It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Media Issues Warning on US Military Shift

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

So now your even calling BBC Propaganda? Guess you didn't even bother to see or read the evidence instead you go making up something that helps you sleep better at night.

Since you didn't read it guess you don't want to see the truth or to even try to rebut it.

spew disinformation about the U.S.

As if CNN and the other US networks don't spew disinformation.

Have you heard about Syrian Danny or any of the other false propaganda articles.

Instead of attacking me how about you actually read the link I posted and get back to me, attack the information, not the messenger.

"proof/evidence"

OBL stated his reasons of the attacks himself and I showed you the link. Guess you hate being wrong don't you. Just admit it.
edit on 113030p://6America/ChicagoTue, 05 Jun 2012 23:01:03 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

I think most would have a good idea of what their government is doing, it is just the fact that most of them know there is nothing they can do about it without being labelled a terrorist, a criminal or any other label that the government sees fit. It is easier to turn a blind eye and let someone else deal with it if they are game enough too.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Read a fair bit of this thread. How about all you blokes keep your wars and want to be wars up there in the northern hemisphere. That way when SHTF, any fallout will keep cycling around from equator, back up to north pole and back to equator etc. Leave our untroubled, happy, solid economy, good employment, lay back country alone. We're fine down here without the baggage from the north. And on that matter, we will welcome anyone who will become AUSTRALIAN and who will, again, LEAVE their baggage from their past life behind. Trouble is, when they come here, they want to hold onto it.

heck, I'll even sell someone 150 acres of high ground away from main cities but still close to a local hospital but only if they want to be Aussies first and anything else a very very long way back second.
edit on 5/6/12 by steve1709 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

No, I wasn't talking about BBC.

You use PressTV as a credible source and stuck by it at every turn when others gave legit arguments to the contrary.

Press TV is a 24-hour English language world news network owned by the state-owned media corporation Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB). Its headquarters are located in Tehran, Iran.

Wikipedia - PressTV

What I was commenting on, was your often flip flop on any subject on ATS. When your search for truth conflicts with your statement and opinions is when I start calling you out.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

China have missiles pointed at Taiwan 24/7. China have just disclosed a secret underground nuclear facility which has made roughly 3000 nuclear warheads. China have been around longer than any other civilisation apparently and you actually believe that they believe they cannot take on the USA?

The Chinese are a clever culture, they invented most of the basics that helped built the US army 100's of years ago, gunpowder and other bit and pieces. Do you actually think that with 2 billion people they have not got the capabilities to produce advanced technology whether your government or a statistics website tell you different? The Chinese are dangerous and going to war with them would be a heavy blow for the entire world.

You only have to look at the Middle East and the resistance that is being put up from people who have nothing like the US military to see that even America itself could possibly succumb to another world power. Sometimes I think people believe China are some sort of 3rd world country or something. They are not a push over otherwise it would of been done a long time ago.

As for them also inviting US forces into the region because it will help the Chinese one way or another, do you understand how silly that sounds? Yes they are a regional power but they are a major concern to even India and whilst India do have nuclear capabilities, they are nothing compared to the red army.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

PressTv is a credible source as any news organization. Just because it is state owned does not mean it is not credible.

Secondly I mentioned BBC in my link which gave the reasons and motives for attacks which you choose to conveniently ignore.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I don't see this as any more than another act in the theatre production that we've been forced to participate in. The honchos want world dominance through consolidation of power, and they need to make it look like it is necessary rather than a carefully orchestrated plan.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

I agree but the whole idea is not to have a nuclear confrontation. It does not matter whether we are in the Southern Hemisphere or not, If we are an ally of a country who is provoking a war or any other issue, we are sitting ducks and we will be brought into the conflict whether we like it or not. I was speaking with a Retired memeber of the Aussie army not long ago. He was telling me that if China were to invade Australia, we would run out of people before they ran out of bullets. When I seen it that way I realised how insignificant our country was in the grand scheme of things and why we should not be promoting what is happening now. We will be the ones that suffer if anything happens regardless of nuclear fallout or not.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stuthealien

ah stfu and go back to work in your Chinese sweatshop.

If china is so good then why are the majority of its people scared to do anything about any grievances they have with the government?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Lots of idiots say lots of things, and then we have lots of idiots listening and believing them, and that's how wars get started.

Over all this is not a problem of the average people, but it is there problem and they will feel the brunt of it, and over all this is a problem of the factions in power and there bottom line, because at the end of the day the average person does not even know what is going on, or even care. To them they don't care were all the things they so conveniently buy or get comes from as long as they get a discount.

But its simple what is going on, China is going for the old financial strangle hold for there leading partys in power and there personal interests, and America thanks to our brilliant leaders awesome planing are going for the only option left open, the military strangle hold on for there leading powers and there own personal interests. Its all a battle of personal interests, and by personal interests I mean, Not likely to be much in the way of the average persons interest, unless it escalates into a all out war. And if it does then it will be in interest of the average person, after all they will need cannon fodder.

Over all In short, its more hot air blown around by people on the other side of the fence, just like what some of the people on this side of the fence are doing, blowing hot air. Which again, it's just the same old #, different day. Its all a play, like wrestling...Fake, this guy says that then another guy says that, its all to get the masses moving in there directions, you know like Shepherds shepherding sheep. The game is rigged the house is betting against you, all they need is the many idiots to get all riled up. And when the # goes boom...then bam....profit.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

We apologize for this interruption

Please standby......

While waiting for service to resume please enjoy this word about our sponsor.

Press TV is state-funded and is a division of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB). The annual budget of Press TV is 250 billion Rials (more than 25 million US dollars)

Press TV broadcasts news reports and analyses which are close to the official position of the Iranian government, and its programmes are monitored and regulated by the Islamic Republic.

Although there have been attempts to establish private, independent media outlets in Iran, notably by former Iranian Presidential candidate Mehdi Karroubi, the 1979 Constitution of the Islamic Republic mandates that "all broadcasting must exclusively be government-operated."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So what if it is state funded? Does not mean it is not credible. PBS is state funded; are you saying that their news programs are propaganda? The NIST 911 commission report was state funded. Is that propaganda as well?

Are you saying CNN does not have propaganda or financial or government influence?

Is your whole argument for lack of credibility because they are State funded?
edit on 113030p://6America/ChicagoTue, 05 Jun 2012 23:41:17 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

If you're going with "unbiased" reports, why not use FOX or MSNBC?

Press TV.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I don't trust ANY media, Private and esp State ran.

They all spin the News in their favor. You on the other hand will believe that Iran's state ran PressTV and RT for that matter are more credible than all the rest.

Dude seriously....

Don't you know?

They're all garbage and biased every single last one of them

edit on 5-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Well that's better and you are correct in that even though I trust no media as well, I think that Press is more credible than CNN.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

edit on 6-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Press TV alleged propaganda aims Press TV allegedly promotes the development of the Iranian nuclear program. Press TV's news bulletins often feature Iranian ministers, diplomats or government officials, or guest commentators that are able to express views consistent with the Iranian government's "message of the day." Opposition political figures such as Mir-Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi have not appeared on Press TV since the June 2009 presidential election.

Press TV has been criticized for brazenly promoting Iran's line overseas, often at the expense of the truth.In a post-election "information offensive," reports the Associated Press, Press TV and Al-Alam have "churned out a blitz of policy statements, negotiating points and news breaks as the main soapboxes for Iran's public diplomacy.

In a September 15, 2009 article entitled "Incendiary Press Reporting," Moroccan journalist Hassan Masiky criticized Press TV for trafficking in "fiction and fantasy" by circulating a suspect story about "an alleged Jewish gang trading in “body parts” and abduction of Algerian children towards Morocco."

By 2010, PressTV aired eight interviews with Paul Sheldon Foote on Israel and Mid-East topics. Foote has been an open advocate of Holocaust deniers and open antisemites such as David Duke and Michael A. Hoffman II. Foote also wrote that "Crypto-Jews" have initiated a war between Christians and Muslims.

Press TV controversies

More at 11................

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
china could just stop exports and bankrupt walmart overnight.

not only walmart but probably 90% of the retail market would crash overnight and completely destroy the american economy.

as of right now, for example, an american consumer could go to walmart and pay $14 for a pair of chinese made blue jeans or they could go to a high end luxury retailer and pay $300 for a chinese made pair of blue jeans. add nike to the list and most major sporting good corporations.

not to mention apple, with their "american made" chinese assembled products and almost all electronics.

say goodbye to best buy too. they'll have no electronics to sell, since almost all electronics are made in china or have chinese components.

unemployment would be catasprophic. not to mention inflation, because then americans would be forced to provide their own goods.

not even an illegal mexican, let alone an american would work for $3 a day stitching nikes.

china has america by the balls. if they decide to squeeze, say goodbye to the american way of life as you know it.

its capitalism vs communism and this form of disciplined communism appears to be winning by a large margin.
edit on 6-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

Steve...stop talking like you are not part of it because whether you wan't to be or don't..you are.
Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

china has america by the balls. if they decide to squeeze, say goodbye to the american way of life as you know it.

America is hurting already. Lets cut our ties from China,and be done with it. GUARANTEE,it would hurt China more,then America in the long run.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join