It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There should be a sale/trade thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
there should be a market place of trade/sale item online. This would be an awesome attribute to ats, because i could try to sell/trade my ti83 calculator. Ontop of that, the rules will be simple. Ats has no affiliation with the thread at all and all action is user responsible. That being said, people can sell everything from electronics, games, to music stuff, etc. No weapons or anyting like that.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I doubt it

ATS does not allow any solicitation for any reason. Including bartering.

This is not a website for people to hawk their stuff.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I doubt it

ATS does not allow any solicitation for any reason. Including bartering.

This is not a website for people to hawk their stuff.

~Tenth

Why, i've seen lower websites...Erhm... do it

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Ats is a discussion forum, not a garage sale.

There are literally millions of websites where this could be accomplished. Something like that, does not fit with what ATS is.

From a business standpoint, it makes no logical sense.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Then I suggest you go and start surfing on Ebay.
There is no place or need for people to peddle their unwanted wares on here.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nolabel

That cost money and the large amount of people coming and going on ats is a perfect opportunity. Why does logic have to be involve with market/sales/trade? you guys sound like its beneath your standards

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I sold my soul a long time ago, I have nothing left to sell.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Machines do not have souls. Computers and calculators don't have an afterlife. You don't get hairdryers with tiny wings, sitting on clouds and playing harps.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously?

I must go and re-evaluate my life now......

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Do you really think people on this site would feel comfortable passing on addresses and phone numbers to other members who they have never met and actually know nothing about ? It's a huge risk.
Perhaps you yourself are trying to bring this about for nefarious purposes. Who knows !!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Parachute, used once, one small hole. $50.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

...and right there is a very pertinent point...

This sites Terms and Conditions view solicitation of personal information as BIG no no. Not that you'd primarily be soliciting personal information as such, but it will be an unavoidable outcome of any Sale/Trade Thread:

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

...so...with that in mind...while we do appreciate ideas, its probably one that doesn't have a whole lot of chance of happening here on ATS.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think craigslist would be your answer. Theres plenty of people here on ats that surfs through craigslist as well!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
WTB

Aroundtoits.

Any condition will be considered. Top prices paid.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
There is no need to have such a forum as there are places such as EBay, Craig's List and others to sell or trade. Now, if we are talking about a verified peice of the UFO from Roswell with the symbols on it then OK. But I seriously doubt anyone would fall for that. Besides, it would just "junk up" ATS to do such a thing.
edit on 6/3/2012 by Humint1 because: Misspelled a word

new topics

top topics

join