It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shockingly Stupid Mom buckles Gas Can Instead of Baby (pic)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
I'm sorry, but this is my view.

Picture = Staged.
Story = completely made up.
All on lookers = gullible

So... fake.

Did you read the story? It is real. I agree though, it is so absurd one would hope it is fake.

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Are you sure this is an issue of stupidity and not an issue of drugs? Look where the gas can is sitting, in the childs car seat. The woman had to be hallucinating.

I think it is fair to say you can be high and stupid at the same time.

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Really? No issues with it? How is the "the law" selectively used? Where I live you get a ticket if you are not wearing a seat belt. She also is one of those folks who don't have insurance....says a lot to me about how much she cares about you when she is driving - if she doesn't care about taking bread off your table and would rather buckle in a gas can then her kid, she is just plain dumb.
CJ

No, I have NO issue with her buckling the gas can.

As for selective law, read your own post. No insurance? Isn't that "the law". You live in Colorado, so you should be aware of how auto insurance law are applied to people. It only applies to Citizens and Legal Immigrants. Illegal aliens aren't required to have it. Now, let's look at another application of the law. A guy heads down to Colfax and gets a $20 whore, but the whore is actually an undercover cop. BAM, he's arrested, fined, and get's his photo on "John TV". Meanwhile, the Mayor is bedding down with $250/hr. "call girls" at Denver Players and Denver Sugar, and nothing is done. What about Sheriff Pat Sullivan? Meth for sex with underage boys and he gets SEVENTEEN DAYS in jail? Yeah, I'd say "the law" is highly selective. I won't even get into people applauding the Occupy people for breaking out windows of small businesses and saying it's their "right to protest".

You're right though, she doesn't give a darn about me, you, or anyone else driving up I-25. But, I'm not wanting to get into her insurance, or lack thereof. I'm simply stating that I don't have a problem with the gas can being strapped in, and the kid sitting quietly in the back.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
I'm sorry, but this is my view.

Picture = Staged.
Story = completely made up.
All on lookers = gullible

So... fake.

If you think something like this is staged....then perhaps you should STOP avoiding all human contact...

And go out and take a look around you at some of the things actually going on in the world today. You can't make some of this stuff up.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

indeed why not place the stupid can

on the floor of the front passenger seat?

simples

perhaps she was huffing that gas?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

So let me get this straight. Due to it being a law you are ok with endangering your child. You'd rather not give your child the best possible chance to survive a car accident? I guess I don't get it. Why would you NOT buckle up your kid? It doesn't make sense. Just becuase it is a law doesn't mean it is worng to do.

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Are you sure this is an issue of stupidity and not an issue of drugs? Look where the gas can is sitting, in the childs car seat. The woman had to be hallucinating.

I will say this again. If the mother was intoxicated, on drugs, had hypoglycemia, was post-ictal from a seizure, or whatever, then it's the cop who should have been photographed wearing the dunce hat for letting her go with just citations, and not arrested for some type of DUI or not sent to the hospital for having an altered level of consciousness.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Well, since we're talking about "what if", then here's one. WHAT IF, she buckles the kid in and sits the gas next to him. and one of the following happens....

1) Minor fender bender, gas spills on kid strapped in car seat, spark from impact causes gasoline to ignite and kid burns.

2) Kid in car seat reaches over, grabs pretty red gas "bottle" and has a gulp. Kid dies.

Perhaps she was protecting her child after all....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Actually, I agree with you here on this. In reality, she shouldn't have had either of her kids in the car while going to get gasoline.
Especially not if she only had this car with no safe place to store the gas AWAY from her or her children.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Then she is criminally negligent. To put a dangerous substance that can easily be accessed by a toddler next to them and assume they wont touch/drink it is stupid. Again, she is stupid. Why so many hypotheticals when it is obvious she is in the wrong?

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Well, it was as a result of the click it or ticket "campaign". Mighty convenient. Cops would never think of doctoring anything... What was the mothers name again? Oh that's right - it wasn't released.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I can't comment on her intelligence. She could have a 160 IQ or a 75 IQ for all I know.

As for the "hypothetical" reply, it was in reply to "Due to it being a law you are ok with endangering your child." Weren't you being hypothetical that there was going to be something "endangering" the kid? Like a crash? Isn't that the whole point of a car seat...a "hypothetical" crash that may or may not ever happen?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

If you think something like this is staged....then perhaps you should STOP avoiding all human contact...

And go out and take a look around you at some of the things actually going on in the world today. You can't make some of this stuff up.

Edit: I said something uncalled for, so I have removed it. Have a nice day

edit on 6/6/2012 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Finally, someone gets the point. I went and filled up my gas can a couple weeks ago. The can was in the back of my Explorer, strapped in. In the process of driving home, I hit a famous Colorado pot hole and the gas inside the can sloshed around and spilled all over the back. The car STILL stinks to high heaven, and I've had the windows down on it ever since. I could only imagine the fire ball that would have been if I was as smoker!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

I can't comment on her intelligence. She could have a 160 IQ or a 75 IQ for all I know.

As for the "hypothetical" reply, it was in reply to "Due to it being a law you are ok with endangering your child." Weren't you being hypothetical that there was going to be something "endangering" the kid? Like a crash? Isn't that the whole point of a car seat...a "hypothetical" crash that may or may not ever happen?

Car crashes happen every day. They are a fact of life.

In 2005, more than 15,000 people died in traffic crashes during evening hours and a whopping two-thirds were not wearing seatbelts. Evening seatbelt use decreases about 10 percent from daytime use

Your point is that it is not a good law because laws are selectively enforced. And yes, dangling your child over the lion cage increases the chances they will fall in. Why would you take the chance when there was an easy remedy not to?

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Kids are free, Gas cost money.

Its funny, i hope its fake, if its real i feel bad for the kid.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Car crashes happen every day. They are a fact of life.

In 2005, more than 15,000 people died in traffic crashes during evening hours and a whopping two-thirds were not wearing seatbelts. Evening seatbelt use decreases about 10 percent from daytime use

Then why even allow kids anywhere near cars? You're making it seem as if she was guaranteed to be plowed into at the first intersection.

Your point is that it is not a good law because laws are selectively enforced. And yes, dangling your child over the lion cage increases the chances they will fall in. Why would you take the chance when there was an easy remedy not to?

No, you've got that 100% wrong. I'm not saying it's NOT a good law. I happen to support the car seat law, seat belt law etc. When I was 12, there was a girl that lived just north of us. She was a very pretty young woman, and had everything going for her. She was a 4.0 student, great actress, etc. Well, she had to pick up a dress in Ft. Collins. On her way home (back to Loveland), she went to pass some cars who were going slow. As she passed, the lead car started its left turn and clipped her, causing her car to roll. She was ejected and beheaded on the way out of the hatchback. We looked at the car, and it wasn't damaged very badly. If she had worn her seat belt, she would have most likely just been dizzy. However, she was dead. Ever since, I've worn a seat belt. My son is 18, and wears his, and yes, I even made sure he was in a car seat when he was little.

My point is that she had a decision. Buckle the kid and possibly spill gasoline all over the car (how would that effect the little guy's lungs?), or buckle the gas, and have the kid buckle in a seat belt, and drive a couple blocks home.

Was is "wrong"? Sure. Was is "stupid"? Maybe. Does this make her evil, or somehow unworthy to be a mother? Absolutely not. She made a call. We all make calls. Some are good, some are bad. But, we make the calls to the best of our ability, with the circumstances we're given. Would I have made the decision? Probably not. I would have called my dad and had him get the gas can filled for me, if I didn't have someone to watch the kid. But, neither you or I have stepped into her shoes to see what her life and resources are like.

I'm by no means "excusing" it. Sure, give her a ticket for not having the kid in a car seat. But, if you're okay with this going further, then how far, and does that apply to ALL people who don't put their kids in car seats? Does it apply to other people who break laws? Should we lock up the homeless people for illegally camping? I'm just wondering if you're consistent, or if it's just "this law" that you want enforced.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I don't know if I'd go quite THAT far with it (lynching and all...), but yeah.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That gas can should be in the trunk of the car. It looks like it's about to spill gas all over that child, regardless of how "secure" it is.

While gas cans are nearly spill proof, anything can happen and if an accident of some sort happens, there goes the kid.

So yes, I'd be concerned about the position of that can.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you are asking when you you ask "are you ok with this going further?"
As someone who has experienced a write off on a car totalled by a non-insurance driver I can tell you that these people take bread from your table. They should not be on the road period. I can only correlate that due to the fact she had (two) children without belts on (one in the front seat) and she herself was not wearing one, coupled with the fact she had no insurance, she is a liability to everyone, including herself. I believe she should be ticketed and not allowed to drive until she can function like a person who is responsible. Simple really. Get insurance and buckle up your children. Not complicated.

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join