It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing Effects of Swimming with Dolphins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Over the many years there have been many studies and research done on the study of Dolphins and their healing capabilities. I'm sure most of you have heard of swimming with the Dolphins and how it can be healing/theraputic and/or create a relaxed feeling with those they come in contact with.

I've had the chance to swim with dolphins but it was at a recreational facility not a theraputic facility. Essentially we paid to have our private group of 4 humans swim with two dolphins. We swam in the ocean with these dolphins in a very large area that was sectioned off with a large net.

Since we paid for the private session we did some amazing things and really had some individual one on one time with these dolphins. A trainer was assigned to us and we got to do actuall stunts and play time withe these dolphons. It was amazing.

I remember being extremely afraid to swim in ocean water, ecspecially by myself (still am, if I cant see what is in the water beneath me... I get really scared). When it was my turn to swim out to the middle of the huge netted off area I was reluctant to go but I did and once out there i was still scared but the joy and feelings of swimming with these two dolphins was just so powerful that I gave in to my fear.

So anways I was just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on the healing claims of dolphins. Has anyone else had any wonderful opportunities (recreational or theraputic) to swim with dolphins and did you (or a family member) benefit with any type of healing of calmness during or afteward?

I am referencing a website which discusses studies done on the healing energies of dolphins.

www.dolphinspiritofhawaii.com...

Beyond being life's blueprint, DNA plays a powerful role in newly discovered communications between dolphins and humans, according to a team of Cetacean (dolphin and whale) researchers at the Sirius Institute on the Big Island of Hawai'i. An ongoing study there shows these marine mammals receive and transmit sound signals capable of affecting the genetic double helix, and using natural biotechnology, dolphins may heal humans swimming near them "sonogenetically."

The dolphin's acoustic and electromagnetic effects on the human body through DNA may best explain how remarkable healings, often reported by swimmers following dolphin contacts, have occurred.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

That sounds like it was an awesome experience. I think we've only scratched the surface on how intelligent dolphins really are.

I always heard that it was very therapeutic for children with autism.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Animals are therapeutic in general.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

They named their institution after the star Sirius...hmm

Anyway, you are one lucky person to have swam with dolphins. It's been my life long dream to spend time with a dolphin and hopefully I get the chance.

Sonogenetically...I will definitely be researching more about this. DNA fascinates me.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

I never would have done the dolphin thing on my own. It just so happened that a friend's husband set it up for her to do it as a surprise...so the other three of us went along with it and did it. Glad I did.

At the recreational facility we did this at it wasn't too expensive, a couple hundred. I mean yea thats a lot of money... but if it is something you really want to do then you should look into it. We were doing a cruise and this was an excursion.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Here is some more information that I was reading that I found to be interesting.
www.dolfun.com...

Birth With Dolphins

Igor Charkovsky, a Russian male mid-wife has assisted in over 20,000 underwater births, but in 1979 he began experiments with dolphins and children. His daughter, one of the first modern water-birthers, was in her late twenties when the following incident happened. Charkovsky and his team had taken a woman to the Black Sea in Israel for an underwater birth. In two feet of water, preparing for the birth, suddenly three dolphins approached, pushed everyone out of the way and took over. They scanned the length of her body (with sonar?), which somehow relaxed the mother and child and gave birth with no pain or fear. Apparently all the human midwives were pretty shocked though. This opened up the new practice of ‘Dolphin mid-wivery’ which may sound strange, but fits in with the new breed of super-children that are currently coming in to existence

For some reason, dolphins are attracted to pregnant women and young children and as most people are aware, the dolphins can also help heal people with mental and psychological problems. But the children, who are being born with the aid of dolphins, at least with the cases documented in Russia, are extraordinary children. Most of the have IQ’s of over 150 (genius range again), plus extremely stable emotional bodies and strong physical bodies. They are superior in one way or another.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I couldn't get the video to work?

Yes they are. I've always had pets. My current pet of choice is a Great Dane.
He is a really big boy. If you don't mind a bit of slobber here and there I recomend one of these gentle giants.

I taught him to lick his lips. So that when his mouth is dripping with slobber and drool, I just have to tell him to lick his lips to clean up the mess before he splatters it all over the place. LOL

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I want a dolphin birth!
I imagine the NHS version would be a toy blow up one in a paddling pool though.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I think the accurate title of this thread would be "The Healing Effects of Having Lots of Money".

These people paid to travel where there was "dolphin therapy" and then paid the aquarium for a private "session" so they would have all the dolphins' attention.

That ain't cheap and it ain't covered by Aetna.

Somebody give me enough money to try it out and I'll experiment with The Healing Effects of a Week at a Five Star Hotel in Paris, or The Healing Effects of a Month at Club Med with Unlimited Credit, or some such. I wouldn't be surprised if it worked better than Lourdes!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Here is a wonderful story about a therapist doing a dolphin session with an autistic child that you might enjoy, I know I did.

www.wilddolphinswimshawaii.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

At the recreational facility we did this at it wasn't too expensive, a couple hundred. I mean yea thats a lot of money... but if it is something you really want to do then you should look into it. We were doing a cruise and this was an excursion.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yeah i once interacted with dolphins in Monkey Mia Western Australia. It was organized for tourists, as i was travelling around Aus at the time. We got about waist deep with them while the lady told us about them. Some came very close and rolled on their sides and looked me in the eyes was awesome! Later swimming alone at the beach a few came close but i was a bit nervous as i could feel their wildness so i didn't push to touch or anything. A week or two later, further north, in Broome, i was swimming in the ocean at Cable Beach, cooling off and i felt something was in the water with me. I knew there was another animal in the water with me. My partner at the time was on the beach , he began waving madly and i waved back then he waved even more madly so i came back to the beach out of the water and he said that there was a shark in the water. I wasn't sure ,we went back to town and, on the news they said, a Dugong was at Cable Beach . So it was a Dugong (sea cow) that came close to me .Where i was swimming there were no other people so it must have got nosy (nosey cow lol) and came to check me out, that too was amazing, wonderfull. Within a week i had a bleed on the brain and was sent by flying doctor to perth for brain opps and i survived ( one third drop dead instantly from this) so MAYBE they knew and somehow protected me so i would be ok .Cheers

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

Wow that is an aswesome story. I am so glad they caught the brain hemorrhage in time and that you are ok.
So yea... maybe the Dugong sensed this hemorrahage and was drawn toward you in the water?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

LOL.

Yea this one was surprising to me. The article even spoke of the babies sleeping on the ocean floor and of course all I could think of was how could the baby breath. So I read up on it and someone stated that if the umbilical cord is still attached then its just like they are in the womb. Cool.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think animals in general can have a wonderful healing on humans.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I think animals in general can have a wonderful healing on humans.
reply to post by stardust17

Ooh yes i agree with you very much. I've always held animals in high regards... they can be very soothing to the soul.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stardust17

so what is your thought on swimming with dolphins? Do you think it can heal or be therapeutic?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Both. When you are around animals, what do you feel? I'm happy and smiling. I'm also caring. Positive energy. A feeling of aww sometimes.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Don't want to knock your experience. I'm sure it was a lot of fun. As for the therapeutic healing theory, do you think if the dolphin sounds were recorded and played in a pool without dolphins in it, would there still be healing affects if someone got into the pool?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join