It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube and ATS...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
How many YouTube videos have you watched via ATS? I've watched probably 100's...grateful for many of them, actually. I myself have posted in threads a few YouTube videos.

What would happen to ATS if there was no YouTube? Could it survive solely on it's members providing sources and their own written opinions?

I think ATS might die without YouTube. Sad, but true.

We have a unique community here that prides itself on unique-thought and self-experience. But, (thus the rant) I don't see it. Where are the unique opinions? Buried? Probably...videos get all the notice...I've noticed even in my own threads...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Well I on the other hand rarely watch videos on ATS as it is too time consuming. I find a thread with plenty to read much more enjoyable than a video to watch. There's nothing I dislike more on ats than a thread with a video and minimal words.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Without youtube videos from crackpot authors or wikipedia ats would lose 99% of its source material.
I really like the out of focus 3 seconds of whatever the OP claims it is.

See IT WUZ A BIGFOOT!!!
No IT WUZ A UFO!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

didnt know ATS was going to 404 YouTube capability

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

I wish your sentiment was more wide-spread here

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Without youtube videos from crackpot authors or wikipedia ats would lose 99% of its source material.
I really like the out of focus 3 seconds of whatever the OP claims it is.

See IT WUZ A BIGFOOT!!!
No IT WUZ A UFO!

Sadly, this is truth. This is a vast majority of posts on ATS. There are 'gems'...good ones...but they are the exception. And, still, they are YouTube. So, what is ATS without YouTube?
edit on 31-5-2012 by kalunom because: grammar

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by kalunom

didnt know ATS was going to 404 YouTube capability

They won't, of course, and I don't want them to. That would be horrible. I just question the reliance of ATS posters on YouTube videos and not their OWN personal experiences.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Youtube is a freeman's t.v. network. Well, for the most part. It offers up alot of intresting videos, as well as alot of trash, just like t.v.
I think ATS would survive without youtube. It was here before youtube and did just fine. I enjoyed ats as a lurker from my cellphone, that had no access to videos, just the words in the posts. And I still found a thousand intresting topics. I like to think of youtube as the a spice to the stew that is ATS. Does that make sense?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It is difficult for me to watch long videos. I live in the sticks. If I want to watch a video, on a topic that seems worth the hassle, I set aside twice to three times the time required to view it, due to all the buffering. I must also wait until I have the patience to endure it all. I prefer content postings, with maybe some pictures.

Having said that, I love the various music threads on here! I have been exposed to so many great and varied musical styles and musicians that without ATS, wouldn't have happened. It has enriched my life!! I can not envision an ATS without youtube music videos. I am so grateful to the owners/staff for allowing us to post music. I realize it takes up space and it is not any kind of conspiracy, but it does help to deny ignorance, so Thank you for that God-like beings.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

With or without youtube, ats is a datamine, a business run for profit.
Most probably more.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think ats would be fine. there are plenty of intelligent people here and a lot of quality archived content.

top topics

join