It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not ALL Dreams Are "ATS Induced"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I am not here to call anyone out. In a strange way, I understand why so many people feel the need to express doubt when they read stories from The Gray Area. You're scared. You are legitimately scared of some of the things you are reading and you have to rationalize it away. I understand that. I am not here to judge you. I know how you feel. It has to be faked. It has to be drugs. It has to be reading too much ATS or watching Sci-Fi because it just can't be true. Because if it's true, you're not safe anymore. Because if it's true, it can happen to you. And that's too frightening a thought. So, you read these experiences that people are having an you start rationalizing and Google searching to debunk or explain them. You have to do this for your sanity. You can't go to bed until you have successfully convinced yourself that it's all bull.

I know. I know because I have done it too sometimes. But you know what ? It doesn't always work. At the end of the day, you know it happened. And sometimes , there's no use in even trying to deny some of it. For example, I was recently and genuinely freaked out about an experience that a woman posted here that she was having in her house and I believed her. It hit too close to home. I believed her and I didn't even respond to her because I thought that it might trigger that same experience to start happening to me and so I ignored it. Obviously, I got over that initial fear. It doesn't bother me now, but whew. It knocked me back. I had to to get a drink that night. Yes, it was that bad.

But now that I am over that initial fear, I wish I could have said something to her to encourage her. I went back and read and saw that several people were giving her advice and many of them gave her the same advise as I would have. But, by then she had stopped responding to the posts and there came that fear again. Did it get her ? But here's my point and going back to the title of my thread and the reason for posting it, not everything is ATS or Sci-Fi induced. Her experience as well as my own experiences are not found on ATS. They are not found on any Sci-Fi channel. I can't even think of a paranormal movie or show that explains some of the stuff I have endured in my life. I'm not on ATS often, but I have had lots of vivid dreams. They are real. I didn't watch any show that triggered my dreams before going to bed. There is no explanation for them. I am here because of my dreams. My dreams to not come from me being here.

I have had vivid dreams where I literally flew to Boston and I'm not talking about American Airlines with a layover in Chicago. I fricken flew by butt to Boston. I've never been there in my life, but I was there. I was aware of the time. I saw the patches of snow. I felt the breeze. I saw the train. I descended from the top of the train into a room with about six to eight train conductors and when they saw me they freaked out and all looked at the main guy. He looked at me and nodded in approval and they were fine with me being there. Anyone care to explain what the blank THAT was about ? I had a similar dream about New York City. I was there. Never been in real life, but I was there. I have been to islands where all the buildings were white that remind me of Malta before I ever heard of Malta or went there. What movie is THAT from ?

I dreamed once that I was living what can only be described as a futuristic but downgraded America. All citizens lived in run down apartments. And every so often, we would get a shipment of supplies based on size of household. I was filling my cabinets with the supplies I got when there was a huge commotion and excitement. I ran outside to the roof with everyone else. I had my camera. It felt like 9pm. All of a sudden you could see the lights in the sky. Beautiful lights and maneuvering craft. They were clearly UFO's flying all around and we were all filming it with our various cameras. Next thing I know, I get the warning. It's something inside that warns me every time I have a UFO dream, the same thing happens. I knew that after all the pretty lights came, something bad happened. So I started running .

The scene changes and I'm standing at the entrance of a Military base. Soldiers were encouraging people to come inside, but many would not because they kept screaming about FEMA and NWO. They ran back down the street towards the UFO's. I, and maybe a handful of others, went into the bunker with the Military. Then, they shut us inside. All of a sudden there was a giant explosion and everyone who was not inside died. Then I find out that the Military made a deal with the aliens that they could blow up the people who did not come inside. but then, we find out that the aliens betrayed the Military because they tried to get inside where I was. This lasted all night long and by morning we had surrendered to the aliens who did not look like aliens, They were dressed as Nazis, but they were not human.

Next thing I see are the people inside being rounded up and marched out somewhere. I was determined not to go. I knew I would escape. The people had different stickers on their faces and they were separated and sorted based on the stickers on their faces. I had a gray sickle shaped sticker that was placed on me that I took off. I was hiding behind steel beams and evading capture from the large headed Nazi aliens. I was already planning in my head how to live off the land in the wilderness once I get there, like I do all the time every time I have one of these dreams. That's all I remember. I have had several of these types of dreams. They always include UFO's and MILITARY together. Always.

I don't watch a lot of movies and I don't believe in UFO's so why am I having these dreams ?

What about my most recent very vivid and lucid dream that I had to write down because it freaked me out so bad. I was walking down a sidewalk and I saw a funeral procession for a pope. He was dressed in red and priests were carrying him. The sidewalk I was on started to curl and swirl and get crowded with lots of people excited to see the dead pope. Then, the scene changed where I had apparently just moved into a new apartment and when I went to light a candle, instead of a flame, I saw this smoke/silver like hexagon floating. I tried to blow it out, but could not. I prayed and took all the candles and threw them outside on the ground. Then, a friend came over and gave me a housewarming gift. It was a carved wooden shelf or small spice rack with green herb like plants on it. The apartment was not as nice as my real apartment. There was a hole in the wall. The curtains were kind of shabby and it was raining outside. There was a cabinet on the ceiling and when I opened it, there was a clock in there just ticking. The next thing that happened, I was shopping with a friend and there was a sale on purses and sunglasses 2 for $25.00 . Then, I saw two black puppies. I kept telling myself to remember everything because everything means something. Then I woke up and wrote everything down. It still does not make sense to me.

Now what was all that about ? None of this has anything to o with ATS, Sci-FI or any movie and yet these are all vivid dreams. Sorry for rambling. I guess I just want people to know that what some of us are experiencing here is REAL. And we are here because we want to know what's going on.

edit on 6-6-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ya I know what you mean. Ever since I've been reading ATS forums I've had weird dreams too. One of which the govt was taking over and me and my mom and my girlfriend were running from them and than my grandpa picked us up in a golden car and took us to a safe house which than got raided. I had another dream where aliens were taking over but I don't remember that one as much. There's been a couple more too , but don't remember them. Anyone else have any weird dreams like that?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Dreams hold TREMENDOUS power. Everyone dreams whether you remember it or or not. EVERYONE dreams.

What's important to keep in mind is that even if you don't consciously remember your dream, your subconscious remembers and your soul/astral body/whatever you choose to call it will remember.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I once had a dream where I was walking through an endless desert with Inanna. I eventually turned to ash, fell over, and was scattered in a million pieces across the whole of space and time. At the time, I perceived the dream as a type of visual consciousness expansion.

Another time I dreamed that my best friend and I were sitting in some lawn chairs while the Andromeda galaxy, and our Milky Way galaxy merged into each other. As the massive swallowing of our galaxies took place, my friend and I were melded into a single being, via a psycho-sexual process.

Yet another time I was dreaming that I witnessed the crashing of a UFO into my neighbors house. Upon gathering up several neighborhood adults, we all ventured in and made a dream-search of all the floors of the house (basement, main floor, second floor, attic) in search of the craft and/or occupants.

About two years ago I had a dream where-in I had become a mutant hybrid half-human, half-insect. In the dream I had gone to the zoo with a love-interest, and proceeded to have insect-based intercourse with her... in extremely graphic detail. The dream was extremely vivid, even though I have never done anything sexual with her before.

Before I ever discovered ATS I was having dreams about the Angel of Death; the tarot card "The Tower," new and unexplored worlds, zombie/demon apocalypses, and "so vivid I thought I was awake" nightmares. I've kept a dream journal for over a decade.

Never once did I believe a UFO crashed into my neighbors house, or that I had visited an untamed world, or that I had actually experienced insect-sex with my friend, or lived through a galaxy swallowing, or turned to motes of sand in a desert of consciousness. They were just dreams, influenced by perception, pop culture, the day's events, and little subconscious signals my mind picks up on, and stores during the day/week. Dreams are powerful psychological symbols; not doorways to another reality, or astral projections, nor visitations from Higher Beings. They're just subconscious symbols, mapped out in a mostly-soundless environment. Sorry to burst any bubbles. Reality, and waking life, are for experiences. Dreams are for symbolic renditions of normal life.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Thanks for trying but that crap doesn't work on me.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I had a dream recently that animals became very aggressive towards us. In the dream I was running through the city and we were being attacked by rats. They were literally jumping up and attaching themselves to us with their teeth and claws going crazy. We ran to a truck and got in the truck and started to try and take off. The radio was declaring a state of emergency and telling people to not go outside.

Then, after having this odd dream, we start hearing about the kissing bug down south, aggressive spiders over in eastern Europe and there you go. Creepy. But I'm a analyzer so I have to ask myself, was it prophetic, or did I simply notice the stories because of the dream?

Another recently strange dream was what I'm assuming is set in the not so distant future. I was in the city, because I lived there and my family was there and everyone is being told to stay inside if they can so they don't get sick. No one knows what is making everyone sick, but people who go outside get sicker faster than those who stay in. Internet was taken down, and media became fairly locally controlled because they took down cable television and deactivated cell phones. We had to use hard lines if outside help was needed. It was like being thrown back a couple decades in terms of how limited our technology became, but the difference was complained about and feared. Martial law was in place in our city to stop looting and the people who break under the stress and go temporarily insane. In the dream, no one knew why everyone was getting sick we all just were.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

That's scary.

Lately, I have been looking up different things in the dreams I have on line on one of those dream interpretation websites, but I don't always get an answer their either. What are our dreams telling us and why are we having these dreams ?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What "crap" doesn't "work on you" exactly? You said so yourself in this post:

Lately, I have been looking up different things in the dreams I have on line on one of those dream interpretation websites

So you do believe that dreams are symbolic, and have symbolic meaning. Which is exactly what I said in my post. Dreams are nothing more than visual subconscious recollections of our thought process, fears, memories, and experiences.

If dreams really were a gateway to another plane of existence, then we would never have "spaghetti dreams" that taper off into meaningless jumbles; we would never have nightmares; and we would never have a dream with things that do not make sense. Which is it? Dreams are a doorway to another world, or dreams are subconscious symbolism? It cannot be both, because the process of sleep is always the same.

As for your most recent dream...

I was walking down a sidewalk and I saw a funeral procession for a pope. He was dressed in red and priests were carrying him. The sidewalk I was on started to curl and swirl and get crowded with lots of people excited to see the dead pope.

April 2, 2005 Pope John Paul the Second died. According to your profile, you joined in 2009, 4 years after this event. So, since you found ATS and joined after this event, it is easily possible that the intense media coverage of this death has lain dormant in your subconscious, and was possibly triggered by other deaths you have been witness to within the past month or more. No mystery here.

Then, the scene changed where I had apparently just moved into a new apartment and when I went to light a candle, instead of a flame, I saw this smoke/silver like hexagon floating. I tried to blow it out, but could not. I prayed and took all the candles and threw them outside on the ground.

First, candles are often lit in memory of lost loved ones. An obvious transition from the funeral procession. Second, you're on ATS, and your profile says you like reading about the "strange and unusual," and that you especially enjoy the gray area. There are tons of posts on here dealing with hexagrams, magick, spiritism, and the like. It is no great leap to imagine you've read about the ritual and magickal uses of hexagrams, pentagrams, candles, magick, witchcraft and the like.

Not being able to blow it out could have been a sign of the dreams increasing depth, you were no longer in early cycles of sleep, but moving into deep sleep, R.E.M sleep. Therefore the "normal" laws of physics were coming away as your delved deeper into your subconscious.

Then, a friend came over and gave me a housewarming gift. It was a carved wooden shelf or small spice rack with green herb like plants on it. The apartment was not as nice as my real apartment. There was a hole in the wall. The curtains were kind of shabby and it was raining outside. There was a cabinet on the ceiling and when I opened it, there was a clock in there just ticking.

Do you cook? Have you ever cooked? Do you have an interest in New Age herbal healing? What did you have for dinner the night you had this dream? As for the apartment, do you live in one? Have you ever? Does a close friend? There are a million reasons your dream would construct an apartment. The clock is interesting. It denotes time, worry, and the process of movement. Being locked up, it seems to suggest you're ignoring something, not facing a process of evolution which you really ought to. Especially since the cabinet is above you, on the ceiling, suggesting it's a "higher" aspect of you, or something to become.

The next thing that happened, I was shopping with a friend and there was a sale on purses and sunglasses 2 for $25.00 . Then, I saw two black puppies.

This was you coming out of deep sleep, back into every day concerns. Shopping, the prices of items, etc. They're all superficial, day-to-day thoughts. There's nothing secret buried here. Your dream ended after this because you were out of deep sleep, and back into the waking cycles.

See, nothing special, easily accounted for, and even a small dose of psychological analysis available in it.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 7/6/12 by Wandering Scribe because: had to correct quotation coding

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Sorry. I thought you were being smart azz because you started talking about sex.

In any event. No to all of your questions. I wasn't thinking about any of that. No one has died. I have not read anything about witchcraft or hexagrams. I drew the symbol on my notes and Googled it. That's how I knew what it was. I didn't know that in the dream.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Well, unfortunately This is a very grey dream. You mention plenty of things people talk about on ATS every day, so unfortunately you being a member, I have to say it seems like it's ATS influenced, and if it was premonition or predictive it's more likely predictive of the topics you will read.

New ATS members see a conspiracy in everything. Many of us may never grow out of this, how ever there are those of us who do learn to see past the flack of anything on the internet and actually put these conspiracies to the test. We grow wiser, we learn, and others still can't face the shame involved with stupid conspiracies so we aren't fooled as easily. It's very easy to get lost in all the conspiracy hub bub, and at times we may need to take a break and get outside. Spend some time with our families, Play some video games, give your mind some time to breath. The same way Television enthralls the masses, turning them into pretty little consumers, ATS can drive a man(or woman) crazy.

I'll give you an ironic conspiracy. There are quite literally thousands of individuals who thrive off of writing and spreading conspiracies that are so out there, they warp the very minds of those that read them. I believe many of these types write material many of us would find in the Grey area. UFO's, Inter-dimensional anomalies, Dooms Day scenarios and prophecies. Disease, global warming, global cooling, war, Advanced technologies, whistleblowing, and government coverups. The unfortunate part is they do this to both give conspiracy hobbies a bad name, and to influence the softer minds quite literally driving them mad. Many here on ATS describe these individuals as both shills and nuts and it's really quite sad.

It's very easy to lose ones mind when we are out to take apart and analyze what we think we know. 'At these times I find it's very important to go outside smell the air, walk bare foot in the grass. Gaze into a stream or the sky. Watch a bird, pet or family playing in the park. The summer turns to fall, then winter and in spring it all blooms again. How ever the best thing you could do is look up at the stars and remember we are an infinitely small part of something much larger, and no matter what happens it will remain and infinitely small, insignificant, inevitable part of something much bigger. If something like this dream were to happen, what are you going to do? Really? If it happens, it will happen and the universe will move on. You are part of something much bigger, you are here and you will do what you do regardless. Just don't lose touch with what or who you are, Just be.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

People quite frequently mistake me as always joking... I seldom am. I'll have to see about changing that perception of myself. I'm actually quite knowledgeable about a lot of things...

Sexually related dreams are actually very common. During R.E.M sleep (the deep sleep, where we have the most intense dreams) our brains signal sexual reactions. Shortly after this phase our bodies come out of R.E.M sleep and we begin to wake up. I wasn't joking about sexually charged dreams when I recounted them. I don't carry any shame over having them, because I understand the basics behind the science of sleep.

As for the questions... they don't need to be things you immediately encountered before sleep. I have dreamt about people that I have not seen in over two years. I've even had dreams about things I couldn't have possibly encountered. So, the funeral procession, the Pope, the apartment, medicine cabinets, hexagram, ticking clock in the ceiling cabinet; all of it is from your subconscious mind, not your waking, conscious, thoughts.

~ Scribe

top topics

join