It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shockingly Stupid Mom buckles Gas Can Instead of Baby (pic)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I'm not sure what you are asking when you you ask "are you ok with this going further?"
As someone who has experienced a write off on a car totalled by a non-insurance driver I can tell you that these people take bread from your table. They should not be on the road period. I can only correlate that due to the fact she had (two) children without belts on (one in the front seat) and she herself was not wearing one, coupled with the fact she had no insurance, she is a liability to everyone, including herself. I believe she should be ticketed and not allowed to drive until she can function like a person who is responsible. Simple really. Get insurance and buckle up your children. Not complicated.

CJ

I wouldn't disagree with anything you said here.

From the sounds of it, regardless of the gas can, she may not have even buckled the kid. So, at least (sic) she buckled in the can, eh?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Since when is being hypoglycemic and epileptic against the law? I have hypoglycemia myself, so what does having a disorder have to do with the price of chinese rice?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Someone said that maybe the mother was having some kind of medical issue, or was possibly intoxicated on something. And honestly...I could see that possibly happening. But...if it were there case here, then I said if she had been intoxicated, she should have been arrested. If on the other hand she had had some medical issue which may have caused some confusion over which were her child and which was the can...which again..is plausible...then she should have been sent to the hospital for evaluation.

The way to story reads, she was issued several citations and sent on the way. If that indeed were the case, then the cop needs to be retrained...at the least for failing to recognize a different serious issue here. I never said someone with a medical problem should go to jail. I did state that police are trained to recognize altered levels of consciousness....perhaps not the underlying cause of it....but they are trained to recognize it. If they detect it, and can't pinpoint the cause directly to something such as multiple open cans of beer in the car, then this person should have been sent for a medical evaluation.

Thus...the possible medical issue potentially causing a mix up as has been suggested by a couple of members here, should be thrown out the window.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
While I'm not siding with the mother, the kid is strapped in. Remember when children road on parents laps, as infants? Now they want to strap your 90lb 12 year old in a car seat. So some nosey person was mortified, big deal, the 19 year old mother was humiliated. What about children who die because their parents leave them in overheated cars? What about parents who get busted all the time because kids aren't strapped in car seats, or seat belts? Where were these busy bodies 10 years ago when my mom would chase me around the neighborhood with a knife, for not drying dishes?
edit on 6-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

No, the kid is not strapped in. None of them were. They received three tickets for not buckling.
Is your post in jest? Remember how people used to smoke on airplanes and in the office?
Whether you agree with the law or not, it is actually very simple. Also, no one says you need a car seat for a 90 pound child. Sounds like you had a bizarre childhood.

Additionally, the driver had no insurance for her car - want to bet she doesn't have medical insurance? Who foots the bill when her kids are thrown out the windshield? You.

CJ
edit on 6-6-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I said I wasn't siding with the mother, I was just stating worse things are done daily. The law has become our nanny, always making sure we are secure, safe and still people don't abide by it. What bothers me is when people forget, when growing up some of these current taboo's were the norm, and guess what? People lived if you can believe that. Yes, my childhood was abusive, and not normal or happy, so you're right. My state MD was pushing a law to put 12 year olds in booster seats, seriously. If that was passed I can almost predict some busy body would be gasping for breath because a 12 year old was not in a booster seat.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

I agree with the sentiment. However,I do not agree with "it wasn't that way before and people lived". A lot more people died because they were not wearing a seat belt. Now, more people actually get in accidents because they feel indestructible in their cars - but a lot less die because of it. Also, a child has no say. If as a parent you can't be bothered to restrain your kid, they and society pays for it. I hate the laws that say I can't light off a cone in my driveway on the 4th of July - I can't argue with the number of kids who have had fingers and faces blown off going down since they enacted the law - I still think it is nanny state but less kids are having to pick their noses with sticks.

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I agree with you as well, we do pay for it, and lives are saved because of seat belts, and more cars are on the road today then ever before.I get upset (especially in my state) because they have restricted the hell out of us, nothing is without a permit, tax, license, or law. This thread makes me realize how things changed, I'm only 27 but I got to drive a car on my Grandpa's lap, I never wore a seatbelt on long trips, we lit off fireworks no one cared (sparklers are now banned in my city). Today it is some draconian nanny state, and they make examples of this girl (who is imature) while, more dangerous things are ignored. She seems a bit like a patsy for stricter laws on seatbelts, or who knows, maybe they will come out with some revenue generating scheme involving gas cans...lol sorry I had to vent, but really its sad, she did a dumb thing, hopefully having your face plastered everywhere wil change that.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have to say I would probably do something as stupid as this.

It happens.

Not everyone is perfect.

I'm getting a kick just reading the comments.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join