It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolution

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Jeez, what's WRONG with you people?! Everyone knows the damn dinsaurs lived only in the very few years between "Let there be light" etc. and Noah's ark, otherwise Noah would have included them with the rest of the pairs of critters.

Kidding aside, evolution: check. Genetic engineering/manipulation by ETs and/or others (PLURAL!) of the intelligently unseen: check. "God" and "gods" and the idiotic religions in their names: big fat red X. True, I can't prove that, but I'd wager my intuition is at least basically right, if it could be proven.

To me Dr. Paul is just another "mainstream" windbag. What has he ever done in the pursuit of the bigger underlying truths? Speaking of lack of science, RP doesn't even question the glaring absence of REAL physics in the 9/11 OS, but I guess that's another thread... Why couldn't Jesse Ventura run for Prez? Probably because he'd prefer not being murdered, I'm guessing.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So?....

I do not believe in My government, nor do I believe that money is indeed backed by something of value, due to it being fiat (fake) money in the first place..

There are a great "many" things I do not believe in, does that make me less worthy of the pursuit for the POTUS seat?...

Ron Paul is an "American", a sovereign citizen of the u.s., and it his right, to believe personally as he wishes to believe, and as long as that remains his "personal preferences" in life, and never translates to public service (which his record of over 30 years shows that to be the case) I'll support him...

Evilution (excuse me evolution
) is based upon certain physical Newtonian attributes to physical matter/energy we can observe, such as a stronger element overriding a weaker one, which is the basic premise for what evolution is derived from (beyond the character flaws of the developer since he himself was a coc aine addict and high when he came up with this theory)..

There is enough of a grain of "truth" in the seeds planted within society, to be able to form an unlimited POV, individually for each one of us, YET.. there is also something to be said for creationism as well..

Creationism is another form of science, that is used, worked with, and only glanced at until one is throughly dumbed down to accept it's applications, without questioning the substructures of the theories presented..

That's called "quantum theory"...

By quantum theory (specifically quantum entanglement in spatial operativeness) an object or energy, can "suddenly" come into existence, where it was never before, this has been observed as a "winking in" or winking out suddenly (well documented BTW)...

This is in effect the premise for creationism, an object existing or energy, where it did not before..

How would one explain this?... evolution is a "constant" gradual operation, of give and take, slow, methodical, and quantifiable..

Yet you give creationism so little room for it's own existence?...

Nowadays it is being referred to as (in classrooms) as "Intelligent design", since even genetic coding, has been shown to act as a programming language, a subset of operations, that uses biorhythmic attenuations, to maintain the genetic programming itself.. recent work has begun to show that it may even have a binary blueprint as well, which evolution cannot account for..

Creationism is dealing with the quantum and hyper string based theoretical work..

And I say "theoretical", as is evolution's process also "Theoretical"...

Both contain grains of truth by physical observations, yet have not been fully quantified in any respectable manner (as of yet)..

Ron Paul is free to believe as he wants to believe, and I see (by history of his service) that he does not push this view upon anyone, nor is he ashamed to stand by what he believes..

That's leadership qualities..

If one wants to find faults in someone, their are a multitude among ALL of us (with zero exceptions).. So if you OP are trying to state that just because a man believes the way he does, and is willing to stand and face whoever call him upon it, and do so with no apprehensions and no reservations and "Stands" by what he believes personally when asked, and (on top of that) does not force this view upon anyone else in the capacity of serving the public (as dictated by the Constitution itself) is not somehow "worthy" of occupying the seat of POTUS..

Then we truly are lost as a sovereign nation, and will soon feel the results of such trivial and pointless arguments over a single persons "personal" belief system, as we will have four more years of the exact same behavior by sociopathic individuals, who have only big businesses and bankers interests at heart (and this I feel is the last elections this country will ever have as a sovereign nation should that be the case)..

This question did not come up when both bushes touted a personal belief system as the "reasons" for us being in wars (when this should have been immediate grounds for dismissal by impeachment) there was ZERO admission to this being wrong, where were you then OP?...

Yet here we are today...

Worrying over a man who already has been on record stating that he will follow what the Constitution says, not what his personal beliefs tell him otherwise..

America is truly doomed...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Ron Paul is a sneaky white southern Fundamental Christian.

No different then most of the others. Except he's a Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

As others have said...

Who cares?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Does he want to kill sandpeople?

Does everyone else?

People like you cause the murder in this world

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

Many people that I know anyway believe one or the other, or at least that's what I have seen in MY life... I work in a christian community organization where the majority of the people are missionaries... so it's what I'm basing on.

And I wasn't really saying it was all that important.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by Domo1

Ron Paul is a sneaky white southern Fundamental Christian.

No different then most of the others. Except he's a Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

You often make good posts, but; What weight does Ron's skincolour have in this issue?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Interesting frame of reference. Let's apply it to Obama.

Obama claims to be a Christian.

Does Obama disbelieve evolution too?

Doesn't that imply Obama believes Jesus died for all our sins, and that Jesus was the son of God?

Does that make him crazy like Dr. Paul?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
To be fair though, if I was told a theory that made more sense in the larger scale of things than evolution I would accept it so it is kinda a theory. Why don't people accept all of it is theories and then progress?
edit on 3/6/12 by Swamper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Yea that was some extreme prejudice coming from Annee, wasn't really expecting that from her.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

blathering on about how many idiots there are in America that believe in Creationism.

Since neither has been proven to be a fact evolution or creationism, I guess were all idiots. Who cares what he believes in, I don't care if he believes in pink elephants...if he can run a country like a boss that's all that matters.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What is their to fault him about? Evolution is a lie. Yes animals can adapt to their environments but one kind of animal never becomes another kind of animal, how could anyone believe that? It go's against all common sense. Ron paul is an intelligent man so it does not surprise me that he does not believe in evolution.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Again, a theory is a description of a set of facts. Evolution is a fact. The theory of evolution describes those facts.

Would you care to clarify for us which of the commonly associated ideas and notions about evolution are facts, which are fictions, and which are perhaps highly developed yet unproven hypotheses, then back these assertions up with the necessary proofs?

To do anything less just does not fully address and answer to the specifics about the theory of evolution. If you are not fully capable of doing so, or in the interest of brevity would care to dismiss this all as theory I would not fault you for doing that.

I suppose as a scholared and licensed physician Paul could have painstakingly delivered just such a dissertation. I'm just not sure that conference was the appropriate time and place to do so.

So, in Paul's circumstance would you have answered in the affirmative and accept that some 10% or more of your audience would take that as affirming your great-great-grand-daddy was a gorilla? Or would his "theory" answer have sufficed? Apparently, no, not for everyone.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Would you care to clarify for us which of the commonly associated ideas and notions about evolution are facts, fictions, and which are perhaps highly developed yet unproven hypotheses, then back these up with proof?

What you are asking me to do is ridiculous. You want me to research and post all the facts that make up the theory of evolution? No, no I will not. Instead, I will direct you to something that will be a tool in your search for answers.

www.google.com...

To do anything less just does not fully address and answer to the specifics about the theory of evolution. If you are not fully capable of doing so, or in the interest of brevity would care to dismiss this all as theory I would not fault you for doing that.

Thats fine, if me not wanting to spend hours, or even days lecturing on evolution seems like a cop out, then by all means call me on it.

So, in Paul's circumstance would you have answered in the affirmative and accept that some 10% or more of your audience would take that as affirming your great-great-grand-daddy was a gorilla? Or would his "theory" answer suffice?

We were never gorillas, because gorillas are gorillas. They are unique.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by RSF77

Don't care, evolution being a theory (or believing it or not) has nothing to do with the presidency or anything.

It really should bother you that this guy doesn't believe in evolution. He's a wacko. Also stop calling this a troll thread. It's not.

But this is a troll thread and trolls are not qualified to start threads.

I suggest you watch your step. Domo is a great contributor to the site and does not deserve to have his post written off with a shout of "troll!". Especially by a new member such as yourself.

Not new, lost my old login info, go away and put final fantasy back on

Edit to add, looking at the date you joined iv'e been here about 4 years longer.
edit on 3-6-2012 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Ronnie believes that evolution is just a theory (implying a theory isn't kinda a big deal - you know, gravity etc...) but will you die hards fault him for it? Of course not.

Ill say this about him-
If he calls himself a christian and believes in creationism, then at least he is not a hypocrite.
What do the other christian presidents believe in?

That said when did theories become fact?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
As RP said in the vid in the OP:
"A very inappropriate question"

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

We were never gorillas, because gorillas are gorillas. They are unique.

True, I agree. In the minds of many simple people, though, affirming evolution as factual would be tantamount to claiming direct descendency from some manner of great ape. It would have not been appropriate to go into the necessary detail at that conference to be fully specific. Glad you agree.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
As long as he doesn't use his beliefs in his daily running of the country, I don't care what his beliefs are. He's Christian, pro-life and anti-evolution. I am agnostic, pro-choice and completely believe in evolution.

But what's most important to me, and what will directly impact the way he runs the country is taht he is absolutely pro-constitution and pro-personal liberty.

Meaning he can live the way he wants and believe in whatever he wants as long as those beliefs don't impede me from living the way I want with my own beliefs.

So unless he appoints Jesus as Secretary of State, then I don't care what he believes or doesn't believe in.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
To fill in the space of a deleted double post -

I agree with Paul's response that creationism and evolution are both theories. Both of those concepts hold too many nutty notions about what they both mean and both have passionate believers and detractors of those notions. I suspect it was more of a loaded question directed to Paul, one that really does not have a simple and satisfactory answer.

Obvious trolling.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join