It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shockingly Stupid Mom buckles Gas Can Instead of Baby (pic)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Some people are so stupid. A passer by took the pic and called the cops. How can you be this dumb?

Gas Can is Secure

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Some people are so stupid. A passer by took the pic and called the cops. How can you be this dumb?

Fatigue, low blood sugar, extreme stress or exhaustion...many ways that don't directly relate to intelligence or intent.

And, it appears the kid IS strapped in as well, just not in his seat and looks like he wriggled around the shoulder harness. Granted, none of that justifies it and the parent will DEFINITELY want to take steps to make sure is being more careful in the future - but I've done some pretty blasted harebrained things in my time, as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The gas is worth more. Went up another $.26 this morning

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This does look pretty bad.

However, with kids these days, who's to say the kid didn't switch places and put the can in the child seat?

I'm not taking the guardian's side here, but kids do the darnedest things these days.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeterWiggin

Fatigue, low blood sugar, extreme stress or exhaustion...many ways that don't directly relate to intelligence or intent.

And, it appears the kid IS strapped in as well, just not in his seat and looks like he wriggled around the shoulder harness. Granted, none of that justifies it and the parent will DEFINITELY want to take steps to make sure is being more careful in the future - but I've done some pretty blasted harebrained things in my time, as well.

If you have ever seen the aftermath of an improperly buckled child, you might have a different opinion here. At least the kid didn't have the shoulder belt in place, which if involved in an accident would probably have strangle it.

Not to mention, children, or just people in general, who are unrestrained rear seat passengers, have a habit in frontal MVA's of flying across the seat and making head on head contact with those in the front seat, rendering all involved often incapable of wiping their own butts for the rest of their lives...if they even could before this happened. And that's assuming they aren't killed right there.

As for having a gasoline can inside the passenger compartment of a vehicle...well.... personally, I say...take the kids out of the car...and then hand the driver a cigarette.

Then again...believe it or not...I've seen that too....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

How can you be this dumb?

That looks like an economic decision to me. Look at the size of the child and the price of gas during the past 4 years. The mother has easily invested more money in gasoline than her own child at this point.

It also looks like there isn't separate trunk space in the car either and there WAS probably gas in the can. I imagine that her head was thinking that she didn't want the gas can to accidentally tip over and soak the little guy.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PeterWiggin

Nah, all three in the car were cited for not wearing seatbelts and the mom was also ticketed for no insurance. This is the type of person who will crash into you and you will not get anything when your car is totaled. You lose because she is on the road.

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

You have a point. Just think about that gas container rolling around and spilling gas everywhere. I know when I transport a gas can ful of gas that it is always an ordeal if using a car.

He/she probably thought of taking the miniscule risk with the baby and avoid a gas spilling nightmare.

Priorities obviously out of whack, but this seems intentional to avoid the spill.

My 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE? Stop taking the mothers side here. Stop playing devils advocate. The child did not switch places with the gas can. And even if it had tried, surely the mother would....or SHOULD have noticed all of the movement. If the can was full, then it would be too heavy to lift by the child anyways.

It's people like the driver here, that should allow us to bring back lynch mobs.

You wanna drive unsafely? That's one thing....even though if you end up with a total debilitating head injury...which in the long run.....WE ALL would have to help pay for, but to add not one, but TWO children into the vehicle, and the mother should have had more than a simple citation issued.

I'm not backing down from this one one single bit. I can assure you, had I been there, for any reason...including simply just passing by and witnessing this insane non-sense, I would have let my mouth run away on this, and belittled the incompetent jackass for quite some time.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
As stress goes up, more things like this will surface.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

No disagreement on the seriousness of the matter, just clarifying that it's not necessarily a matter of stupidity on the guardian's part. At least not unexplainable stupidity entirely uncaused by other semi-mitigating issues, anyway.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PeterWiggin

OK...I'll give you that.

BUT... if the mother/driver did indeed have some other issue going on where should could mistakenly confuse her child with a full gas can, then it's the cop who let her off with a citation, and not an ambulance ride to the hospital for having an altered mental status who should be lynched.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Considering most of us were NEVER in car seats, yet here we are, I don't have a problem with what this woman did. Spilling the gasoline and turning the car into a potential fire bomb would have been much worse. Yeah, it's "the law", but I find it funny how "the law" is selectively used by people.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Considering most of us were NEVER in car seats, yet here we are, I don't have a problem with what this woman did. Spilling the gasoline and turning the car into a potential fire bomb would have been much worse. Yeah, it's "the law", but I find it funny how "the law" is selectively used by people.

Kids in the 1950's and early 1960's were often pulled from their mother's uterus with large forceps by the obstetrician too. They came out with often grossly misshapen heads....but they are still here too.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Really? No issues with it? How is the "the law" selectively used? Where I live you get a ticket if you are not wearing a seat belt. She also is one of those folks who don't have insurance....says a lot to me about how much she cares about you when she is driving - if she doesn't care about taking bread off your table and would rather buckle in a gas can then her kid, she is just plain dumb.

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Yes, ALL of them had misshaped heads and ALL kids not in car seats will die instantly when the key is turned. Since you like to spin stuff around, I thought you'd enjoy that.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Are you sure this is an issue of stupidity and not an issue of drugs? Look where the gas can is sitting, in the childs car seat. The woman had to be hallucinating.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but this is my view.

Picture = Staged.
Story = completely made up.
All on lookers = gullible

So... fake.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenVoyager
reply to post by faryjay

You have a point. Just think about that gas container rolling around and spilling gas everywhere. I know when I transport a gas can ful of gas that it is always an ordeal if using a car.

He/she probably thought of taking the miniscule risk with the baby and avoid a gas spilling nightmare.

Priorities obviously out of whack, but this seems intentional to avoid the spill.

My 2 cents.

So, you take a "miniscule risk" of killing your child...as a parent I know I would never do that. Then again, I care for the life of my child more than mowing my lawn.

CJ

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join