It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH IT LIVE : Venus Transit Of The Sun Start !! (pictures)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
why have they flipped the transit of venus upside down?

From where I am watch it from, its on the bottom of the sun not the top of the sun.

Can someone explain it?

You have to imagine standing on a ball, from the top half looking straight out at lets say an object like the moon looks normal, if your standing at the bottom half (southern hemisphere) your actually looking at it upside down, thats why the rabbit on the moon looks like its on its back from the north, but walk across the equator the moon flips upside down, weird science, iv always wanted to try this, walk and watch it flip
edit on 6-6-2012 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Originally posted by Glassbender777

The planet Venus was No closer to the Sun then any other typical day, Its just that Earth and Venus were positioned in the right place, to view Venus crossing the sun. ....
I know.

You forgot one part, though:
Earth and Venus travel around the Sun on different orbital planes. Venus passes through Earth's orbital plane twice each Venus Year, but it is rare for us to see it, because we have to be at the exact right place on Earth's orbit, at the time that Venus passes through our orbital plane.

If you reread that previous post of mine, you will probably notice the reason why I asked that rhetorical question.

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by Ben81

i cannot imagine the temperature on Venus [color=FFFA66]at the moment
Those last 3 words have made me extremely curious.

During that time of transit, do you think that Venus was closer to the Sun?
(Closer than it normally is)?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join