It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Anarchists Take To Streets In Milwaukee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
video from Breitbart

It looks like anarchists are demonstrating in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Apparently they are upset about yesterday's vote ?

Unhappy with the results of last night's peaceful, orderly exercise of democracy, the anarchists associated with the occupy movement took to the streets of Milwaukee tonight for an impromptu march. Exclusive video from Breitbart News' Jeremy Segal shows the march in its inception. As of 7:05 ET, there was one arrest reported. Developing...

The video is only at Breitbart so far.

Any locals in Milwaukee know about this ?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What makes them anarchists?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Granted, I'm not anywhere close by, but I think they're cheering for Citizens United and the private ownership of easily accessible voting machines. Perhaps the latter is managed by Linked In...

Or Sony.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

They didn't like the vote turnout.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

not seeing anything on my local news
no worries..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by satron

not seeing anything on my local news
no worries..

Might have just been a group of hoodies.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Is anarchist a dirty word, like sorta how satanist is?

Why is it always anarchists doing it and not disgruntled citizens?

I guess because everyone just KNOWS that those dirty, nasty, violent ol' anarchists just want mayhem and distruction...and probably drugs too..maybe even sell cannibal bath salts to toddlers too.

Bleh

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Dang I was just there on Monday! Missed all the fun I guess...

Well when people don't get what they want, when a group of people support a loosing candidate, they get upset. Here they blame there not being voting accessibility. A lame argument of you ask me, because both parties would find the same amount of difficulty regarding voting accessibility but, whatever

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Anarchist wear black and their flag is black and red. They were walking behind the occupiers. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition

The flags maybe.

What do anarchist flags look like ?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

On Wednesday evening, a group of “Occupy” protesters “took it to the streets” in the wake of the overwhelming victory by Governor Scott Walker in the recall election on Tuesday. The group of around 50 protesters gathered in Pere Marquette park in downtown Milwaukee

Found this i hardly call this a protest you can have more then 50 people watching a movie at a theater.Id say this is more like college kids with nothing to do decided to go for a walk.Thats funny though spin tries to make it out like this is a major movement.
Funny part is theyll be more cops there then protesters ok ill stop now.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Isn't a demonstrating anarchist an oxymoron?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Anarchist wear black and their flag is black and red. They were walking behind the occupiers. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I see a red door, and I want it painted black...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Is anarchist a dirty word, like sorta how satanist is?

Why is it always anarchists doing it and not disgruntled citizens?

Pretty soon they are going to be terrorists or militant sympathizers. Then they will be mince meat when the drones fly over.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Weird how the US media reports on other countries such as Greece they call the people"protestors" but when it's in the US it's "anarchists take to streets".

edit on 6-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
For those who don't know, an anarchist is someone who doesn't want any form of government at all.

Which poses quite the contradiction. Because in order to not have any government, you can't let people form a government.

Which means in one fashion they have elected themselves the government. And a rather tyraanical one at that.

So in the end they end up defeating themselves.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
For those who don't know, an anarchist is someone who doesn't want any form of government at all.

Which poses quite the contradiction. Because in order to not have any government, you can't let people form a government.

Which means in one fashion they have elected themselves the government. And a rather tyraanical one at that.

So in the end they end up defeating themselves.

Not really. Not allowing a government to form isn't governing. Its preventing governing. It isn't telling people what they can or can't do. Its preventing anyone from doing that. Do you really want someone telling you how to live your life? Is there a part where you'll sign away your freedom for security?
edit on 6-6-2012 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Agreed. I didn't see any violence in this video.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Weird how the US media reports on other countries such as Greece they call the people"protestors" but when it's in the US it's "anarchists take to streets".

edit on 6-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

The story was picked up off breitbart tv so needless to say they said anarchists. others things i read said OW protesters just depends on where you get your news.Either way its 50 college kids i hardly call that a protest.Correction 49 they arrested one of them.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Anarchist? .. Soo.. these people who claim to want no government are in fact angry that the party that wants more government lost the election?
Seems an oxymoron to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join