It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thinking about deleting my account

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i used to love this site, spend hours daily but now it just seems to frustrate me. I have to weave through topics just to find something knowledgeable.
Now i feel there is too many new age/hipster people on here trying to hard to make something out of nothing, and people getting caught up on irrelevant things.
An "elections 2012" thread earlier that was on the front page of ATS, was seriously about ron paul saying he doesnt believe in evolution, (thats not a problem, even though him believing that has nothing to do with his political views and ability to be the president) the problem is that the OP posted this thread because "
I saw a thread earlier deriding people that didn't like Paul and blathering on about how many idiots there are in America that believe in Creationism" why wouldnt he post his video in that thread to keep the current discussion going? What knowledge is being gained from threads like that?

I love ron paul personaly, but there is toooo many threads for or against him. usually so and so said this about ron paul OMG, Ron Paul is really in the lead, etc. Too man birther threads etc.

sorry to rant, or sound harsh i just feel like there is too many, for lack of better words loons on here like that guy on acient aliens with crazy hair.

ive seen more than one legitimate comments saying
"i really do hope there is a zombie Apocalypse some day"
edit on 4-6-2012 by braydenf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well good luck with that, you cant delete accounts. You can get banned just for asking more than once... I am soooo freaking careful what I write on this site as it is a tool to find dangerous malcontents..... Ever since that ATS member flew his plane into the IRS building this site is under big time surveillance.

Great place to waste some time though!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yet another poster threatening to leave. Boo hoo!!!! I come on ATS these days just to read the threads of people crying/threatening to leave. They're hilarious. They actually think people care about their threats. Go on then, delete your account, no one will miss you. You're just one in a sea of complainers, if you don't like the content then beat it. LOLLOLOLOL (yes I typed "LOLLOLOLOL" just to infuriate you further.)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I hate to be the one to tell you, try as you might, you can not delete your account. This leaves 3 possible choices for you other than simply gritting your teeth and baring it.
    First, you can walk away and forget about it.

Second, You can blatantly disregard the T&Cs and get yourself banned, which does not delete your account it simply denies you access to it.

Third, you could take a break and come back at a later date with a fresh mind.

What ever you choose, good luck with your endeavors.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Agarta because: Added spaces between lines

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
yes if you feel that way then leave no body really cares.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I'm hoping he goes for option 2 and gets banned. That would stop him wasting server resources and memory in the future.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, you can't physically "delete" your account unfortunately. All you really can do is log off, delete ATS from your bookmarks list (etc. etc.) and then choose never to return here again. Personally though I hope that's not an option you choose. Instead, please just try to ignore certain stuff around here which you can't stand seeing any longer. It's what I did to "survive" here, and I'm sure It's something everyone else has, or had to do, to a degree too.

We can't all really like all the content that's posted here after all, that's just unrealistic (to say the least). But what we can choose to do, and It is a choice, is not let the bad stuff bog us down too much. Instead, just try to focus more so on the good that's around here, and I don't care what anyone says, there is a great deal of good on this forum.

Just try to stick it out if you can. ATS can be a truly great forum if you let it be.

edit on 4-6-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The people replying negatively in this thread are exactly why people want to leave.

If you have nothing nice to say than don't post.

OP...we have all been there,don't let it get to you.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If you think looking through the RP threads in the Election forum try spending some time in the 911 forum. LOL. There are a bunch of different topics on this site and the RP section (whatever) is a very limited view point. Theres Music Forums, Grey Alien Forums, Ranting Forums, etc.

I remember back in the day we used to have to look through maybe 10 forums which was a lot easier. This site has such a diverse Forum base its actually very impressive if you ask me.
edit on 4-6-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
2012.. Valued member

Just # off then... idiot... who cares

Wow, that coming from someone who registered 6 weeks earlier.

To OP, just take a long break. The site goes through phases and some are easier to bear than others. I've been here since 2004 (even though this account shows a later date), but I have FORCED myself to leave many times instead of canceling.

After a couple of months you will see that the new talent you mention in your post usually find somewhere else to go since everyone's attention span seems to be getting shorter and shorter.

Good luck,

Khar

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
The people replying negatively in this thread are exactly why people want to leave.

If you have nothing nice to say than don't post.

OP...we have all been there,don't let it get to you.

Actually, no. If you read the OP, you'll notice that he wants to leave as he is sick of researching for topics that interest him, and instead wants it all handed to him on a plate.

You should find a thread where someone is wanting to leave due to negative comments from other users, and copy and paste your comment in there where it would actually make sense. ta.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by braydenf

Only been here a couple of months and already talking about leaving? Only the users can change this place. Post something useful, imaginative, or insightful. Inspire others to be more thoughtful in their posts and make posts that matter.

ATS is much different today than it was when I joined a scant 2 years ago. But I think a lot of the vitriol will die down when the elections are over. There are always agitators at this time year.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

2012.. Valued member

my bad! you have been a member for 2 months longer....
thanks for providing me with more reasons to not want to use this site.

@ mod i understand. I try to, its just rather frustrating seeing threads on the front page that aren't even about discussions, just a member who has his feelings hurt so hes posting something, so the entire 17 pages are just people bickering about nonsense. Really looks bad to people who stumble upon ATS. Ive always held ATS in high regard because it seems the mods would close threads that aren't going anywhere, etc. I know you guys cant watch every thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
thanks for more of the negativity. sorry for ranting in the rant forum

i dont want it all handed to me lol, i search stuff, most of the threads i click on have inaccurate titles.

ive only been a member for a while but ive read these forums for years @ people who have a problem with my length of membership

any reason as to why you cant delete your account?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You can't delete your account, just how it is. So ATS can track you and steal your information. So if you want to leave just logout and don't come back. Should probably format your hardrive if you don't want anyone tracking you.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by braydenf

2012.. Valued member

my bad! you have been a member for 3 months longer....
thanks for providing me with more reasons to not want to use this site.

@ mod i understand. I try to, its just rather frustrating seeing threads on the front page that aren't even about discussions, just a member who has his feelings hurt so hes posting something, so the entire 17 pages are just people bickering about nonsense. Really looks bad to people who stumble upon ATS. Ive always held ATS in high regard because it seems the mods would close threads that aren't going anywhere, etc. I know you guys cant watch every thread.

"My bad"??? Your bad what? Your bad grammar? Your bad dog? Your bad facial hair?

As soon as I hear someone say, "my bad", I immediately cease taking anything they say seriously.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I have been here since 2008.
Many times,I feel what you are feeling.
You have no idea the amount of obscenities and curse words I have used while looking at these boards.

Yet...I have probably less then 7 posts ever removed by staff.

Learn to walk away when angry...most of us do.

I hold ATS to a higher standard as well (which is what attracted me to these boards) but sometimes it is what it is.
Learn which stuff to ignore and which people....its easier.

Edit...if you vent some frustrations,just stay within the t and c.

edit on 4-6-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 12out3r

*thou hast sincerest apologies*

that means a lot coming from a guy whos name has the number 3 substituted for a letter

top topics

<<   2 >>

join