It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 4G phone can save your life.........connected only with the SUN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
here are tested apps that are free and do not need to have an outside network connection to function. With an SD card with gigs of data storage capacity you can have a library of survival apps at your finger tips. Important books and art to you, things you would store there you hope to share, never forget, can save your life if you have the right apps. Even a solar charging screen app if you were to be away from electricity for any length of time in an emergency. You can remove the Sim card from a 4G mobile device (roughly $2OO at retail prices) but first you have paid the one time 53.00 including tax fee for a prepaid unlimited month to month plan at retailers and have down loaded some of these apps or gigs of other apps. You could then later use the information indefinitely or until the device or the Sun fails. These are the apps on my 4G device today

None of these apps claim to be Ad-Supported so individual scrutiny is encouraged ; they are legitimately free though. All of them function with out any Phone Service or GPS (though very few do have more benefit w/ GPS enabled networks)

find west to east with two sticks and 15 minutes of time, along with direct Sun light...and other bits of knowledge below to possibly save a life

US Army Survival Guide App
play.google.com...
US Army Survival Manual App
play.google.com...
US Army Land Navigation
play.google.com...
US Marine Corp Summer Survival App
play.google.com...
US Marine Corp Winter Survival App
play.google.com...
SAS Survival Guide
play.google.com...
Edible and Medicinal Plants
play.google.com...
Wild Edibles
play.google.com...
Maine EMS Protocols
play.google.com...
Phone Solar Charger Screen App
play.google.com...
Fishing Advisor
play.google.com...
Camping Open Fire Recipes
play.google.com...

A great book reader app that works with the Ivona text to speech app (which follows it) for nights with time but no light

Moon Reader
play.google.com...
Ivona Text To Speech
play.google.com...
Ivona English Female Voice Amy (many countries and accents available)
play.google.com...

Just a few docs in my Moon Reader

Einstein Theory of Relativity-A concise statement
play.google.com...
USA Declaration of Independence and Constitution of the USA
play.google.com...
Karma Sutra Translated from the Sanscrit
play.google.com...

what apps would you take with you, if all that was left of Your phone connection was the Sun?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I can't stand my phone now. I damn sure wouldn't bring it with me on a survival voyage.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemistSwami
Even a solar charging screen app if you were to be away from electricity for any length of time in an emergency.
Phone Solar Charger Screen App
play.google.com...

Corker... Not only is it obvious that no app could possibly allow your phone to charge from the Sun, but it even says in the download description:

Note: Of course this application is not charging your phone. You didn't think so, did you?! The only reason for this app is to collect the mentally challenged trolls - who never read the description this far - complaining about every app. Or you can fool your friends with this nice 'charging feature' if you like.

I would recommend buying a solar charger case or solar charger pack for this feature..

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

I agree and use one of these, by Brunton, about $100 more, which charges a phone for up to 4 hours of "offline" $e (both network & Solar offline). $353.00 as suggested, invested in 30 days to stock pile valid information of your liking, including the apps for life saving aforementioned

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

haha.. Classic bunk. Though I will sa this. I have a cousin over seas who sells cell phone or small device, solar power chargers. You plug it into your phone or ipod or what not and I opens up to about 6"x6" solar panel charger. It runs like 80 bucks, but it works.. It wont charge a laptop, but wll provide you power depending how much you are using.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

read above your comment if you will, none of the information put forth was bunk, it all had a purpose but it does cost $353.00 as suggested to utilize. I've kayaked and camped days on end with no electricity and played my cribbage app by campfire, thanks to day light with my well placed and packed phone, the world is unique. The solar app draws mere attention to the concept, for those with no time or need to survive, or one with all the information above or of their choosing already memorized. I am not one or the other. I hope the info helps anyone interested, I enjoy it being at my finger tips, and praise the Sun
edit on 5-6-2012 by AlchemistSwami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Angry Birds...
That is all

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

never heard of it

I am not trying to sell items, but with out some thing to inspire people to attempt to to tarnish a thread left behind, with advance warning of scrutiny, like that silly solar app (it is benign) what comments as to the information would people be forced to think of or leave here, it's amusing though thank you for your thoughts, my birds are happy

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I actually took part in the development of a few of these apps.....thank you for brining awareness

Might i add that WISER chemical app is also excellent

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

Haha its a popular game that everyone talks about.
It gets on my nerves. So I thought Ill share them.

I perfectly understand that your not selling out. I'm glad that you are posting those apps. They will hopefully help others because unfortanatly I do not own an Iphone or an android.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemistSwami

I agree and use one of these, by Brunton, about $100 more, which charges a phone for up to 4 hours of "offline" $e (both network & Solar offline). $353.00 as suggested, invested in 30 days to stock pile valid information of your liking, including the apps for life saving aforementioned

Another option is buying a 5-10 watt 12v solar panel, and the proper car charger which goes with your phone, and just solder the wires together. Should be around $50. Can't charge it at night, although this doesn't depend on another battery which will eventually wear out.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Camera Geiger Meter:

play.google.com...#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5idXN6ZWxsby5HZWlnZXJjYW0yMyJd
Despite the poor reviews, this actually works. You black out your camera and the app counts the hot particles that hit the camera lens.

If you don't have the real thing, this will at least give you some warning.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

Thank you OP for this info, I already have a few of these on my iphone, and will add more.

I just took delivery of my hand-crank K-Tor 5V charger, I have yet to use it but will try soon.

Does anyone know of any solar or hand-crank chargers that are in the 10v range that will work with ipads?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I use Brunton with 5 volt output with my Samsung Galaxy II and it works great.

brunton

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My BOB has an emergency crank radio with cell phone charger. Sure, it isn't ideal, but with just a bit of cranking, you could charge up enough to make a call....if the phone lines are working that is....

As for apps, you'd want to have any files downloaded like those manuals. As who knows how long the network would stay up in an emergency.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

posted on 5-6-2012 @ 06:51 this post
here are tested apps that are free and do not need to have an outside network connection to function. With an SD card with gigs of data storage capacity you can have a library of survival apps at your finger tips.

"if downloaded" yes, i forgot to mention the do it now while you can part

top topics

join