It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Ronnie believes that evolution is just a theory

Well...that's because it is. That's why it's referred to as " the theory of evolution".

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I'm not even a christian or any religion but still don't know if I believe the evolution theory. For all I know they can dig up an ancient alien dna laboratory from Sumeria tomorrow.

If they dug up an ancient alien dna laboratory it would have no baring on whether evolution happens or not.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocsgirl
If I'm not mistaken, Albert Einstein believed in God.... just saying.

But really.. I don't see how this video is all that surprising considering Ron Paul is a CHRISTIAN and anyone who is paying attention to the 2012 elections would know where the candidates stand in regards to religion.

Isn't Mitt Romney a MORMON??? Just saying... LOL

what does being christian have to do with it? in most of the western world chrisitans know evolution is true and it doesn't conflict with their beliefs

obviously rp is a typical american christian nut of a special breed of crazy

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
IF someone doesn't believe in evolution, an undeniable fact, it doesn't say much for their judgement. Their judgement is something they'll need to run a country

Saying it's an "undeniable fact" simply doesn't make it so.

There is a difference between "things evolve" and the "theory of evolution". The theory of evolution offers that we evolved as primates and there is no explanation offered as to what came before, if anything. The militants go beyond science and use this as a tool to "enforce atheism" or degrade someone's spirit to suggest that somehow, because we can prove things evolve, this must also mean there was nothing interesting beforehand, or something?

I mean, fault the man all you want, but he's neither stupid nor insane. Find me a better man in congress that is able to voice a strong opinion all matters the US faces right now. If you can't look over this stupid, silly detail and see the forest through the trees, then you yourself are irrational.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

how does a leader's view on Evolution affect the job they do running a country- here is the answer, it has no effect, zilcho, zero.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

It does if said person believes the alternative....creationism...a belief that life was created in a few days...a few thousand years ago...despite evidence to the contrary.

You allow someone deluded as that to run your country...what if he loses it and says that God told him to round up certain people and exterminate them...would that be OK?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by blueorder

It does if said person believes the alternative....creationism...a belief that life was created in a few days...a few thousand years ago...despite evidence to the contrary.

You allow someone deluded as that to run your country...what if he loses it and says that God told him to round up certain people and exterminate them...would that be OK?

what a ridiculous extrapolation, even moreso Given Ron's liberal stance on social issues such as homosexuality, so once again, his view (or any other President's) view on evolution has ZERO affect on their abilities as a President.

Yes, Ron Paul, the fundamentalist, very good ha ha

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Ron says the theory of evolution is just a theory, how dare he not say its fact!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Ron says the theory of evolution is just a theory, how dare he not say its fact!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Dr. Pauls' religiosity is the only thing that bothers me about him. However, all U.S. presidents must be some sort of christian or another to even be considered. If they present atheism or any thing non-christian they are demonized (heh.). I loathe that, but that's how it is.

Knowing this, I take any religious crap they say with a huge, sandbar sized grain of salt.
edit on 3-6-2012 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

IF someone doesn't believe in evolution, an undeniable fact, it doesn't say much for their judgement. Their judgement is something they'll need to run a country

Saying it's an "undeniable fact" simply doesn't make it so.

There is a difference between "things evolve" and the "theory of evolution". The theory of evolution offers that we evolved as primates and there is no explanation offered as to what came before, if anything. The militants go beyond science and use this as a tool to "enforce atheism" or degrade someone's spirit to suggest that somehow, because we can prove things evolve, this must also mean there was nothing interesting beforehand, or something?

I mean, fault the man all you want, but he's neither stupid nor insane. Find me a better man in congress that is able to voice a strong opinion all matters the US faces right now. If you can't look over this stupid, silly detail and see the forest through the trees, then you yourself are irrational.

Do me a favour, will you? Go back and read what people are writing before hitting reply.

I responded to a member who said, "Their acceptance or disbelief in evolution means diddly squat to me"

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Rocsgirl

Albert Einstein did not believe in a personal God, but had a belief in a sort of harmony of the universe, which he calls "God". He is not referring to any god you know of, or even any god at all really. He did not really define his beliefs very well in that regard.

He did, however, make it clear that he does not believe in any religious icon in a supernatural sense.

So Einstein's beliefs are just as unprovable as Ron Paul's is what you're saying. I might not agree with RP on his beliefs, and I think I agree with Einstein's a lot more, but still, both people are not at fault for believing what they do because the fact of the matter is that it all remains "unproven". Just the same, I would not hold it against Romney for being a Mormon... I would hold it against him for being a fascist puppet who is funded and controlled by the same establishment interests that fund Obama, and who also funded Bush and Clinton (yet do not fund Ron Paul)...

Get the picture?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ron Paul's theory on the theory is just that a theory... An interesting one sure, I'd love to hear a bit more of his view on it... Of course I lean more towards evolution than creationism but you're right... I'm not going to criticize him for his opinion because it differs from mine, oh and that it has little if any relevance.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini
I care how a politican can run a country. Their acceptance or disbelief in evolution means diddly squat to me
edit on 3-6-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

Yet as I've said again and again and again our country has been run my men who were largely creationists and we didn't descend into chaos as a result of this poor judgement that is supposed to be automatically present if someone doesnt accept evolution .
Of course that doesn't stop people from realizing that they are grasping at straws and providing a classic case of post hoc rationalization does it?

I think the fact that people expect a president to be concerned with a pointless matter highlights the average voters thought process . Many of you cant wrap your heads around a politicians ideas or the economy so you regress to continually carrying on over religious matters, over the person supposedly being closet bigot etc,etc. But this this preoccupation is not poor judgement on you part however huh.

I hate to disappoint some of you but believing in evolution doesn't make one incredibly enlightened and endue one with superb rationalization skills..
edit on 3-6-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by digital01anarchy

True, he does have a much higher level of education than I. Scary he doesn't believe in evolution with all that book learnin' huh? Just a stupid theory, like gravity.

Actually evolution is rather "shoddy" theory at best. On a very genereal level, ya things evolve, but to say we evolved from monkies its a whole other claim that I personally just cannot get behind. Following the scientific model as it is SUPPOSED to be, there should NO CLAIMS of evolution, there is no where near enough evidence to suggest such.

Why are there still primates? Why did we lose our bodily hair even though we still need to keep warm? Not believing in evolution isn't scary, believing in it without and critical thinking or questioning is what is "scary".

I believe in evolution on certain scales, over time things adapt to their enviornment, this isn't news to anyone and I don't think this is what Paul is addressing as just being a theory.

The problem is, with all the life on this planet that has been here far longer than man and is far better adapted to survive than man is, how is it evolution can claim man to be the pinnacle of its "work"?? Human beings are quite possibly the most complex and dependent life forms on the planet, the conditions to sustain us are very specific and very narrow. Bacteria have a wide range of survivable climes and situations, people however don't...were getting to the point where we can't survive without central air, or electricity...HOW exactly is all that the "peak" of evolution? When one of the main driving factors of it is "survival"?? As we "evolve" we are actually reducing our ability to survive due to our overdependency on other systems to be in place...if ever they were to fall, so would the "pinnacle" of evolutionary achievment...

something is amiss with the current "evolutionary" model...and obviously Paul sees this.

Honestly though this thread borders on troll, as its a very desperate far reaching attempt at discrediting Paul over something that really is, nothing. Really is this supposed to somehow make every other thing paul said mean "nothing"?? Is THIS really supposed to outweigh all his other positives? Is THIS really supposed to sway Paulites away from him? or is THIS just trolling people you don't agree with baiting them into yet another contentious argument?? Because really we all know ATS needs more arguments over Ron Paul...

edit on 3-6-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Frankly, I find the number of people in this thread who don't understand that a scientific theory is different from "Elvis is God, that's my theory" is appalling.

Also, the fact that Ron Paul said such a thing proves he doesn't know squat.

Hey Ron, tell us again about economic theory, it's just a theory right? How about musical theory?

Better yet, let's use this as a litmus test. If one can't differentiate between a scientific theory and a theory, they don't deserve the right to vote or run for office, and they should really consider returning to school for their GED.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Can the Mods help out on this one cuz this could get ugly.

Oh it probably will. Further proving the point that it is impossible to ever fault Paul on a single thing, and that this cult of personality is out of control. He said it, there is nothing misleading about the title of the thread.

Or maybe you just made a dumb troll thread about something stupid. Really? Who cares? Evolution IS a theory. You are trolling to try and start a fight and then you say your troll is proof of a "cult of personality".

That's like if I said if you respond with something contradictory to what I think, then that's proof you are wrong.

Step 1: Start troll thread declaring Ron Paul thinks evolution is a theory (it is).

Step 2: Bait Ron Paul supporters.

Step 3: Declare anyone who opposes is "cultish" or < insert MSM slander here >.

Step 4: Call everyone else "wacky", "crazy" or some other personal insult skirting the T&Cs.

edit on 3-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Or maybe you just made a dumb troll thread about something stupid.

Easy wordsmith. I don't get all dat fancy talk. How is my thread trolling?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

Or maybe you just made a dumb troll thread about something stupid.

Easy wordsmith. I don't get all dat fancy talk. How is my thread trolling?

Oh you don't agree with me? That must mean you are part of a "cult of personality"?

What a joke. It's not enough for to ruin other threads, you have to start your own threads pre-ruined.
edit on 3-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by hoochymama

Can the Mods help out on this one cuz this could get ugly.

Oh it probably will. Further proving the point that it is impossible to ever fault Paul on a single thing, and that this cult of personality is out of control. He said it, there is nothing misleading about the title of the thread.

It almost sounds like he is a agnostic. the only right belief.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join