It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: nightlight7

I have type 1 but also diagnosed with brittle diabetes.
After watching a presentation by......is it dr levy ?.....it seems you can get false readings which can result in having a hypo. It's happened to me....I think...not too sure but as long as it strengthens my immune system, I'm really happy with that.
Does anyone or has anyone ever heard of anyone taking it to help dementia or Alzheimer's ?
It's just that I've read a couple of articles where people say it's really helped this condition.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Bumping.... for some reason this thread dropped off my favorites.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Howdy Julie.

Hey I tried the version with a super strong black tea water, then dissolving the AA in the water, then mixing and soaking the lecithin in the water, then mixing again and dumping in the sonicator. (No heating involved.) To my surprise this went ok at least so far. Initially the taste didn't seem much diff, the tea was additive not curative you might say, ha! It's been sitting in a jar in my room which is relatively near a reflective heater, and I think there may be some very slight separation now, but not extreme, and the taste seems ok now (often the very top and very bottom of a jar of it taste diff than the middle, suggesting a degree of layering -- AA rises, Lec sinks). I'm going to do it again this way next time as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dominicus

Im big into longevity, anti-aging, and antioxidant supplements since i have always had health issues as a child. I recently read of a new form of Vitamin C which has an over 90% cellular bioavailability rate. IV`s of vit c only have less then 20 percent bioavailability.

I tried that for over six months and did not feel any different than without it. In fact I found out that the C granules I was using were not true Vitamin C. Found out that Ascorbic Acid is not a true Vitamin C. and is nothing but a pharmaceutical scam. Was told that there are other ingredients that have to be included in Ascorbic Acid to make it a true Vitamin C. Have you heard any thing on this?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

How did you find out the Vit C you were using was not truly Vit C? Did you have it tested.

It is important to get it from a reputable source for sure.

The fact that I haven't had a cold, bronchitis or pneumonia for over 2 years clearly shows there are benefits for me. And the fact that I'm also off my high blood pressure meds and cholestrol meds means something is working.

edit on 1-3-2015 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

a reply to: dominicus
a new form of Vitamin C which has an over 90% cellular bioavailability rate. IV`s of vit c only have less then 20 percent bioavailability.

Bioavailability refers to what portion of a substance enters circulation and/or in a format which the body can use. In the case of ascorbic/ascorbate, the body was designed to create it endogenously primarily, but an ancient retrovirus (goes the science theory) wiped out this ability in primates, guinea pigs, a fruit bat and a couple birds. So we are limited to stuffing it down our throat or into a vein, and the body can take it that way but wasn't really designed to take nearly the amount we need that way. Like magnesium it is osmotic and draws water to it through the bowel, which means the majority of it 'flushes' (est. 16-20% ascorbic, 20-24% ascorbate availability) as a result. This % can be greatly increased by taking much smaller doses much more often; and is naturally increased if the body "uses more of it up" before it has a chance to get to the bowel (such as when one is sick). Intravenous vitamin C is usually estimated at around 30% absorption, although it all goes into the blood, as the rest is vented through the kidneys.

They are not really different forms of vitamin C although the venous is usually ascorbate (ascorbic is acidic and not used in that context). Ascorbate in the gut is expected to have a 5-10% higher absorption rate solely because that is how much of a "lower" osmotic-flush-% it seems to have.

Liposomal vitamin C, regardless of the ascorbic vs. ascorbate element it contains, is estimated at 90%+ bioavailability due to the packaging -- the liposomal element - not due to the type of vitamin C it may be.

Homemade/DIY liposomal vitamin C which is dominantly emulsified but also somewhat liposomal (a blend), can't be estimated easily for absorption except on a per-cases basis. Some think it may be partly digested via the peyer's patches in the intestines which handle fats, which would increase absorption and reduce osmotic-flushing-% as a result.

There are several substances which could legitimately be framed as vitamin C but 'ascorbic acid' is the primary accepted chemical assigned to that.

originally posted by: Seede
I tried that for over six months and did not feel any different than without it. In fact I found out that the C granules I was using were not true Vitamin C. Found out that Ascorbic Acid is not a true Vitamin C. and is nothing but a pharmaceutical scam. Was told that there are other ingredients that have to be included in Ascorbic Acid to make it a true Vitamin C. Have you heard any thing on this?

This is a marketing angle from people who are selling generally food-sourced ascorbic to include bioflavenoids and other elements commonly "bundled with" the ascorbic in natural plant sources. They can reinvent science all they want for their sales, but science has certain established elements and one is that ascorbic acid 'is' vitamin C. Does it benefit from other "contextual" chemicals? Sure I bet it does. This makes a decent argument for food-based sources, or food-based supplement sources, but it does not "change reality" that vitamins are in fact designated BY science and hence they are, by definition, whatever accepted mainstream science says they are. That is not a 'pharma scam' -- I am almost offended on behalf of the endless actual pharma scams, ascorbic acid is not one of them -- it's just a label. I have yet to see published research suggesting that what I call 'contextual' ascorbic is notably better in results, although my personal prejudice is that it's a good idea if you can have it (maybe drink your lipo-C in the context of orange juice). Nearly every research study ever done on ascorbic that supports the case of this even being a worthy supplement, was done with ascorbic or ascorbate, lab-synthesized.

RC

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
While this thread is not necessarily very active I want to keep it front and center. Especially for new members who have not had the benefit of learning about this incredible health benefit.

I myself, working towards 3 years of great health. Almost too good to be true. How is this possible. No flues, No colds, No respitory infections, no ear aches, no pneumonia, no bronchitis, - - - - things that I experienced every year for the 15+ years in a row prior to taking this.

Amazing is right

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Julie Washington

Sorry I have been gone for the past few months I was in the middle
of having to move. Right now in March is my 2 yr mark being on Lipo C
& I have not been sick or had any illnesses.
I suffer from a medication reaction to Ritalin that caused severe anxiety
& panic attacks & increased blood pressure...this started in Oct 2011...
when I started the Lipo C 2 yrs ago it has helped tremendously with anxiety,
panic & the agoraphobic issues from a drug reaction to Ritalin.
I still suffer from it but not the agorophobic issues so much now as I
have a service dog.

I have not been on it since Jan due to having to move, all the packing
& unpacking of crap...I will be making it again this weekend.
Just like Julie I have NOT been sick in 2 yrs.

I just started this 2 yrs ago this month...it IS the real deal.

Thanks Julie Washington & Dominicus!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Confusingly this thread fell off my subscription list, even though visiting it says I am still subscribed. I am posting to get it back on my list.

I have been taking about 2oz (which for me is two big gulps) of DIY-C, 3 high-silymarin (30%) milk thistle caps, on Co-CQ10 cap and 5-6g of d-Ribose regularly. In meditations my body tells me it wants lots and lots of this, in small doses like that, ongoing. (I am working on repairing organs.)

I was using strong black tea as the base for a bit. Body has kindly reduced my abhorrence of the taste gradually and I stopped that now because it doesn't matter much, I don't consider it so bad any more.

RC

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Because of how good the drink has been with me. Every now and then someone will ask me to make a batch for someone that's not feeling too well.
It`s worked every time !
However, today i was asked to make a batch for a young woman who had a baby about four weeks ago and her immune system is up the wall. I`ve made a batch and plan to give it to her tomorrow.

As i know pregnant women are advised not to take the drink, am i right in thinking as she has given birth, she is safe to take the drink ?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Why would pregnant women be advised not to take liposomal vitamin C? I have never heard that.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RedCairo

To be honest with you, I can't remember where or when.
I've heard or read it somewhere over the last few months.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedCairo
Why would pregnant women be advised not to take liposomal vitamin C? I have never heard that.

I remember doing some research on vitamin C and pregnancy, I believe in the early stages of pregnancy it can act as an abortificant.

My $300.00 USC machine died 2 months ago after only 9 months of use
, I'm bummed, warranty was only good for 90 days. It was great making a gallon at a time.

I just came down with a nasty virus and I must say, sodium ascorbate is just not the same. I ended up taking 75 grams of vitamin C in one day and 65 grams the next, only hit bowel tolerance twice. I was spreading out 9 grams every 1-1/2 hours. It did work but not as good as the liposomal and I had to drink a lot of it.

edit on 6-5-2015 by toastyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This thread is huge, can anyone tell me what 1oz of liposomal is equal to for vitamin C? Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: toastyr

The common measurements used on this board is Approx 1000mg of which 75-85% is absorb. So I take 2 shots, for 1500mg absorbed per day.

Most OTC pills are 1000mg which is absorb at 15-20% so to absorb 1500mg, you would need to take 8 1000mg pills, and you would lose your bowls at that point.

Sirric
edit on 6/5/15 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
$300 wow that was an investment! A gallon's a lot, though. I spent $80 at amazon for one that makes 2.5 liters. That's 4 batches to fill it basically; I do 3 at a time. Takes me awhile to suck that down.

I have recently invested in a boatload of commercial liposomal-C and am going to be taking a mindboggling amount of it daily (125g) for 18 days. I'll also be taking other supps (more supps and protein powder/egg shakes than food) during that time. This is in response to a meditative talk with my body. I'll try to remember to post here so it's clear I lived to tell. :-)

I've gotten mineral deficiency symptoms once from even 8g daily of DIY stuff so I'll be taking a lot of minerals -- since it's both a metals chelator and a diuretic, a high-dose C is like going lowcarb or something where you suddenly drop a lot of water and it takes minerals with it. Even with the well encapsulated commercial stuff, acidity is likely to be an issue during that time. Aside from active-cultures yogurt I wonder what intake would help buffer that extreme.

RC

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
toastyr, I think my formula when I calculated it comes out to "around" 1g per 1oz or so. 15g in ~14oz per batch or something like that (I think the liquid is 12oz and the solids bring up the rest) (which really makes no sense as the solids are 20g and 1oz is 23-odd g so how I got to 14oz, I don't know. But, if I'm wrong off the top of my head here, it's a little bit over 1g/1oz in that case).

The absorption % is difficult to measure. It's a huge assumption that it's about 75% encapsulated, a lot of people use that guesstimate based on Bradley's original notes on his own stuff, but it's a guess. Even the part that is not encapsulated, some is going to absorb, moreso the smaller amount of it taken at once.

I take 2-3 oz at once (I keep a mason jar full of it on my headboard. Aside from the hot of summertime, I have no issues with it unencapsulating. I drink it over the course of several days).

PJ

edit on 7-5-2015 by RedCairo because: I suck at math

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirric
a reply to: toastyr

The common measurements used on this board is Approx 1000mg of which 75-85% is absorb. So I take 2 shots, for 1500mg absorbed per day.

Most OTC pills are 1000mg which is absorb at 15-20% so to absorb 1500mg, you would need to take 8 1000mg pills, and you would lose your bowls at that point.

Sirric

That's great, thanks for your reply.
edit on 8-5-2015 by toastyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

$300 wow that was an investment! A gallon's a lot, though. I spent $80 at amazon for one that makes 2.5 liters. That's 4 batches to fill it basically; I do 3 at a time. Takes me awhile to suck that down.

I have recently invested in a boatload of commercial liposomal-C and am going to be taking a mindboggling amount of it daily (125g) for 18 days. I'll also be taking other supps (more supps and protein powder/egg shakes than food) during that time. This is in response to a meditative talk with my body. I'll try to remember to post here so it's clear I lived to tell. :-)

I've gotten mineral deficiency symptoms once from even 8g daily of DIY stuff so I'll be taking a lot of minerals -- since it's both a metals chelator and a diuretic, a high-dose C is like going lowcarb or something where you suddenly drop a lot of water and it takes minerals with it. Even with the well encapsulated commercial stuff, acidity is likely to be an issue during that time. Aside from active-cultures yogurt I wonder what intake would help buffer that extreme.

RC

Yeah, that is a lot but, I was making it for 3-4 of my family members. I would make it every 2 weeks and it was glorious. Very bummed that it didn't last that long.

I also supplement with minerals daily, as a matter of fact, once I added iron, I stopped biting my nails with ease. I've been a chronic nail biter my entire life and was always blamed as though it were a bad habit. Not true, I haven't bit my nails except for once when I ran out of iron for a few days and quickly realized I better get more.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

toastyr, I think my formula when I calculated it comes out to "around" 1g per 1oz or so. 15g in ~14oz per batch or something like that (I think the liquid is 12oz and the solids bring up the rest) (which really makes no sense as the solids are 20g and 1oz is 23-odd g so how I got to 14oz, I don't know. But, if I'm wrong off the top of my head here, it's a little bit over 1g/1oz in that case).

The absorption % is difficult to measure. It's a huge assumption that it's about 75% encapsulated, a lot of people use that guesstimate based on Bradley's original notes on his own stuff, but it's a guess. Even the part that is not encapsulated, some is going to absorb, moreso the smaller amount of it taken at once.

I take 2-3 oz at once (I keep a mason jar full of it on my headboard. Aside from the hot of summertime, I have no issues with it unencapsulating. I drink it over the course of several days).

PJ

Thanks for the reply. I used to take anywhere from 2-4 oz as maintenance but when I felt something coming on, I would take up to 16 oz at a time. I would have to add baking soda for the larger amounts as it would give me a sour stomach if I didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join