It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now 28 Consecutive Months of Job Growth--Obama's Policies Working?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
No not government jobs!

Private Sector Jobs Added 28 months in a row!

Are Obama's policies working?

After losing 8 million jobs in Bush's last year

We were losing 700,000 jobs a month when Obama was sworn in.

Here is the link to the BLS numbers www.bls.gov...
edit on 1-6-2012 by BlueStatePatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueStatePatriot

The only reason we are losing less jobs is because there fewer jobs to lose since 2008.
I think it is all part of "The Plan".

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Lol! This, after just this morning even the MSM reports unemployment rising from 8.1 to 8.2 percent, with only 60 some thousand jobs added in May.

Seriously dude???

How much are they paying you guys to post this nonsense?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You are absolutely hilarious! Please let me borrow your Obama issued rose colored shades for a couple of days.

U.S. employers created only 69,000 jobs in May, the fewest in a year, and the unemployment rate ticked up.

The dismal jobs data will fan fears that the economy is sputtering. It could also damage President Barack Obama’s re-election prospects. And it could lead the Federal Reserve to take further steps to help the economy.

The Labor Department also said Friday that the economy created far fewer jobs in the previous two months than first thought. It revised those figures down to show 49,000 fewer jobs created. The unemployment rate rose to 8.2 percent from 8.1 percent in April, the first increase in 11 months.

The economy is averaging just 73,000 jobs per month over the past two months – roughly a third of 226,000 jobs created per month in the January-March quarter.

So any job created is considered "growth" in the minds of the Obama Supporters. Just ignore the declining numbers eh??

Construction firms cut 28,000 jobs, the steepest drop in two years. Professional services, government, hotels, restaurants and other leisure industries also lost jobs.

A little bit of good news

Not all industries cut jobs. Manufacturers added 12,000 jobs. Transportation and warehousing created nearly 36,000

If I didn't know better, I'd say you're just trolling again.

www.theblaze.com...

This is THE HEADLINE at the Huffpo today. Just in case you don't like The Blaze. Same AP article

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot
No not government jobs!

Private Sector Jobs Added 28 months in a row!

Are Obama's policies working?

After losing 8 million jobs in Bush's last year

We were losing 700,000 jobs a month when Obama was sworn in.

Here is the link to the BLS numbers www.bls.gov...
edit on 1-6-2012 by BlueStatePatriot because: (no reason given)

I love this. Strait from a Government source which I am sure is un bias and very legit.

The only thing I see is that "despite" the train wreck that is the obama administration the American people still managed to gain in a few very small areas. Its kind of like that one flower that grows out of a crack in a broken sidewalk. The sidewalk is still broken and that flower isnt going to live long. I am glad you can find the beauty in a broken sidewalk. But me? I would like to bring in the cement truck and replace that broken sidewalk.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

This definitely isn't a website with a deeply ingrained distrust of doctored government data.

Nice try though.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

And we also have 41 Consecutive Months of wild binge spending !!

It's a "Gulp & Gasp" economy !!

Why did Bush & Co. work hard to get to 4.4% unemployment ?
Why would they do that and then blow the whole deal ?
Answer: Maybe He had a gun to his head ?
Remember .... Congress was infiltrated by Ultra Liberals starting in January 2007
Look what happened starting in 2007 !!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

And we also have 41 Consecutive Months of wild binge spending !!

It's a "Gulp & Gasp" economy !!

Why did Bush & Co. work hard to get to 4.4% unemployment ?
Why would they do that and then blow the whole deal ?
Answer: Maybe He had a gun to his head ?
Remember .... Congress was infiltrated by Ultra Liberals starting in January 2007
Look what happened starting in 2007 !!!!!!

Exactly.. Its convenient to blame Bush but its more truthful to blame the voting public for giving control of congress to the liberals.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You cannot depend on media-reported information to determine what is and isn't really happening.

You can fund your own analysis effort and access much (but not all) of the information for yourself... (I wish I could but I don't have the skills and resources to do so.)

Every single assertion brought to you by any media source is already damned to suspicion....

Don't believe me?.... here's an example... not meaning to detract from the thread... but it proves my point clearly:

Because the purpose of "News" media is to convince you...

I offer this not as a means to diminish what has been said or strengthen it either... just to warn you that the information we are ALL receiving is not what it alleges to be.... sources don't matter... politics doesn't matter... it's very clearly too easy to use statistics for propaganda and there is no longer any detectable honor in those who claim to deliver information to us... they don't deliver information .... they produce "public relations" and "opinion-influencing" media for our consumption... they do not want to "inform" or "educate"... they want to create an "acceptable response" from information consumers...

Sadly, I could have posted this anywhere because most everyone relies on these narcissist ivory-tower types to tell them the "facts."

edit on 1-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Exactly.. Its convenient to blame Bush but its more truthful to blame the voting public for giving control of congress to the liberals.

Yes the voting public who have been hoodwinked.

Not to mention the vote fraud in favor of Democrats.

It's easy to fix elections.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Right 28 consective months of job growth someone says just pay no never mind to this:

it is just getting sad now. In April the number of people not in the labor force rose by a whopping 522,000 from 87,897,000 to 88,419,000. This is the highest on record. The flip side, and the reason why the unemployment dropped to 8.1% is that the labor force participation rate just dipped to a new 30 year low of 64.3%.

www.zerohedge.com...

Obama's policies working?

Just ask 88 million Ameircans who do not have a job.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I agree that 60-70 thousand jobs were created last month (Subject to the monthly revision). The problem is that the population grows by about 150 thousand each month. So until we're creating that many jobs we're losing ground. I don't think Obama will want to run on the economy.

new topics

top topics

join