It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney/Paul 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
With the potential VP candidate pool pretty shallow, and no one really popular enough to bring in lots of extra votes, might Romney choose Ron Paul as his VP? Paul has seemed to soften his stance against Romney specifically as of late, and his son all but endorsed him. He stopped actively campaigning right before his home state, yet still insists that he'll be taking the "message" to the convention. Is there already an agreement in place for Paul to be the VP, bringing to Romney's camp the sorely-needed momentum and energy he lacks, and bringing the "dangerous" Paul supporters into the fold to work "for the team" as it were, instead of against it? Could Paul be just the "street cred" that a Romney ticket needs so badly? The credibility that cuts and reductions will be made coming from Paul, while Romney gets to sit the fence on cuts and spending to keep the moderates happy? An Obama/Biden-like, good-cop/bad-cop coalition?

What are your thoughts? Would you support a Romney/Paul ticket?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Nope, not a chance.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I agree...sorry.

The Ron Paul party has left the building.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

Left the building?

Does this mean they won't have to kill him after all?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'll write in Ron Paul still... lol

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
thats a "no" for me, if this happen it just means that Ron Paul has sold out to corporations.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The problem with Paul is, what does he bring to the table? A small loyal base but, unable to even make a real run in the primary. At the same time he brings a huge target with him that the Dems could hit Romney with over and over. Do you also want to sell the national parks? Do you want to get rid of the department of ag? Do you want to take away student loans? Do you think it is not the governments job to protect people from harassment in the work place? Romney has enough problems as it is, adding Paul to the mix would be a disaster. He needs somebody people like and support but, no one wants the job so he is going to have go out and get a hispanic female far right conservative from a battle ground state to try and fill in the all the holes he already has. I honestly do not think it is going to matter. Obama is going to have to have some kind of huge screw up to make that electoral college map even begin to favor Romney. And Romeny will have to be far more than he was in the primary.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Oh, please don't mistake me for a Ron Paul "supporter"---I'm not. I don't support any of them, they're corrupt a-holes. I think Paul has *some* good ideas, but never a chance at winning the POTUS. But being brought on as a VP might actually have some big benefits for Romney, and there's not a whole lot of talk of any other strong potential candidates that people really get passionate about. No Sarah Palin this cycle.

ETA: and I'm really interested in whether the hard-core Paul supporters would support a Romney/Paul ticket.
edit on 2-6-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I wouldn't vote for Romney... regardless

Endorsing another War Monger is Immoral .

When War is unleashed on the USA Blame yourselves .

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That might actually be a good move for Ron Paul. No US Vice President has ever been assassinated. It would also put him in the position of presiding over the Senate. It might give him some leverage in directing congressional spending and budgeting.

If Romney takes Ron Paul as VP, I might try to hold back the gag reflex and vote for him. If not, there's no way.
edit on 2-6-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
But being brought on as a VP might actually have some big benefits for Romney,

Oh no, you mean Romney isn't concerned with what's beneficial for anyone but HIM? I never would've believed such a thing if you hadn't told us so. [/sacarsm]

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I just MIGHT if Ron Paul actully had a say in the # that goes down, but we all know Romney all too well, he is only trying to use Ron Paul as attraction. If you think that Romney really is willing to work WITH Ron Paul, remember when he spent millions on "Anti- Ron Paul" ads and that other nonsense. Mitt Romney is just the white obama (

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I heard talk about Paul being some part of Romney's group. Somewhere I heard he could take the US Treasury Secretary spot.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

With the potential VP candidate pool pretty shallow, and no one really popular enough to bring in lots of extra votes, might Romney choose Ron Paul as his VP?

I’ve often thought about that scenario…I know I’ve brought it up a few times in threads…and at one time I thought it might be a good strategy. The two camps were in talks and there were rumors of this happening but I don’t think it’s a possibility now.

Besides, all of the Paulites I’ve asked said they wouldn’t vote for Romney even if Paul was on the ticket because they would consider Paul a sell out; most are voting for Obama or sitting it out.

It will be Rubio or Christie IMO.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
That might actually be a good move for Ron Paul. No US Vice President has ever been assassinated. It would also put him in the position of presiding over the Senate. It might give him some leverage in directing congressional spending and budgeting.

If Romney takes Ron Paul as VP, I might try to hold back the gag reflex and vote for him. If not, there's no way.
edit on 2-6-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

Yea this is the only reason I MIGHT do it. I would be settling though. I've kind of lost the magic in this campaign cycle. So, I guess I would maybe vote for Romney.. Ouch that sounds too strange to say.

Nope not going to do it. Never.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It would seriously hurt Mittens' chances of winning having Paul as a running mate. Worse than Palin. The horror of potential president Paul would drive away so many votes.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
wha ?

paul wouldn't accept, and romney wouldn't ask

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoincidenceX

Agreed, writing in Paul if necessary.
Otherwise, I'm hoping for something else...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by CoincidenceX

Agreed, writing in Paul if necessary.
Otherwise, I'm hoping for something else...

Me too.

Considering that he probably has a lot of Democrat and Independents interested, seems like he should try the Indy run.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

There is no way in the world I would accept this, and if Ron Paul were ever to do such a thing, I would be heartbroken. Having been such an inspiration in the way that I have grown to view the world and myself... it would feel more like a betrayal than anything else... and it would only confirm that he sold himself out, I'm sure he would be hanging his head low, with shame in his eyes, like a coward.

But, Ron Paul wouldn't stoop that low, and I know this based on his consistency over the past 30 years.

I will be voting Ron Paul for President, whether he's on the ballot or not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join