It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever had a song get stuck in your mind repeating over and over

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
reply to post by angrymomma

my dad used to say that to me all the time when i pulled a bone headed move lol. Yeah i have had that happen as well but its usual right after i do something stupid! in your case i would say your so used to your work it might not require too much thinking and more reflexes so you just go though the motions maybe its your brain saying its bored lol

wow looked at what i wrote and thought that might not come off the way i wanted it to. In my experience when you get really good at what you do it becomes almost mindless "for me" sorry if that sounded wrong I'm coming at this topic from my own perspective
edit on 5-6-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

Did not come off bad at all haha. It makes sense ^_^. I register patients in the emergency department at my local hospital and it IS just going through the motions now that I'm used to the work. I ask the same questions over and over and fill out the same computer fields over and over but with different info each time. So yeah, it gets pretty mindless lol.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
For a stuck song I usually try changing channels by thinking of something else like thinking about how a motor works. it happens most when my mind is revved up and I'm doing nothing mentally. Doing physical work tends to make it worst as I start working to the beat! As for the phantom sounds from deaf/part deaf people, is that its most likely how a blind person sees phantom images or flashes or a person with no smell have flashes of odors. all in all it probably comes from the memory part of the brain. Annoying but completely normal.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A theory is another word for "who the heck knows.."
Ear worms? Brain itch? Come on....

I think the answer is much deeper..

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join