It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
how domo post sounded to everyone reading

I will make a true statement that is backed up with video evidence.

I will then compare evolution with gravity

here's where you lose domo I will then associate belief in god as a sign of delusional thinking
I will ignore the fact the sir Issac Newton was in fact a christian

heres the link en.wikipedia.org... have fun with that you brought it on your self

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Evolution can NOT be scientifically proven though, it is based upon several assumptions, so saying Evolution is a theory is correct. its just as much a theory as Creationism except Evolution has more fact to back it up.

besides the fact we are like 99.7% chimp?

or that it's OBVIOUS.

Creationism isn't a THEORY. seriously, we need to stop giving it any credence or credit whatsoever...

this only matters because enough people back the WORDS.

but behind the words are truths, that nobody can deny. the sky is blue, water sustains life,
PEOPLE ARE PRIMATES(Tsuki) end of "theory" discussion, truths are being established NOW.

edit on 3-6-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
As soon as their leader is attacked, the crazies come out in droves to defend their dear leader.

Ron Paul crazies have made him lose a lot of undecided voters as a result of their bullying and harassing anyone who dares question their dear leader.

Do you have an example you refer to in this thread? The craziest thing I've seen here is the OP in a follow-up post talking about unicorns and intergalactic space aliens. Not that I believe the OP crazy for that, probably just attempting to bully and harrass.

I think a lot of educated people tend to believe in the theory that has some proof supporting it, rather than the "let me blow my magical dust onto earth to create life" theory.

Of course your introduction of blowing magical dust onto earth to create life is a bit bizarre also. At least I question your motive for stating that in that manner.

Which "theory of evolution" are we speaking of, the "man descended from ape", "ape and man share a common ancestor", or a simple "speciation" version of evolution? Not sure the crowd Paul was addressing but if they were in the bible belt it would more likely be the former example. There really is no one single "The Theory of Evolution," many have their own version and are quite pasionate about it. What version of "God" or "the Creator" is being referred to? That can also run the gamut from crazy to unprovable to reasonably and/or commonly accepted. I suspect as an MD Paul has some inkling about how life exists regardless however tactful he's attempting to be with loaded questions.

No, I really think the anti-Pauls are showing their colors here. The Paul crowd seems reasonably tolerant and accepting of people's individual beliefs. I'd say your side has the nutbar concession tonight.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Gravity is a theory. Evolution is a theory. I don't care if Newton was religious. You can be religious and know the world is round, that gravity exists, that animals evolve, etc. and still believe in God. I'm not taking issue with a belief in God.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

The guy who asked the question called it a theory, Dawkins calls it a theory.

Dawkins calls it a theory because it is. Although, I get the feeling you don't quite understand what that means in scientific context.

Its a theory, some people believe we were seeded by aliens, Dawkins is one of them.

No he is not.

its a theory, evolution is a poor theory at best.

Its one of the strongest theories in all of science. It has so much proof that denying it is actively accepting your ignorance.

Evolution has not been proven, its accepted because its the most logical answer, its not fact.

No, there are facts of evolution. The theory of evolution describes those facts.
edit on 3-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

PEOPLE EVOLVED FROM PRIMATES

A small correction here. We are still primates, part of the Ape family.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Gravity is a theory. Evolution is a theory. I don't care if Newton was religious. You can be religious and know the world is round, that gravity exists, that animals evolve, etc. and still believe in God. I'm not taking issue with a belief in God.

No no no its actually a lot simpler then your making this. I don't understand how you are not connecting the dots here. You made the logical leap that anyone who believes in god and not in evolution is illogical to you and unfit to be president. You addressed that the theory of evolution is just like believing in gravity yet the same person who figured out the theory of gravity was a christian and believed in a creator. How are you not getting this

So lets say Ron Paul believes in unicorns. Also that he is an intergalactic space alien? He can't get anything done and is incredibly ineffectual, which to me says that he would be very bad at running a country.

How you came to this conclusion is beyond me and you have been asked repeatedly for an answer to why you make this assumption.

You remember writing this right?
edit on 3-6-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

reply to post by paganini

I don't think a person who is unable to accept evolution is all together there.

See now this is better. You are merely professing your belief. In your earlier post it sounded like you were stating this as concrete fact which would be illogical unless there is something further in Paul's past actions and statements that would lend credence to him forcing his view on the populace and generally going over board with his religious beliefs.

Simply stating that his belief in evolution would automatically make him an incompetent president is just as valid as a saying an evolutionist candidate would lead to persecution of creationist and the the decay of the moral fabric of society lol. Again you are assuming ones beliefs have to interfere with their job

Originally posted by Domo1 I don't want him in charge of the country. Same goes for Mittens and Obama if they agree. This is just another mark against him in my eyes, and I wanted to see if anyone would actually be willing to say at the very least that they disagree with him. But he can do no wrong. .

Yeeeeah don't try to brush over peoples posts here and pretend they didn't happen in order to make your idea you proposed here look better. I clearly said on page one i believe in evolution therefore i believe Ron is wrong and i disagree with him on the matter.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

How are you not getting this

Because you don't make sense.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by yourmaker

PEOPLE EVOLVED FROM PRIMATES

A small correction here. We are still primates, part of the Ape family.

We ARE indeed.
good eye.

I suppose my mind was in the line of thinking that we are beginning to step out of that stage, and into something, more...since we are using the sciences in more then one way to advance ourselves combining with the next progression in our evolution.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
So, did this thread now turn into a Theory vs Theory thread??

I thought it was "RP doesnt believe in Evolution". Everyone else's opinion really doesnt matter. Or you can make a thread "Evolution vs Creationism".

He blatantly states that he there both theories and doesnt believe in either one.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

Again you are assuming ones beliefs have to interfere with their job

True.

I clearly said on page one i believe in evolution therefore i believe Ron is wrong and i disagree with him on the matter.

True again, I think there were two people on the first page. I wasn't intentionally glossing over posts, merely a bt distracted. I don't just troll this site.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Unicorns and space aliens are not meant as metaphors for believing in God there. I would have gone with spaghetti monster. They are crazy things. Space aliens was a poor choice. I can completely see how that post didn't come across right.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Unicorns and space aliens are not meant as metaphors for believing in God there. I would have gone with spaghetti monster. They are crazy things. Space aliens was a poor choice. I can completely see how that post didn't come across right.

Ok i will take that. Maybe it was just a case of misunderstanding ok.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I saw a thread earlier deriding people that didn't like Paul and blathering on about how many idiots there are in America that believe in Creationism. Guess who else does? Ronnie believes that evolution is just a theory (implying a theory isn't kinda a big deal - you know, gravity etc...) but will you die hards fault him for it? Of course not.

It's not that they are wrong in observation of a phenomenon, not denying the existence of Evolution or Gravity. But to accept the whole of any current theory regarding both, you'd be wrong eventually. Ron Paul has always said that he does not speak in extremes. This type of outlook is to be expected from him...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

It was, I totally admit that post came out wrong. I was really confused about what you were saying but now it makes perfect sense.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Come on peeps, THINK for yourselves.

Politicians are just that..... politicians. The way the system is currently rigged, and has been since the days right after Thomas Jefferson moved off the earth scene and arguably since the very beginning, US Presidents do not "run the country". The Shadow Government, consisting of the heads of the corporations and big banks, does. And since it is a pyramid structure, even THEY answer to a very small group who will never allow their names to appear on some Fortune 500 list. Everything we see played out in front of our eyes was first dreamed up by those at the top, TO THE LETTER. It is one big puppet show and EVERY visible world leader is a marionette dancing to someone else's tune.

The last President who actually attempted to begin rectifying this problem was JFK, and before him, Abraham Lincoln. And we all know where that got them.

That is the BIG SECRET. WE are the real Gods. Human beings are what shapes the reality around us, not some Biblegod who has been AWOL ever since creating the Primordial Soup that Christians seem to think was "perfect".

Evolution, as Darwin proposed, was WRONG. His theory stated that evolution happens by accident because if you throw s**t on the wall 500 gazillion times, it will stick once or twice. That is preposterous, but not nearly as absurd as Creationism. There is no science whatsoever in Creationism. It basically says that "God" takes care of everything, which is no explanation at all.

There is a method to evolution and there are clearly markers in history where there are quantum leaps in said evolution. There are many who have researched and proven this. Dr. Kikio Machu and Graham Hancock are a couple of examples.

Apotheosis and Teleology are the only descriptions of evolving reality that make sense. It is obvious that Creation always strives to better itself, i.e. adapting to new environments. WE are God because of our self-awareness and ability to contemplate the repercussions of our actions. That means that God is evolving just as we are.

Get the Exxon-Mobil and Goldman-Sachs lobby out of power, and then it might matter what a Presidential candidate "believes". Right now, it couldn't possibly make a difference.

edit on 3-6-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

It's not that they are wrong in observation of a phenomenon, not denying the existence of Evolution or Gravity. But to accept the whole of any current theory regarding both, you'd be wrong eventually. Ron Paul has always said that he does not speak in extremes. This type of outlook is to be expected from him...

What?? RP speaks in only extremes. Do you even realize what his policies are? RP makes more leaps in logic than Sarah Palin.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

What?? RP speaks in only extremes. Do you even realize what his policies are? RP makes more leaps in logic than Sarah Palin.

Everything is in extremes right now we are in extreme debt and we have extreme unemployment moderation has not solved these extreme problems we need extreme solutions like it or not.Yes his views seem extreme to many people and it leaves one wondering how he would get it done! But since he has held these extreme views for a long time and foretold the collapse of the dollar maybe he has a plan that might actually work.At lest he addresses real issues like spending and our monetary system which isn't working! hell Obama is extreme NDAA ring a bell or patriot act ring a bell for bush. sopa pipa cispa are extreme, operation fast and ferocious are extreme, 60,000 drones over our heads is extreme how is his extreme any worse
edit on 3-6-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, Albert Einstein believed in God.... just saying.

But really.. I don't see how this video is all that surprising considering Ron Paul is a CHRISTIAN and anyone who is paying attention to the 2012 elections would know where the candidates stand in regards to religion.

Isn't Mitt Romney a MORMON??? Just saying... LOL

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join