It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legionnaires outbreak in Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
An outbreak of Legionnaires the disease which is contracted in small droplets of contaminated water has appeared in Scotland. So far about 20 sudden cases have been reported in the Edinburgh area.

Twelve people have been taken to intensive care.

m.local.stv.tv...

All my best wishes to the families involved, here's hoping for recoveries and a swift containment.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

Just a quick update, sky news are reporting one dead.
Simply terrible. How sad.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
keep , some iodine handy ! in case this get way out of control , however not likely , but best of luck to the people who have been stricken with this .....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
they think it came from the water cooling towers but wont know for sure until the test results come back.....they sanitized them in the meantime just to be on the safe side

another 19 cases are suspected to be legionaires as well
edit on 6-6-2012 by research100 because: add a sentence

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The latest coming in on this is that the toll of infected people could be up to 40!

FORTY people are now being treated after a Legionnaires’ disease outbreak – and the toll could double within days. One patient has died and 12 remain in intensive care in the Edinburgh outbreak blamed on a contaminated cloud from an industrial cooling tower.

[A] contaminated cloud from an industrial cooling tower.[!!!!!]

link to the article

What is Legionnaires’ disease? Legionnaires’ disease is an acute form of pneumonia. It is caused by breathing in water droplets containing the legionella pneumophila bacteria. In small numbers, the bacteria, which is common in lakes and rivers, is harmless. But in ­man-made air ­conditioning systems, cooling towers or swimming pools, it can multiply, sometimes with deadly results.

This is quite a story developing up in Scotland. I hope those guys up in Edinburgh are ok.

As for myself well I'm obviously left wondering why and how did this 'venting' of legionnaires happen from said cooling tower?? What does this cooling tower look like? Id like to know.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

Cooling towers blamed.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Lagrimas because: extra link

edit on 6-6-2012 by Lagrimas because: sorting.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
We are being told the contamination originated from a Polluted cloud of Steam from a cooling plant... but is that really the case???

No one can either confirm or deny that its actually come from a local cooling plant as of yet.
Has this plant not been running for years? It must have been!

So the question is...
Does the cooling Plant not have regular stringent inspections to evaluate its health and safety positions? To facilitate in acquiring regulations and policies to determine possible hazards?
(We have to do a lot of that in the hotel kitchen I work in so I would have thought...

Do they not regularly seek to decontaminate the facility on an ongoing basis? To keep it either at a safe level of Legionnaires cultures (determined by a Government Department of Heath Benchmark) or even better making it so there are none at all??

I'm confused

Compensation and law suits for the harmed? Negligence? Or worse?

What are your thoughts on this interesting, sad and odd outbreak ATS!!??

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Dig around on the plant owners, it turned up some interesting facts.

Just to throw a wild accusation around im guessing it was from a chemtrail the virus was picked up and i expect to see alot more of this happening while thepower elite iron out the wrinkles for the upcoming biggy !!!!

I know that tuberculosis has been found in chemtrail vapour before so conceivably there may be some truth in what i say.

Flame away motley crew

edit on 19-6-2012 by Zecharia because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by Zecharia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Forgive me, but isnt this a disease thats been largely irradicated over the years? I mean you don't really hear anything about it...until now that is.

Maybe a rare case here and there.......but such an outbreak? Curious......

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
That is very sad. We also had guest in a Dallas hotel (where I live) who contracted Legionnaires Disease a few weeks ago. Fortunately, he was released and is doing fine. He was also the only one, apparently.

I am keeping an eye on this, though!

top topics

join