It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing Effects of Swimming with Dolphins

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stardust17

I have done it before. It was amazing. It was an event with friends and since I don't see these friends anymore I wonder sometimes how they felt about it. Just like any other amazing event, it can create a wonderful bond in people as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

For quite a few years now, there have been stories of people with diseases and illnesses that went swimming with dolphins and were "cured." Is this proof or false hope? It wasn't until recently that actual studies were done on the effects of swimming with dolphins.

Happy, that is a feeling...and it is great that we can have such wonderful feelings around animals. But what about the stories of people actually healing from disease and illness?

Could it be that their mood change of happiness caused them to be able to heal?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Mind over matter. Is that what you are talking about? I believe that can happen.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Don't want to knock your experience. I'm sure it was a lot of fun. As for the therapeutic healing theory, do you think if the dolphin sounds were recorded and played in a pool without dolphins in it, would there still be healing affects if someone got into the pool?

Ooh now i never thought of it this way. Gee thats a good question and someone ought too do an experiment on that!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Could that be a form of communication dolphins use that we aren't aware of that have healing capabilities for us?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

As for the dolphin sounds. To us it might be like music. Many people love music and use it as a form of communication, escape, hobby, joy, crutch. Call it what you want but it is usually a positive experience and can have similiar effects.

I don't remember hearing the sounds except when I stood on the platform waiting for the dolphin kiss.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here is an article that speaks of the water its self having a healing effect in therapy session.

The environment where these interactions take place may also hold a key to the impact of DAT. Some proponents of the healing theory of DAT believe the water may be as important as the dolphins. It would be a rare person who has not experienced the freedom from gravity, the upward or buoyant force, from being completely or even partially submerged in water

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yes, i strongly agree with mind over matter. Very much so. I've actually been doing alot of reading on this... another whole topic in itself.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by leolady
reply to post by jiggerj

Don't want to knock your experience. I'm sure it was a lot of fun. As for the therapeutic healing theory, do you think if the dolphin sounds were recorded and played in a pool without dolphins in it, would there still be healing affects if someone got into the pool?

Ooh now i never thought of it this way. Gee thats a good question and someone ought too do an experiment on that!

If it doesn't work, then the healing attributes are simply within us (and that ain't a bad thang, lol). If it does work, get ready for a major sale of dolphin sound CD's for your bathtub. Personally, I can't wait!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I agree with this as well. Environment is very important.

I think environment can actually be a crucial part if using it for healing. Wrong environment can actually have the reverse or adverse impact.
edit on 8-9-2012 by stardust17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

As for the dolphin sounds. To us it might be like music. Many people love music and use it as a form of communication, escape, hobby, joy, crutch. Call it what you want but it is usually a positive experience and can have similiar effects. I don't remember hearing the sounds except when I stood on the platform waiting for the dolphin kiss.

The dolphin sounds... yes their music that sends waves toward us to heal, perhaps. lol

There are many views and scientific opinions about dolphins therapeutic effects on people. High frequency sounds called sonar or echolocation is emitted from the dolphin's forehead or melon. The sound bounces off objects and returns back to the dolphin like echoes. The echoes tell them information about the object. They scan the object similarly to an ultrasound used in the medical field. Scientists believe this ultrasound ejection may be a reason dolphins are healing.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

New idea for me. I'm now gona have to search for some dolphin sound cd's!!! Oooh yea!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

If it doesn't work, then the healing attributes are simply within us (and that ain't a bad thang, lol). If it does work, get ready for a major sale of dolphin sound CD's for your bathtub. Personally, I can't wait!

That and some rubber duckies and we are all set for life! Yippee!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

There are some scientists that think dolphins can sense human-energy field imbalances. It's said if the human energy field is balanced that the physical body will heal. Dolphins have a powerful energy which may affect the electromagnetic field and promote healing. They are said to strengthen humans disrupted energy fields which may cure injuries.

Well I am certainly going to find and buy some cd's. Like jigger said... wonder if the dolphins have to be present. Could recorded sound balance disrupted energy in a human?

*Rubber duckie's and dolphin cd's here i come! That alone will make me happy, b/c everytime I think of that I'm gona laugh*

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

There are some scientists that think dolphins can sense human-energy field imbalances. It's said if the human energy field is balanced that the physical body will heal. Dolphins have a powerful energy which may affect the electromagnetic field and promote healing. They are said to strengthen humans disrupted energy fields which may cure injuries.

Well I am certainly going to find and buy some cd's. Like jigger said... wonder if the dolphins have to be present. Could recorded sound balance disrupted energy in a human?

*Rubber duckie's and dolphin cd's here i come! That alone will make me happy, b/c everytime I think of that I'm gona laugh*

So then, maybe the therapy is actually within ourselves and always has been if we just open up to the possibility. )P

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I agree that it is and always has been within! But there can be other ways to help it along.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I agree that it is and always has been within! But there can be other ways to help it along.

Yes. I agree. We often need help.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

New idea for me. I'm now gona have to search for some dolphin sound cd's!!! Oooh yea!

This is part of the key..the search alone.
It's like vines growing and reaching out in every direction. It's fun learning through research.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I just had to post this picture. Awesome.

Dolphin Kisses Dog !

there is a video of this too.. but I gota learn how to post the video to insert that. lol
edit on 8-9-2012 by leolady because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join