful area, really tranquil and for the most part, untouched by mankind.

My two cousins and I, we all must have been under the age of 13 - we are sleeping out under the stars. Grandparents set up an old bed on the back porch, when it was warm enough, there's nothing better than sleeping out there. So all three of us were on that bed, sharing stories like kids do. One cousin goes to sleep, then the other cousin began to get quiet.. So there I am, laying in the bed, last one awake. I'm looking up at the night sky, and what I saw next - I'll never forget:

Though this happened about 12 years ago, I feel that I can remember it perfectly. It was an angel, closest thing I could think of. A humanoid-shaped being, maybe 3,000 feet of the ground, with giant wings flapping in a very slow rhythm across the sky. The way it moved was really interesting, because I have been watching birds forever, and when a bird with that kind of wingspan is flying at the height of a bi-plane --- they don't need to flap their wings, they just glide.

Large wingspan, body of a human, and glowing a brilliant white. It was flying North from South, so it moved across my vision (right side of me, to the left). The way it slowly moved across the sky was totally unreal to any bird I've ever seen, big or small. As if it was swimming through the air or something.

I remember being totally calm, and having absolutely no inclination to wake my cousins. I only remember falling asleep, I don't remember it flying away.

I really don't know if it was indeed an Angel, but I remember being able to make out it's long body, it was unlike any bird I know of.

There's my story.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I had an event like the original poster at a bookshelf. When I look back it was a really big moment in my life. I was browsing for books with a friend of mine at a thrift store. No one was really in the place and I was just there with my friend. I pulled this book off the shelf, The Greatest Secret in World by Og Mandino which is kind of a strange book and not too many people know about. I think I've met one other person who's read it. It's kind of a 1950s self help book that's a cross between The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran, Think and Grow Rich and/or How to Win Friends and Influence People. This was years ago maybe 1986. At the time I had no idea what the book was about and I was not a religious person at all.

I'm just standing there with my friend and I pull the book off the shelf. Just then a guy on the right side of me steps in and says, "That's a really good book. I've read that." I turn and look at him and say something like thanks. I look at the book and decide to buy it and turn back and the guy is gone. But at the time none of this registered. I just bought the book, went home and started reading it. The book was really intense because you have to read it three times a day for five weeks until you go to the next chapter. It actually takes you a year to read the whole book. It sounds silly today when I think of it. The first chapter is on Love, the next chapter is on persistence, then uniqueness, laughter, action, change, living each day as if it were your last, goals etc. etc. It's ten chapters and they're very religious without all that stuff that's in the Bible that's hard to believe. They're just basic principles on how to live your life.

During that year when I was reading the book, before I even got into paranormal experiences I started having out of body experiences but at the time I didn't know what they were. My life was changing and I was looking at the world differently because of this book but I didn't really notice it. It must have just slowly seeped in. When I finished the book I thought I had it memorized. So just for the fun of it I stood in my apartment and recited the entire book from memory. It took at least an hour. When I got done I couldn't believe what had just happened.

After that when I look back that's when I started having a voracious appetite to read and study the worlds religions. I went through everything. Buddhism, Taoism, Zen, Hinduism, The Bhagavad Gita, The Upanishads, The Koran, The Bible, Gnostic Christianity and meditation. I got stuck on the Tao te Ching and I ended up memorizing that book and using that as a meditation. Then I started seriously studying Buddhism and memorized long parts of the Dhammapada. The next thing you know I end up going to a Buddhist monastery. Today I study and meditate on the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

My point is when I look back and think of that guy who was right there at that book shelf who told me to read Og Mandino's Greatest Secret in the World seems kind of like an angel who stepped into my life and then left just as quickly without the opportunity to thank him. And on top of that this book is not very well known. Like I said not very many people have even heard of the book. Actually since that time, 25 years ago, I have only met one other person who has even heard of it. So what are the chances that this guy out of nowhere comes in right at that moment in my life, mentions the book and then leaves mysteriously?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
One day, years ago, I had put my car in the shop for repair, and borrowed my dad's small pickup to drive to work. As I drove down the street past the employee entrance of the hospital I worked at, I saw a good friend as he was walking along. I went on down to the parking lot, parked, and walked back to the entrance myself. My friend was standing there, waiting for me. He said, "Who was that in the truck with you?" No, I was alone, I told him. He smiled.

Years after that, after a serious heartbreaking experience, I was spoken to on two different occasions, by a Voice which communicated an impression into my mind without sound or words. I understood it perfectly, but yet had to translate the impression into words to get the full meaning. What the Voice told me turned out later to be entirely true in every detail.

I offer no further explanation, but such encounters have been known to happen from time to time in my family

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shagga

I didn't say they saved my life so not sure were you are getting that. And I hate to tell you Death is anything but a small problem. Let me ask you this. How do you know you weren't visited by one. Its not like they come bearing large signs shouting "HEY IM AN ANGEL" I don't believe you would know about it unless they so chose to let you know it.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe just maybe there is more to the world then meets the eye and perhaps there are other people who have experienced these events too?
edit on 8-6-2012 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by Shagga

I've always had a theory that maybe things like that happen for a reason. Maybe a person is starving because their spirit or whatever needs to experience that in order to progress. idk, just a theory.

Higher Ups roll up their sleeves and go to the trenches to teach us LOVE AND EQUALITY. Very few notice.

We're supposed to be sharing here, its part of out tests. The way Family is, above, we are supposed to be Family below.

The whole goal here is trying to become them. To grow up.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kman420

Troll much, mon ami?

Why did you bother replying, when your reply indicates:

a) A lack of compassion (berating your cousin semi-publicly, as well as calling the experiences of schizophrenics into blanket dispute)

b) A lack of open-mindedness (unable to process the experiences of others without falling onto your preconceived and somewhat dim-witted notions)

c) A lack of intellectual honesty (experiences of the angelic have been well-documented and researched; though it cannot be proven, there's a wealth of material to suggest that they could in fact exist...)

d) A spiteful and cold attitude towards others (calling people 'liar' or 'wacko' is not particularly the way it's done when you disagree with someone on ATS, or in general life either...)

In fact - why are you a member of ATS? When you clearly have so many issues to work through before a decent debate with you - on any subject outside the realm of the mainstream - can be had?

It baffles the mind...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
out of the history of my entire human lifespan I can say I never met an angelic being before, I have encountered countless souls like gorgeous sexy faeries but never angels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join