It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Humble attempt at capturing Venus Transiting the Sun.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

i did thanks

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well done! I was all set to check it out but of course the weather in NY never cooperates

...Better luck next time i guess. Oh wait...
lol

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I got this one today from Adelaide, AUS.
Was cloudy here too but helped dull some brightness as i was just using a sony A65 with no filter on.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

That is more than a humble attempt

I actually had my Skywatcher 130 pm ready to go but as usual the weather went bad

Maybe I will catch it just right in 2117 If I turn into a vampire

edit on 6-6-2012 by sengoksa4 because: (no reason given)
yours is awsome also matrat
edit on 6-6-2012 by sengoksa4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

Great footage.

I guess this and the other half million people out there staring at the Sun in close up yesterday kinds sinks the theories that something strange is happening on/around the Sun right now...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cohort
Hope you enjoy it.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Cohort because: Added 2nd video

AMAGAWD ITS NOOBIRU!!!1

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
reply to post by Cohort

Great footage.

I guess this and the other half million people out there staring at the Sun in close up yesterday kinds sinks the theories that something strange is happening on/around the Sun right now...

Somehow I doubt it, lol.... I think soon there will be a flood of funny things people think they see when they analyze the millions of photos taken during the transit.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Nice picture. I've missed that one but I've seen Venus as a black dot in front of the Sun's disk I think 4 years ago.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Excellent videos and pics people!

I would have loved to have seen it first hand but it's been as dull as another planet x thread here in cloudy old England.
Still, if I keep on taking my monatomic gold supplements along with my powdered mayan donkey gonads I may just be here to see the next transit.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

I'm glad this event came to pass without any doomsday prophecies attached to it. I´m impressed.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Great shots everyone! Unfortunately, the sky was cloudy this morning here in France.

I will comfort myself with some upcoming other transit/occultation events:

- Mercury transit the Sun: ----------> 2016 May 9th, 14h57'UT
- Moon occult Venus: ----------------> 2012 August 13rd, 7h43'UT
- Moon occult Mars:-------------------> 2012 September 19th
- Moon occult Jupiter:----------------> 2012 June 17th
- Moon occult Saturn:----------------> 2013 December 01st

For more detailed infos about these events, see my thread "Occultations: rare and beautiful events in the Solar System - Part 1 - Sun and Moon
edit on 6-6-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)
and sadly we will not see Venus Transit the sun in our lifetime
maybe our grandkids will see it though

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Nice job. That looked alot better then what my local observatory had streaming yesterday.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
All i got was wet eyes when i looked up at a grey sky.
silly English weather

Not my video, but a nice time lapse of the transit.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here is another one.
farm8.staticflickr.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
nice videos,thanks for the upload,couldnt watch myself.S&F4U

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelmass
reply to post by Cohort

I'm glad this event came to pass without any doomsday prophecies attached to it. I´m impressed.

Oh it didn't. They tried anyways:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Nancy Lieder people tried to say that Venus went across the sun the wrong way.......using photo's with cameras in different orientations and not knowing where North is (or did they and just posted it anyways trying to hook the uninformed? Sounds like Hoaxing to me....).

We quickly showed that Venus crossed the sun right where it was suppose to thank you very much...(thank goodness for those sun spots......).

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
AWESOME!!!

I am so jealous!

Im in Florida and it was all rainy here

I even had my telescope ready with the sun filter. I have never used it before and was super excited to use it for this. I told mother nature I am not happy with her right now.

Thanks for your video!! I will be sharing this thread on FB for my friends who were upset at missing the transit as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Great work guys. We had perfect skies here in Brisbane Australia. Was a real humbling experience. Here is a picture I have put together from several photos I took throughout the day through my telescope.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Boomstix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Wow! well done thread poster! thats the first time i saw it. i was in england so clowds all year round! haha.

some sweet pictures as well credit guys!

s+f

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Excellent video! What type of setup did you use? I got rid of my telescope several years ago because of a move and this last week as I was out trying to find the proper solar film to use for my camera I found a wonderful telescope shop in my new town and I think I know what my next major purchase is going to be
So I'm looking for details on what people use to capture great images like this with.

I was only to see half of the transit due to the crazy sun dipping below our horizon...however out of the few hundred shots I took I pieced together a small animated gif of the event

edit on 6-6-2012 by Voldemorton because: Added animated gif link

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join