It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Comics' Green Lantern is now gay

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by mileysubet
Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice not a skin color.

Yeah right, they choose to be bullied, ridiculed and made fun of.

Tell me - how does it feel to be what's wrong with society?

Tell me, how does it feel to jump all over some ones back, and label them?

I labeled no one, I judged no one, yet you labeled me and judged me.

If you had bothered to read any of my posts, you would have seen that I am a protagonist for the gay right movement but, instead you choose to label my post in this thread as anti gay which is a grave error on your part.

edit on 2-6-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

Because you called it a lifestyle choice. There is no excuse for being a complete idiot so you get put in the same basket as the people that scream god hates fags.

I'm sick of sitting on the bloody fence, I'm angry.

So stop sitting on the fence, it seems to make you rather irritable.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I used to be a reasonably conservative person but after so much bs I am quite sure I would actually be physically violent towards anyone that displayed anti-homosexual behavior in front of me. Trust me, I no longer sit on the proverbial fence and if you have no clue as to why I'm so angry then you simply aren't qualified to weigh in on the issue.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

having a violent reaction to anything is not a healthy trait.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet...the people I see that choose this lifestyle are brave and insightful warriors. People who choose to do what feels right instead what is written in some book, or some ones bigoted mind.

What a fru fru way of still saying that I chose to be gay.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by Garfee

I agree. What's your alternative plan?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I used to be a reasonably conservative person but after so much bs I am quite sure I would actually be physically violent towards anyone that displayed anti-homosexual behavior in front of me. Trust me, I no longer sit on the proverbial fence and if you have no clue as to why I'm so angry then you simply aren't qualified to weigh in on the issue.

OK. I have never in any of my post (check my post history if you like) displayed any "anti-homosexual" behavior, so why are you so upset with me?

I must assume that you are angry with me because I believe that homosexuality is a choice not a nature (or DNA derived) behavior. If that is the case, then you have little to be angry about.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
The Green Lantern Alan Scott is not the same as the Green Lanterns of the Green Lantern Corps. Alan Scott's powers are magic which comes from the Starheart, a magical entity once imprisoned by the Guardians.

Now, having clarified that, I shall continue to wear my Green Lantern (of the Green Lantern Corps) t-shirts, so it does not mean I am coming out as gay since the Corps are different from Alan Scott.

*shifts eyes side to side
edit on 1-6-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

Spoken like a true latern..and may I add
In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Good, then we agree it's not a choice.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet...the people I see that choose this lifestyle are brave and insightful warriors. People who choose to do what feels right instead what is written in some book, or some ones bigoted mind.

What a fru fru way of still saying that I chose to be gay.

Well there is a surprising truth to behold

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Too many people choose to place a measure of male or female to what they love.

Love doesn't have to do with body parts, it has to do with what makes you "complete" (cliche I know). Choose what feels right, and love with your inner self, don't worry what others think.

What others think does not dictate what or who you are.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Sadly I believe its more a publicity stunt than actually wanting a gay comic hero, I used to read GL and all the golden age stuff so I'm up on Alan Scott (as they say) and I can say I have no odds about having gay hero's or heroines but this just feels tacked on.

If DC want to go against the grain then make Superman gay but of course they would not dare because of the possible impact on sales but that's what a proper risk taker would do and not this sham add on. Mind you, I have been reading Batman Odyssey written and drawn by the legend that is Neal Adams (an amazing artist) and you would have been forgiven into thinking he had made Batman gay, each comic opened with Bruce Wayne in a towel and naked chest covered in chest hair looking like an extra from the Village people (Yes I realise the irony that only one of the Village people was actually gay).

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by Garfee

I agree. What's your alternative plan?

you must accept people for how they are. you can try and educate them and may help them understand your point of view.

you will not change anyones views by giving them a beating. they will go away with even more hatred in them. they might even decide to go after some people themselves.
they might get some friends and come back to give you a beating and then you get friends to help you and then you have a bloody mess on your hands.

Accept everything. Its not easy. It easier to lash out.
If you can accept everything your world will change. More than you could ever imagine.
edit on 2-6-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

One day I probably will. Looking forward to it

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Just a point of fact, Marvel outed Northstar close to twenty years ago. Going back another decade, John Byrne had decided Northstar's sexual orientation and subtly worked it into the scripts for Alpha Flight but wasn't allowed to state it explicitly. Northstar being gay is not new, just his marriage.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Nah, Cap'n Jack isn't gay. He's more omnisexual. It's like his checklist for finding a sexual partner consists of two things:

Are they attractive?

Do they have genitals I can interact with in some way?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Hey, even the Gay Community needs a Super Hero. I think it's just fine......

Des

Hahaha but you see, as always, they steal the things they want.

Now I shall be on my merry gay way, as I need a fag.

Or in todays speak "Screw this you guys, I'm gunna have a smoke."

edit on 2-6-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by buster2010

I know but I've always thought the Phantom Stranger was a much better character. I also feel the Endless are more powerful since they're pretty much greater than gods.

The Specter and the Phantom Stranger I would have to say are more powerful than the endless because their power in DC is topped only by a very few people. Because each of them were given their powers by agents of God. In marvel comics he is called the one above all.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Northstar is Canadian

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join