It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

ever had a song get stuck in your mind repeating over and over

page: 2
8
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Alot of radio stations like BBC Radio 1 and 2 for example have playlists. The two I have mentioned have an a, b and c list which have a minimum number of plays per day. I think this is based on new releases and how commercial they are so a popular artist (a list) will have more airtime than a less popular one (c list). I think these are updated weekly.

I have had the experience of getting a song in my .. Often I get emotions, thoughts, feelings, images, sounds imprinted too which I have made use of for writing. Its like everything else, some songs seem to be logical and you can predict flow/lyrics which can make the song more memorable or particular musical phrases.

When I go back and listen to old stuff from different periods of my life the songs are a part of it.

When I go to work I listen to my ipod. I work in an office with 7 other people who are all IT people (they write websites and databases) and it is very quiet as they do not chat much. I do the accounts and I find now it is very difficult to concentrate if I am not listening to anything and I even make mistakes too if I have no music. I must be addicted! I do have a specific work album although I can listen to my writing albums if I am doing menial spreadheet stuff and daydream my next bits of writing.

I hate it when my ipod needs recharging!! Thats is a dull day indeed.
edit on 4/6/2012 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth
 


Yep, that's going to hurt most of your internal organs.

It is now clear to me that children’s music is designed and composed..... by grey aliens with an evil agenda onside with the global earworm populace, IMO of course



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
"Its a small world after all, Its a small world after all, its a small world after all, Its a small world AFTERRRR ALL!"

That ride at disney land can get stuck in your .!!

Also..Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for meeee! .....Pirates of the Caribean ride song..






posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Best way to cure an earworm, listen to the whole song all the way through. You might have to do it a few times in a row, but it "scratches the itch," as it were. The song gets "completed" in your brain, and it doesn't need to keep repeating it.



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It can also be contagious. In my experience every time I get ''like a rhinestone cowboy'' stuck in my ., someone else will start singing it.....the more people singing it, the more that join in. Most people only know the main part....ya know...''like a rhinestone cow boy DA DA something something rodeo''. That's the appeal, few people know the next part but they know they should somehow. As if repeating it will make them all of a sudden remember what comes next. This song is a perfect example for this effect because most of its victims don't even like this song.



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I tend to get 70's pop songs stuck in my . for no apparent reason; stuff I haven't heard since I was a small child.

"Oh my sweetness.... BOOM BOOM BOOM -- means you'll meet me in the haaaaallwaaaaay...."

As a general rule, I prefer to listen to the NY Dolls, Bowie, punk, 70's and 80's metal and the like. I also have a powerful love for "Australian country music," like Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. As a songwriter and musician, I can hit "play" and listen to whole records in my ., without iPod's or other toys. I can still hear the grooves before the opening of "In the Flesh, Part 1" on Pink Floyd's "The Wall," and I haven't actually listened to that record in more than a decade. Every bass run, guitar lick or drum fill; it's all still there, and still brings me joy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for those with an active musical imagination, dispelling a stuck song is fairly easy. I do marvel when I song strikes like a bolt from the blue, and then I hear it in reality a few moments later. There is no such thing as space or time, right?

For studying, relaxing, or just a pick me up when I'm low? late 70's and early 80's "New Wave" works (for me) every time. YMMV, of course.
edit on 4-6-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hearing a song over and over, brings up the metaphysical question, who is in charge. Are we in charge of our mind? Is our mind in charge of us? Perhaps the subconscious is trying to get our attention by driving us a bit crazy with an example of what a robots we are. Wake up!



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You are all crazy. That is not supposed to happen. You need to see a doctor ASAP and get admitted to the psych ward. It is a symptom of psychosis and you will start to hallucinate and crave human flesh.

lol



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy
 


To the OP, I have several different theories that could be the cause. I too have experienced songs stuck in my . only to find out when I turned the radio on.... the song was playing!

The first that came to mind is this:
Our bodies are constantly bombarded by radio waves. Though we can't consciously hear them without a radio tuner, they are still there. So maybe you are picking up on the radio waves subconsciously and this is why you get the song stuck in your . and then turn on the radio only to hear that song.

If that isn't the case, then perhaps you may have been feeling a similar emotion that day attributed to that particular song. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I hear a song I like, I feel the emotion of the song.

It could also be that you listen to those radio stations a lot and though you may not consciously be aware of it, you know what songs play when since there is usually a loop the stations use almost everyday.

Hope this helps!



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by freebornman



Text yeah i cant really watch TV any more i remember when cable was supposed to be commercial free thats why you paid for it but i guess greed got the better of cable channels. iF dish network wasn't so crappy I might have bought the hopper that skips commercials i cant beieve they had the balls to try something like that but im happy they did
reply to post by digital01anarchy
 

It was more the shows I was thinking of rather than commercials. I thought about writing some kind of 'social engineering checklist' for watching cop shows, like
'hard .ed sassy female team leader, (never has PMS)'--check
'several flawed subordinate male characters all with underlying racist/mysoginystic/alchoholic/violent tendencies'--check
'clean living black guy with none of above defects'--check
'ditzy typist who susses it at start of show but no-one listens'--check

But being pathalogically lazy I decided to just not watch it anymore.
PS like the signature take on B-52's


actually I cant take credit for the signature its from family guy here's the clip

edit on 5-6-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
I have young kids, so those basic repetitive songs unfortunately get stuck in my . for days..... playing adult music does not help either, they always come back.... sometimes I feel like sobbing or simply puncturing my brain with an ice pick.

Walks away singing - Bob the builder, can we fix it? Bob the builder, yes we can! (oh crap no) Damm those earworms!
edit on 4/6/2012 by Mickierocksman because: Added bits and stuff....


I'm about to have a daughter and the idea of cartoons songs stuck in my . for days scares the hell out of me lol I will feel your pain very soon



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by digital01anarchy
 


I am a grandmother and when my grandkids' were little
they were hooked on the teletubbies!I kept humming,
tinky winky,dipsy,lala, po! Also,the theme songs from
Barney,Tale Spin and Rescue Rangers.


again about to have a daughter and the idea of a cartoon song stuck in my . for days scares the hell out of me

ps i think its awesome your a grandma and your on here lol I wish you had been my grandma.I would love discussing conspiracy topics with my grandma. It would sure beat the hell out of how was your day,school,ect but even still i wouldn't trade my grandmothers for the world.



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey
Alot of radio stations like BBC Radio 1 and 2 for example have playlists. The two I have mentioned have an a, b and c list which have a minimum number of plays per day. I think this is based on new releases and how commercial they are so a popular artist (a list) will have more airtime than a less popular one (c list). I think these are updated weekly.

I have had the experience of getting a song in my .. Often I get emotions, thoughts, feelings, images, sounds imprinted too which I have made use of for writing. Its like everything else, some songs seem to be logical and you can predict flow/lyrics which can make the song more memorable or particular musical phrases.

When I go back and listen to old stuff from different periods of my life the songs are a part of it.

When I go to work I listen to my ipod. I work in an office with 7 other people who are all IT people (they write websites and databases) and it is very quiet as they do not chat much. I do the accounts and I find now it is very difficult to concentrate if I am not listening to anything and I even make mistakes too if I have no music. I must be addicted! I do have a specific work album although I can listen to my writing albums if I am doing menial spreadheet stuff and daydream my next bits of writing.

I hate it when my ipod needs recharging!! Thats is a dull day indeed.
edit on 4/6/2012 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)


nice IT people here I'm going into information security field. Yeah I took the telecommunications class i know what your talking about with radio frequencies. Ps Ouch I hated database management class but there is alot of money in it



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
"Its a small world after all, Its a small world after all, its a small world after all, Its a small world AFTERRRR ALL!"

That ride at disney land can get stuck in your .!!

Also..Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for meeee! .....Pirates of the Caribean ride song..




Lol the wife loves anything Disney and the pirates ride is one of her favorites we both have Disney passes so yeah i know what you mean.
Pirates kills me though the ride has changed so much from when i was a kid " its just not the same once the feminist messed with it" No offense to feminist some are not as extreme but it pissed me off when they had to rewrite history because they didn't like the message of pirates chasing women.



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I constantly get the scarecrow's song from The Wizard of Oz stuck in my . ("if I only had a brain"). I find that it pops up mostly when I am content or working at a good pace. I never think about the song until it just pops up out of nowhere. Wonder what that song getting stuck in my . says about me lol!

If it's not that song then I also just get random melodies stuck in my . that I've never heard before. Not words or anything...just tones and stuff O.o



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Hearing a song over and over, brings up the metaphysical question, who is in charge. Are we in charge of our mind? Is our mind in charge of us? Perhaps the subconscious is trying to get our attention by driving us a bit crazy with an example of what a robots we are. Wake up!


Deep

our minds work like computers there is a subconscious level aka processes running all the time behind the scene I just wish i had the same ability my computer does where i could turn off unwanted processes aka thoughts.



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma
 


my dad used to say that to me all the time when i pulled a bone .ed move lol. Yeah i have had that happen as well but its usual right after i do something stupid! in your case i would say your so used to your work it might not require too much thinking and more reflexes so you just go though the motions maybe its your brain saying its bored lol

wow looked at what i wrote and thought that might not come off the way i wanted it to. In my experience when you get really good at what you do it becomes almost mindless "for me" sorry if that sounded wrong I'm coming at this topic from my own perspective
edit on 5-6-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
You are all crazy. That is not supposed to happen. You need to see a doctor ASAP and get admitted to the psych ward. It is a symptom of psychosis and you will start to hallucinate and crave human flesh.

lol


I crave human flesh just ask my wife, just not for eating. Maybe somethings wink wink



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotApplicable
reply to post by digital01anarchy
 


To the OP, I have several different theories that could be the cause. I too have experienced songs stuck in my . only to find out when I turned the radio on.... the song was playing!

The first that came to mind is this:
Our bodies are constantly bombarded by radio waves. Though we can't consciously hear them without a radio tuner, they are still there. So maybe you are picking up on the radio waves subconsciously and this is why you get the song stuck in your . and then turn on the radio only to hear that song.

If that isn't the case, then perhaps you may have been feeling a similar emotion that day attributed to that particular song. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I hear a song I like, I feel the emotion of the song.

It could also be that you listen to those radio stations a lot and though you may not consciously be aware of it, you know what songs play when since there is usually a loop the stations use almost everyday.

Hope this helps!


our bodies are bombarded with radio waves,satellite waves,wifi frequecies, cell phone frequencies only to name a few. I believe in the future we will look back at this time and think wow how stupid was this



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy
 


You can control your thoughts, but it takes work. This is what being awake or conscious is all about. www.gurdjieffwork.com...
L=243

Meditation is the way to gain control.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Iamschist because: added



new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join