I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 109
268
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
As far as I'm aware, there is no scientific proof that taking mega doses of any vitamin confers increased health - with the possible exception of vitamin B3 vis-a-vis cholesterol.

Large doses of Vit C seem to reduce cold symptoms in those who have a cold, but does not prevent colds. Nor does it prevent or treat cancer.

All this was started by Linus Pauling in the early 70s and is now dismissed by most of the scientific community as quackery.




posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
As far as I'm aware, there is no scientific proof that taking mega doses of any vitamin confers increased health - with the possible exception of vitamin B3 vis-a-vis cholesterol.

Large doses of Vit C seem to reduce cold symptoms in those who have a cold, but does not prevent colds. Nor does it prevent or treat cancer.

All this was started by Linus Pauling in the early 70s and is now dismissed by most of the scientific community as quackery.

Yeah, well good luck with that kind of thinking. I haven't been sick, not once, in well over a year since starting this concoction, and I would bet you a million bucks it has prevented me from getting colds, flu's, and all my allergies are gone. I also have a family friend with lung cancer in Canada, who is mega dosing, no chemo, and his tumors are shrinking!!!!!!

But you know, study this, study that, whatever the Gods of science say is the current status quo, must be true. Just like people believed the earth was flat fro hundreds of years was the status quo. Good luck with that type of thinking, and cheers as I swallow my next dose of Lipo-C!!!!!



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus
 


So basically you are carrying out a chemical experiment on yourself without any scientific verification as to the benefits or drawbacks.

Bravo.



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
reply to post by dominicus
 


So basically you are carrying out a chemical experiment on yourself without any scientific verification as to the benefits or drawbacks.

Bravo.


You are the one who needs to be Bravo'ed. Do you truly believe that the pharmaceutical companies will ever admit if High dose Vit-C works to help reduce ailments that they spend millions upon millions to sell to you.

Yes, Bravo indeed.



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley
 


I don't care what the scientific community says. I do know, since taking Lipo-C for about a year now. While all those not taking it around me, had the flue, colds, and allergies this past year. I. Did. Not. Not one single ailment.

Plus, my energy levels and stamina have shot up in direct proportion to the amount I've taken. Joint pain and swelling are almost unheard of now. Hair and nails growing thicker and healthier now. Skin healthy, glowing and more pliable.

This is coming from a 62 year old Woman, who feels like she's 40 again. So there, stuff that in your scientific journal and hack your way through another cold season...


Des



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by CJCrawley
 


I don't care what the scientific community says. I do know, since taking Lipo-C for about a year now. While all those not taking it around me, had the flue, colds, and allergies this past year. I. Did. Not. Not one single ailment.

Plus, my energy levels and stamina have shot up in direct proportion to the amount I've taken. Joint pain and swelling are almost unheard of now. Hair and nails growing thicker and healthier now. Skin healthy, glowing and more pliable.

This is coming from a 62 year old Woman, who feels like she's 40 again. So there, stuff that in your scientific journal and hack your way through another cold season...


Des



Just to concur with Des and add my own testimony. My Wife and I both take Lipo-C and neither of us has been sick when everyone else around us has been.

We have more energy, our hair is thicker/darker, eyes sharper, and the kicker, when visiting her sister and had her try it and the 3rd day into it, she was ID carded at the liquor store for the first time in 10+ years. She was shocked, but not as much as the store clerk, as my sister is 41.

Yes there are some drawback as I'm not very tolerant to Soy so my bathroom breaks are not to fun. Buit the upside is much more worth it.

Sirric



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
reply to post by dominicus
 


So basically you are carrying out a chemical experiment on yourself without any scientific verification as to the benefits or drawbacks.

Bravo.

Yup, just like you are with your diet, habits, air you breath in the specific location you live in, clothes you wear, chemicals you use in your toothpastes, meds that you get prescribed to you that were fast tracked through FDA after 90 day trials....... your whole life is a chemical experiment on yourself without any human study 30-year scientific verification as to the benefits or drawbacks.

Did you read the first page of this post and check the link?



Alan pulled out of his coma from white-out pneumonia (lungs whited out in X-rays) and complications with leukemia. He had been on life support, and doctors were threatening to turn it off and let him die when his family intervened. They went through a series of sagas and legal hassles to get the hospital to administer IV C.

The doctors complied at first, and there was enough improvement to convince the hospital staff not to pull the plug on his life support as they had threatened. But the hospital felt they knew better and stopped the IV C. Alan's condition worsened. After legal intervention, they continued at only two grams IV C daily instead of the 50 grams daily before. Alan's condition went into a critical limbo.

Alan Smith only began to improve after taking Lypo-Spheric packets. You can view the first segment of the 60 Minutes Alan Smiths story here (www.3news.co.nz...). Learn more:

Source
www.naturalnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Vit C Mega Dosing
All the "conventional meds" with scientific verification, had the docs ready to pull the plug on Alan!!! Hhahahaha, lol lol. Seriously, you have no clue

Also did you skip over the part of the 59 year old man I know in Canada who is taking this stuff for lung cancer and his doctor's are witholding chemo from him because he's improving???



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
As far as I'm aware, there is no scientific proof that taking mega doses of any vitamin confers increased health - with the possible exception of vitamin B3 vis-a-vis cholesterol.

Large doses of Vit C seem to reduce cold symptoms in those who have a cold, but does not prevent colds. Nor does it prevent or treat cancer.

All this was started by Linus Pauling in the early 70s and is now dismissed by most of the scientific community as quackery.


Well obviously you haven't read my thread in my signature full off medical studies to back up the benefits of Vitamin C.

You are underestimating the amount of research most contributors to this thread have done. There are lots of medical studies... if you look for them.

And just out of curiosity can you back up your statement that "is dismissed by most of the scientific community" with some scientific links that prove Pauling wrong?



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I see this sometimes.

I see someone who is so incredibly afraid of everything, that only if some Official Source Of Authority(tm) puts their stamp of approval on something, are they willing to try it. That part is at least understandable, in that everyone makes their own decisions, but they are so driven by the fear, they are not even willing to even allow anyone else to have the free will to try it without deriding or mocking them. Their fear becomes an actual evangelism on behalf of whatever powers-that-be of the moment.

Kind of like a stockholm syndrome of a sociomedical culture.

Even when it's known to not be harmful. Even when there is in fact a lot of documentation on it, including peer reviewed science. If Current Official Authorities have not officially designated Its Use For That Thing, it must be off the map. The fact that current official authorities are entirely motivated by financial interests threatened by non-patentable natural-world substances is not a consideration to them, because it isn't about logic, it's about the need for (mommy/teacher) "authority" to say it's ok first.

They won't even read a cheap old used book about it. They won't even find interest in the testimonials of innumerable people about it, even in areas that involve no financial interest or product relationship from such reviews. They won't even find interest in the actual research about it or historical documentation, not even from doctors, researchers, specialists, and plenty of people who were suffering gave it a try.

And I'd think well, not everybody is interested in everything, so what? But then that evangelism sneaks in, and the Official But Profitable Ignorance Keep To The Status-quo club is taken with sneer into the areas where people ARE interested, which mostly suggests that they in fact are very interested in such things (or they wouldn't bother), but too afraid to do any such thing themselves.

Now most humans have at least a little ability in the areas called "learning vicariously" or "synthesizing disparate sources of related information" for example. I'm pretty sure these areas were crucial to the human race surviving as long as it has.

But we are now indoctrinating children with learning to memorize-from-authority rather than learning to think-from-observation, experience and communication, for many decades now. Some of them unfortunately get such a dose that even when they become adults, their natural learning instincts just can't compete, and all the natural tendency to curiosity is stomped out, or channeled into only Accepted By Official Authorities lines.

Why people with such restricted learning modes and tiny minds and anti-exploration behavior and support-party/government/corporate-lines approaches would have ANY interest in this forum is completely beyond me, since ATS is -- at least in a perfect world -- the very opposite of all those things.

Maybe eventually threads like this will be a good example of people thinking for themselves and how sometimes, that works out pretty well.
edit on 21-8-2013 by RedCairo because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo
 


Completely agreed, but the thing is, this is ATS, where the majority of folks question the status quo, gov, mil, fda, usda, science agendas, medical industry, etc.

So its really odd to me to have somebody so for pro-status quo to be posting on this thread in the first place.

Oh well, let em all get sick if they want, having to pay the co-pays, the prescription fees, and having to rely on what a scientist/doc/big pharma tells them to do, while those of us here, who take Lipo-C, continue to maintain perfect health year round. Cheers to another 3 oz. Shot glass of Lipo-C!!!!!!



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   


There are more than 50,000 dietary supplements available and they are consumed by about half the U.S. adult population. These products are not intended to prevent or treat any disease and in some circumstances are dangerous, according to the U.S. National Institutes of Health. For those who fail to consume a balanced diet, the agency says that certain supplements "may have value." [1] Effects of most of these products have not been determined in randomized clinical trials and manufacturing is lightly regulated; randomized clinical trials of certain vitamins and antioxidants have found increased mortality rates.[2][3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Hmm. Ya.



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley



There are more than 50,000 dietary supplements available and they are consumed by about half the U.S. adult population. These products are not intended to prevent or treat any disease and in some circumstances are dangerous, according to the U.S. National Institutes of Health. For those who fail to consume a balanced diet, the agency says that certain supplements "may have value." [1] Effects of most of these products have not been determined in randomized clinical trials and manufacturing is lightly regulated; randomized clinical trials of certain vitamins and antioxidants have found increased mortality rates.[2][3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Hmm. Ya.

Letter from FDA insiders accuses it of corruption, wrongdoing and intimidation

NIH Vaccine Chief Gary Nabel Trades Dream Job for Big Pharma


The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is actually the second-highest funding source for drug studies (first is the drug companies, themselves). Many assume NIH-funded studies are unbiased, but NIH accepts a great deal of money from Big Pharma and is deeply enmeshed with the industry,

The revolving door between government and the pharmaceutical industry had barely stopped spinning from January 2011, when Elias Zerhouni, former director of the NIH — one of the world's foremost medical research centers, and an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services — became the president of Sanofi-Aventis' research labs.


How Corrupted Drug Companies Deceive and Manipulate Your Doctor

Big Pharma Routinely Suppresses Data from Clinical Trials—but FDA Approves These Dangerous Drugs Anyway!

Might want to do some homework before you post on this thread. BEsides the above links, here's a nice book for you to start getting a basic idea of what exactly is going behind the closed doors in the NIH:
The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Deceive Us and What to Do About It

Sorry but the NIH can't be taken serious with the wiki quote you posted about them. Knowing the internal corruption that goes on behind closed doors with Big Pharma, there is no possible way you can be serious about me believing that quote in anyway possible

Better yet, why don't you try going one year with no Vit C in your diet and then write back here on this thread and let us know how you feel ad how that goes for you.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Hmm. Ya.
edit on 21-8-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus
 


Look, this is my point in a nutshell.

You may be right about vitamin C, I don't know.

But you don't know either.

No one knows.

Vitamin C is essential for health. No one is denying that.

So taking more of it means you become healthier, right?

And taking mega amounts means you become mega healthy, yes!

Well, no. Life doesn't quite work like that. Would that it were so simple.

I'm fairly sure the 80mg a day RDA is a bare minimum amount needed to avoid scurvy. I'll give you that.

People should be taking more in their diets. Fair enough.

But how much more? And in what form?

For some reason these chemicals seem to be better tolerated by our bodies in their natural state, as they occur in food, rather than in tablet form.

But you're not getting it from food, and you're taking vastly more of it than is possible in even the healthiest of diets.

And you don't know the long-term consequences of that...which could be harmful or even fatal (at least one person has died after developing kidney stones following a kidney transplant).

You are playing Russian roulette with your life/health, which is inexplicable.

How many pharmacologists and doctors do you suppose are on mega-vitamin regimens?

Not many, because they'd all be writing about how wonderful it was!

They're not doing it because they aren't prepared to become lab rats.

Sooo....why would you?

Oh, and some of the big pharmaceutical companies are behind a lot of the products you find in the health stores.

Names like Pfizer and Bayer.

Did you think they were hand-made by kindly monks who just wanted to make you healthy?



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
reply to post by dominicus
 


Look, this is my point in a nutshell.

You may be right about vitamin C, I don't know.

But you don't know either.

No one knows.

Vitamin C is essential for health. No one is denying that.

So taking more of it means you become healthier, right?

And taking mega amounts means you become mega healthy, yes!

Well, no. Life doesn't quite work like that. Would that it were so simple.

I'm fairly sure the 80mg a day RDA is a bare minimum amount needed to avoid scurvy. I'll give you that.

People should be taking more in their diets. Fair enough.

But how much more? And in what form?

For some reason these chemicals seem to be better tolerated by our bodies in their natural state, as they occur in food, rather than in tablet form.

But you're not getting it from food, and you're taking vastly more of it than is possible in even the healthiest of diets.

And you don't know the long-term consequences of that...which could be harmful or even fatal (at least one person has died after developing kidney stones following a kidney transplant).

You are playing Russian roulette with your life/health, which is inexplicable.

How many pharmacologists and doctors do you suppose are on mega-vitamin regimens?

Not many, because they'd all be writing about how wonderful it was!

They're not doing it because they aren't prepared to become lab rats.

Sooo....why would you?

Oh, and some of the big pharmaceutical companies are behind a lot of the products you find in the health stores.

Names like Pfizer and Bayer.

Did you think they were hand-made by kindly monks who just wanted to make you healthy?



You make it sound so scary, what will we do???



posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley
 


Everything we eat, do, breath, wear, use to clean, gas/diesel fumes, gmo foods, its all one big experiment. So what? America is number one in Cancer, heart disease, diabetes, infant death syndrome, and various other maladies, so obviously your precious scientists have a loooooong way to go.

Plus, you've never even tried Lipo-C and have the nerve to come in here and school us? Come on now, that's the biggest hypocrisy there is.

We are taking matters into our own hands, and health, and we are ginny pigs. Im going on over a year on this stuff, and just recently had all my blood work come in with perfect everything, liver enzymes, kidney numbers cholesterol, immunity, and much much more, which wasn't perfect prior to taking Lipo-C.

If you want my lab work, pre and post 1 year Lipo-C, I'd be more than happy to u2u. Other than that, right now you're sounding like a big pharma shill at this point.



posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Experiments can be good, bad, or otherwise.

Best case, someone feels better, which generally is "priceless."

Sometimes they even get over allegedly incurable or barely manageable disease states.
Read: "Curing the Incurable."

Worst case, they decide they're miserable and stop, and hopefully share that account. Then at least they can serve as a warning to others.


Here is the primary point I think your (arrogance disguised as saving everyone from themselves) is missing:

WE are the only ones who have the incentive to experiment, to see what makes us feel better.

It is actually bizarre to consider that unusual. Throughout human history -- and in fact, right up until the AMA was formed -- that "experimenting on people who were not being helped by accepted treatments or who had issues with no known cure" -- was in fact the way it's always been. Every famous scientist in history that worked with human health that I have ever read about, experimented on animals AND humans and I do not mean they vivisected tons of them to see how a molecule turned out more one way or another, I mean they literally *tried to make them feel better because they cared.* They did what they hoped would help. They didn't know how it would turn out, nor did the patient. They were MUTUALLY, often, trying to find an answer. And much of what was found is what became medical science (well, and then what became suppressed).

It is the genuine urge to heal people that drove most medicinal science, until the US AMA and FDA gradually stomped that out, along with a great deal of book and lab burning, lab and equipment smashing, imprisoning and murdering of course (the 1930s to 1960s were a truly lovely era to study on these topics).

Who has the incentive to experiment on person-X's condition-Y? And do it RIGHT NOW so if it DOES help, they can better get on with their life? Not, "When you're dead, we might be to human trials, maybe."

Only the people who want to feel better are the ones with the incentive. Fortunately they're also the ones in charge of the bodies that want to feel better. So, they are the ones that choose to experiment. They are the only ones that have any actual REASON to -- since you can't patent vitamin C, nobody in the pharma industry is going to be advertising it as useful for replacing or reducing quite a number of patented drugs.

The industry has captured its regulatory agencies like nearly all of them, so the agencies won't be going there either. (Not counting they don't make 250 Mil$+ of an application for people to take a natural substance like a vitamin supplement, like they do the apps to clear any drug, which is really irritating I'm sure. Follow the money).


There is a more subtle, secondary issue kind of missed here too. And that is that the food supply particularly since the 1970s, with GMOs, with the government recommendation to reduce fat and increase grains (made by the agency tasked with increasing worldwide grain sales -- an incredible coincidence!) in the diet is, in fact, THE BIGGEST MEDICAL EXPERIMENT EVER RUN.

The entire USA is literally the largest lab rat maze in history. Everything from electromagnetic pollution to the immense number of chemicals to the "novelty" of things we creatively call food and even the raw materials that make those up is TOTALLY experimental. We do NOT KNOW how it affects health yet.

So, I consider people who eat "whole grain" bread and modern corn to be gambling with their super high gluten GMO food intake, far more than I consider my high dosing one of *the most researched substances on the planet* to be gambling.

Just sayin.



posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by RedCairo
 


Completely agreed, but the thing is, this is ATS, where the majority of folks question the status quo, gov, mil, fda, usda, science agendas, medical industry, etc.

So its really odd to me to have somebody so for pro-status quo to be posting on this thread in the first place.

Oh well, let em all get sick if they want, having to pay the co-pays, the prescription fees, and having to rely on what a scientist/doc/big pharma tells them to do, while those of us here, who take Lipo-C, continue to maintain perfect health year round. Cheers to another 3 oz. Shot glass of Lipo-C!!!!!!


Establishment shills always show up at threads like this to attack. to stir up doubts, etc. Do not feed.

The people who have experimented with Lipo C, know it works.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hi Everyone here
I am new to this forum and only joined to thank you for all the information. It is gold.
I have been on liposomal Vit C for a couple of weeks now and yesterday i have made my own for the first time. The one I was using was the lipospheric one in small, one dose 1000mg sachets. I started taking it because I was going through a healing crisis with my oil pulling with coconut oil - but it was just a slight feeling of tiredness from the OP. The first couple of days of taking Vit C the symptoms got worse and I went through a more intense healing crisis. Tired and unwell, but since then it was up, up, up with only an occasional dip.

I made my own yesterday and i can say this stuff is great. I have so much energy, today i was singing and dancing after taking it and could not stop moving my body (I didn't even realise how lethargic I was before). I feel great emotionally, happier than ever. I just feel happy for no reason. I am usually a happy individual but this stuff makes me elated. LOVE IT! I can feel the boost as soon as i take it. Together with oil pulling, and daily vegie juices I am flying high
Most importantly, my face is pink and youthful after only 2 weeks!!!!!! I used to have a face skin that was a bit pasty unless I was outside a lot, and even then... But now I have a skin of a baby. Not bad for a 50yo.

And definitely, I can feel the boost that I have never experienced from just taking Vit C orally. In fact i have been taking Vit C and MSM, also magnesium and Bs orally for a while and never had such amazing effects from them.

I have been reasonably healthy but with tendencies to get sore throat (I use my voice at work and don't like it), so I decided to go over and above my usual routines and hence started this oil pulling and LVC. I am glad for the sore throat now because the benefits of the new routine are amazing!

And after reading a couple of books on Vit C that i got from amazon, i can't even see how people can doubt this. I am observing how few people actually eat fresh fruit and veggies, not to mention supplementing with Vit c. it is such an essential nutrient! I can see with horror how even small babies eat only cooked baby food and pasteurised formulas and no fresh fruit, no wonder we are so depleted...

Thanks everyone here for contributing advice and motivation for making Lypo C! I was a bit apprehensive to make my own but now I am so happy that you guys made it sound easy and doable.



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dorota
 


Welcome to the Lipo-C Crowd, Dorota.

Thank you for taking the time to sign up as a member, and give your most wonderful report!

Des



posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Glad to hear it is working out for you Dorota.





new topics
top topics
 
268
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

log in

join