It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia prepares for war in Syria, army units

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Russia/China vs US, Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Israel, India, Turkey, Greece, Belgium, Netherlands, Australia.

Should be a good one!!!

Don't forget Canada.

I really wish my country would acquire a huge arsenal of nuclear tipped ICBMs, revoke all free-trade agreements, create sovereign currency and become an isolationist state. This is sheer madness.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Orwells Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The Russian military hardware has upgraded itself since the last cold war era, you think Russia is using the old cold war era tech? think again.

True that! Some of the best spyware I've got has been ordered out of Russia and shipped over here.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Russia would be foolish to support a collapsing Assad regime in Syria with actual troops, IMO. He is going to fall, it's just a matter of by who and when. Russia will be on the wrong side history if they continue to support Assad during his fall from power.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

Lol that isn't a real war! We are fighting a bunch of cowards scared to don a uniform. And last I checked Afghanistan holds free elections! Suicide bombing is not war! If we unleashed our true arsenal on them it would be condemned by all nations. Going up against Taliban is like lebron James playing one on one with a paraplegic! And don't even bring al Qaeda. They don't even exist anymore thanks our CIA drone strikes!!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Blah Blah Blah, heard it a million times WW3 jargon!! Nothing ever comes of it Blah Blah Blah! Not that I want anything to come of it. That would be a terrible war.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

there is a flow to engagements .... I dont wish to debate America's Foregien Policy.... you either support the troops or you dont. and war is war and the less of us that gets killed the better. but fair it is not.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Russia wish to protect their assets in Iran,right?
Well Iran arm Hizbollah in Lebanon to deter Israel from attacking Iran,amongst other things.
I am guessing a whole lot of those arms are trafficked through Syria,Iran's friendly neighbor.
Could it be that Russia need Assad to stay in power in Syria,otherwise Hizbollah will not get as many weapons,thus basically handing Israel an open invite to attack Iran?

Russia do not want an attack on Iran.
Keeping Assad in power lessens the risk of an Iran attack IMO.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

you got my point...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

No I read your opinion. No point taken.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

If Russia and China were on one side I'm pretty sure a lot of middle east countries would join them. I'm not into having a big war although it would be an excellent way of trimming the world population.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot[/
This is funny to me. I just don't think people truly understand the capabilities of our military. After serving more than a decade and moving up in the ranks before I was retired early due to disability I sit here along with the rest who are outside looking in and I am 100% positive that china and Russia and heck throw in Iran and Syria do not stand a chance against US alone. And this is why there will be no war between them. And if it for some reason happened
It would not be conventional. It would be nuclear. It probably would start out conventional but would turn quickly into nuclear. And everyone knows nobody wins in nuclear war.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Russia/China vs US, Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Israel, India, Turkey, Greece, Belgium, Netherlands, Australia.

Should be a good one!!!

i'm unsure it would be that cut and dry when you factor in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and most islamic countries fighting on the side of Russia. India has already made it's position clear by trading with Iran in gold and bypassing the embargo. Turkey could go either way and the rest of the countries you listed are broke, Germany only has money because of their deflated euro value due to the rest of the eu.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That photo of the russian boy is a dead ringer for my own son! right down to the expression......it slayed me....
I hope Russia stays within the confines of guarding its own military assets in Sria, should they send any troops at all.....
Assad is clearly the looser here now, and if left to fester, its my wager the regime will topple sooner than later under such pressure as can be clandestinely brought to bear.
Quatar,UAE,US, French, Turkish,UK, who hasnt got clandestine operatives stirring up trouble for Assad?
The massacres which i believe that Assad has absolutely NO control of or hand in.....are acts of ethnic cleansing by separate sects. or groups.
Whether committed by pro, or anti assad troops, they are religiously oriented and long standing blood feud type events.
What must be avoided if possible, is involvement b the US, this ma make ot feasable for a fait accomple....withou too much trouble from either Iran, or ussia....who would end up scrambling to ensure their position with the new goverment...who would do well to offer some kind of guarantees to them......at least for the present.
Turkeys idea of a buffer zone for the protection of innocents as they head for relief camps in turkish territory, may et provide an in for foriegn troops without russian interferance as well......
developements are far from deadlocked, and too fluid to predict at this juncture......

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A lot of Middle Eastern countries may join them but a lot would join the other side as well. The Middle east is split between Sunni and Shiite. Thast why the Saudies, and UAE etc are enemies of Iran. Sunni vs Shiite.

Originally posted by rickymouse

If Russia and China were on one side I'm pretty sure a lot of middle east countries would join them. I'm not into having a big war although it would be an excellent way of trimming the world population.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Should be a good one!!!

i'm unsure it would be that cut and dry when you factor in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and most islamic countries fighting on the side of Russia. India has already made it's position clear by trading with Iran in gold and bypassing the embargo. Turkey could go either way and the rest of the countries you listed are broke, Germany only has money because of their deflated euro value due to the rest of the eu.

I agree. It's would surely depend on who aligned with who in some regards. If Greece were to align with the US, Turkey might make a case to go against the US, being Greece is their mortal enemy. Same could be said with Pakistan and India. One might chose a side merely to be opposing their nemesis.

But I could nearly guarantee, however, that nearly all Eastern European countries would align with the US.

link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

Nobody - and notice the hemosphere ... and FUKUSHIMA, I think that would make George W Bushes Ranch in Patagonia on that nations largest Aquafuer worth something more than dirt and water......

link   
India wont be allied with Pakistan and China you can count on that. India is FAR more likely to be aligned with the West. India didnt just test fire that nuke a few weeks ago who's design had China written all over it.

Should be a good one!!!

edit on 7-6-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
BUT Greece and Turkey are both NATO members...surely they both knew that by joining NATO they must be able to fight together at some point if need be.

Originally posted by Bearack

Should be a good one!!!

I agree. It's would surely depend on who aligned with who in some regards. If Greece were to align with the US, Turkey might make a case to go against the US, being Greece is their mortal enemy. Same could be said with Pakistan and India. One might chose a side merely to be opposing their nemesis.

But I could nearly guarantee, however, that nearly all Eastern European countries would align with the US.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Aye, but I said might make a case. Greece and Turkey joined NATO at the same time in 1952. There has been plenty of time for that animosity to fester over that time.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

That computer isn't a military authority, I wouldn't base my opinion on a television show either.Statistics showed Saddam's army would crush us,I was told we would loose 50% in a pre deployment briefing before Desert Shield, again based on statistics.
Numbers just don't cover the chaos theory and the US Army at war is chaos.In a conventional fight we win.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join