It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Reading on a seemingly separate topic, I have begun to tentatively suspect that the lecithin in the liposomal C is having a substantial contribution to alleviating "under-methylation" symptoms for some people. I think this may be far more common in the population than many suspect, and it has a very wide range of subtle or major, gradually developing symptoms. Some suspect it 'underlies' many disease states which are 'symptom-treated' while ignoring that condition. I suspect the lecithin phospholipids (linked to choline) is essentially providing the body a major methylation supplement source.

Just some trivia I thought others might find interesting. Reading on under-methylation, it seems like something very likely to be more common or further developed the older one gets.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by dorota

Welcome to the Lipo-C Crowd, Dorota.

Thank you for taking the time to sign up as a member, and give your most wonderful report!

Des

Thanks and good to be here

My update:

I had a busy weekend and had some while pasta/bread, some alcohol and sugar over the weekend. Nothing major, but not my usual thing, and I could feel the difference - I felt lazy all day yesterday and wanted to rest. My body didn't like it. BUT because of the Vit C I still felt mentally peaceful (Usually alcohol makes me agitated and restless, even a few glasses). My focus was good and I didn't feel yukky, just wanted to rest a bit.

I like feeling energetic and I missed it yesterday. Still a bit sleepy this morning but I know it will pass. I LOVE how peaceful i feel. I had this feeling with the bought lipo, so it is a confirmation for me.

Also, I chase it with grapefruit juice, just squeeze half a grapefruit every time i take a shot. Grapefruit really kills the taste of the lecithin and the sourness, but I guess you have to like grapefruit to do this (I love the taste).

My mix was perfect on the day i made it and had only a tiny tinge of sour. It seems slightly more sour today, while i am taking the last bits of it, so maybe some encapsulation was reversed. Not sure. But apart for this, perfect! I will be trying my new batch with Sodium Ascorbate today, I soaked the lecithin in hot water and let it cool down and dissolved SA in cold water. I used slightly more Vit and lecithin, but used the same amount of water, so i will report later.

Question: I take 40gm in weight of the lecitin-vit C mix twice a day. I made it using 1+1/2 glass of water and 1.5 tablespoon of AA powder. I am a bit lost trying to translate this into gms of vitamin that i am likely to absorb daily. Is there a quick way to calculate this?

Thanks again for all he advice.. (I am on page 85 of the thread, lots of info here, but i 'll keep reading)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hi again
I made my second batch using SA instead of AA and it came out perfect. I used 2 spoons of SA and 4 spoons of lecithin. I soaked lecithin in hot water and in the fridge overnight. I blend it using Vita Mix which is like a power blender.
I tried it this morning and there was no sour taste at all, but I think that's expected with SA. It tasted greasy, but was rather tasteless apart for the slight tinge of lecithin taste.

I also think I need to up my dose, I am feeling more tired again

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm trying to remember if SA (sodium ascorbate) is a mineral ascorbate, or merely the equivalent of adding baking soda. Any time you are testing something for encapsulation, you'll want to keep a little in a jar that you don't use so several days later you can see if it has fallen out of solution (developed 'banding' in the jar, or separation).

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

SA is a mineral ascorbate. I have just read about it and it has an E number, E301! I am confused, shouldn't E numbers be avoided? Groan!

So far so good, no separation, but will put some away and watch. I think I may go back to AA in the future.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Use AA and then when your processing is all completely done, add some baking soda. This will buffer any of the "unencapsulated" AA to remove most the sourness of it (although if your process was done well there shouldn't be a ton of sourness, just a little). Fortunately AA is pretty cheap. I use NutriBiotic brand's ascorbic acid (amazon.com has it) as it is non-GMO.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Thanks, I actually don't mind a tad of sourness, the greasy taste is worse, lol!

So far it looks really good, but I have been very tired for the last few days and was wondering whether the soy lecithin makes me so. I used to have thyroid issues and soy is not that good for thyroid. I ordered the sunflower lecithin so will switch as soon as it arrives.

On a good note, my last batch didn't have any foam after only 2 cycles of 8mins each. i did run it again the third time, just in case. the first one was very foamy. I believe letting the lecithin sit over night was good. The first time I only soaked it for an hour or so.

I love this experimenting

edit on 27-8-2013 by dorota because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
So far the one thing I think I've learned the hard way is that if I don't give the formula sufficient time to "cool down" between cycles -- because the machine creates a degree of heat, likely more for bigger machines and more for deeper wells with more formula -- I think it actually gets warm enough in the mix to cause the liposomes to open up again -- which literally un-encapsulates the lot of it.

Some of which does re-encapsulate when the temperature shifts to cooler, but then may or may not be a) very much encapsulated, and/or b) the liposomes broken into the much tinier particles [if this happens partly or all the way through the process] which is the point of the machine in the first place. I think this might be behind the impression I've heard (from more than one source) that multiple batches in the bigger machines don't work well.

The other thing I've noted on the internet (not so much in this thread) is that many people don't slightly warm up the blended Lecithin-water to the 90-110 degree F to cause the liposomes to open prior to blending it with the cold AA-water. I think the understanding about the temperature is a bit lacking in the public.

Also a lot of people think merely blending it is ok, and they're right if the only goal is making it liposomal, but they don't understand that if the liposomal sphere size is not under 200 nm it's going to be dissembled by the liver, rather than sent out directly to body tissues. This is the point of the machine, which basically causes the break-and-reform of the particles smaller and smaller. It is the point where the liposome is dissembled by the body which is where the AA is dumping into the tissues. So large liposomes are still good for the liver, and both AA and Lecithin are good supplements, so that does have health value, but it's not the same value as the microparticle ultrasonic machine result which the liver sees as small enough to pass on to the rest of the body directly.

I've never tried soy lecithin. I started with organic non-gmo sunflower lecthin. I did start with the liquid lecithin, and then switched to the powdered lecithin. I believe the powdered has a higher quantity of the element we want in it is why I switched, but I did find that while the taste of them is the same, the taste of the liquid seemed to be slightly stronger, and since the taste is -- well, in a word, VILE -- I prefer the powder. It is possible that since I let the powder soak in water in the fridge much longer than I did the liquid (which I often just blended and used on the spot), this is related.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
On results, I tend to think that almost anything is cyclical. Also I have never taken this consistently -- I think six days running is the longest I have, and then there is usually a break anywhere from about a day to a week before I take more, and this is from sheer laziness for making more of the stuff not any conscious desire to stop/start it.

I was worried about the fact that I knew I was mineral deficient to begin with, and ascorbic is a mineral chelator (that's why it's good for heavy metal detox). Taking high doses of ascorbic but not mineral supplements is likely not wise. Not long ago I began taking a combination of three mineral supplements that so far have seemed to make me feel better even when I was off the lipo-C. Those are:

* IP-6 Gold, an enzyme with three minerals added (a powder)
* Min-Col, a soft-rock-phosphate powder I had but Zeolite is probably better
* A humic-fulvic mineral supplement (a liquid colloid) (insanely expensive)

I have taken them for a week while I've been off C entirely, and I actually do feel better so I think it's a sign that I needed them. (Most supplements I take, who the hell knows if they help or not. I find it miraculous when I take something and can actually TELL, in a short time, that it really IS helping.)

Starting tomorrow I'll be taking both the mineral supps and the C but at different times of course.
edit on 28-8-2013 by RedCairo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
For those that are fighting cancer it is wise to only use the non GMO sunflower lecithin.
It is far more cost effective than going to the doctors for IV therapy and some articles I have read indicate more Vitamin C becomes bioavailable.

Using this same method you can also encapsulate Curcumin. You could combine them but I rather suggest keeping them in separate jars.

I noted in one post someone asked what the amount you receive in a dose. Using a Tablespoon of Ascorbic Acid to my 1 1/2 cups total solution [ including the Lecithin], one tablespoon of Liposomal Vitamin C is equivalent to 1000 mg or 1 gram; you will absorb about 800 mg of that. Without encapsulation you would get about 250 mg. You can calculate your desired intake from there.
The curcumin is about 415 mg but once encapsulated it is equivalent to about 4 grams; this would be for one tablespoon of the liposomal curcumin.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Well I just ordered my industrial grade US machine mail.google.com.../140c9473f18e17a5 I was torn as it has a plastic bowl and not a stainless one, but I was pretty sure others here had ordered this one and reported very good success with it, so I ordered it anyhow.

I sure hope it works better than the smaller Kendall I got which is basically the same as the sonic wave ones that didn't last very long in a little different package. I would bet they are made in the same factory.

Peace...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Ascorbic acid powder:

1 tsp = 5 grams or 5,000 mg
1 Tbsp = 15 grams or 15,000 mg

I don't know where the prior poster got 1g out of 1 Tbsp. If it were that little you would have to drink an entire 1.5 cup batch of lecithin+ascorbic to get a single gram.

Perhaps I misunderstand and they just mean a tablespoon of the *final formula.*

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i]reply to post by RedCairo

Well I got my big industrial Kendall US machine yesterday and I am giving it a first run today. I used 6 cups of water and 9 tbsp. of lecithin and 3 tbsp. of ascorbic acid. The thing is I have done 4 eight minute runs and I got a thick layer of very fine foam about 1/2 inch thick on top. Not sure if this is the liposomal action creating this or if it is a by product of the blending process, but either way it doesn't seem to be dissipating.

So for you all with the bigger industrial size units, is this normal? Should I continue sonicating until the foam is gone? Thanks for any answers...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well I still make the individual things in 1-batch size by which I mean the whole get lecithin to right temp, blend with AA, pour into well. Not sure how others do it.

I don't have any more foam on my big machine than I do the little one. But as I've noted previously, I think that getting the temp right before it even goes into the machine, and having plenty of time for stir/cooldown when in the bigger machine, is probably important.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Much better encapsulation with the bigger one, not done the baking soda test yet, but it tastes only of lecithin with no ascorbic acid sourness at all.

In my smaller machine I got decent encapsulation and the foam would be almost totally gone by the time I had done my 30 minutes of sonicating. I went thru 5 8 minute cycles today with this one and had a thick half inch thick layer of very fine foam on top. It felt like the temps were good tho I am not as meticulous as to have a thermometer, but I don't let it get very warm, but keep it slightly warm to body temperature so it should be in the right range I think.

I do the classic method listed at the beginning of this thread. One cup of hot water that is allowed to cool until it is just warm, blended with 3 tablespoons lecithin after 30 minute soak. One cup cool water with one tablespoon of ascorbic acid powder.

Then I blend the ascorbic with the lecithin for a minute and then into the sonication machine for 30ish minutes or until the foam is gone and it tastes like lecithin instead of sourness. I notice a direct correlation between the encapsulation and the effectiveness of the final product. Oh and BTW< blended without sonication is NOT very effective. You might get a pale imitation of the effects but not the full wonderful effects.

If you are going to do this please invest in a good ultrasonic machine so you can really reap the benefits. I rip right through 150-200 pushups a day doing sets at the beginning and end of every break at work, and I weigh 245 lbs. This stuff gives me energy like I am 18 instead of 48. I love the energy I get from this stuff and I will continue with it as long as I can get the ingredients.

I hope this whole Codex Alimentarious (spelling?) thing doesn't effect our ability to get things like this to augment our health. If there is hints of that happening I will be stocking up indeed.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
i]reply to post by RedCairo

Well I got my big industrial Kendall US machine yesterday and I am giving it a first run today. I used 6 cups of water and 9 tbsp. of lecithin and 3 tbsp. of ascorbic acid. The thing is I have done 4 eight minute runs and I got a thick layer of very fine foam about 1/2 inch thick on top. Not sure if this is the liposomal action creating this or if it is a by product of the blending process, but either way it doesn't seem to be dissipating.

So for you all with the bigger industrial size units, is this normal? Should I continue sonicating until the foam is gone? Thanks for any answers...

That is an interesting measurement of ingredients compared to what I do.

I double the standard original recipe to this:

3 cups water (1=AA = 2=Lecithin)
3 T of AA
6 T of Lecithin

So if I doubled this to what you are doing it would be equivalent to this:

6 Cups Water
6 T of AA
12 T of Lecithin

(I have altered the original recipe by using more AA)

So comparatively you are using more Lecithin and less AA. Not that it makes any difference especially since you are getting positive results.

Just wanted to share our differences.

AND you are right. I bet most on this forum will admit that the biggest mistake in this whole process was not going for the bigger higher quality machine from the start.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well when this thread started the original recipe called for one cup of hot water to three tablespoons of lecithin and one cup cool water to one tablespoon of ascorbic acid. The only difference I came to was that I use heaping tablespoons of both instead of flat measured ones. Thanks for answering Julie, as I think I got the same industrial grade cleaner that you linked us all to and I was looking for your input as to the foam left on top after.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
Well when this thread started the original recipe called for one cup of hot water to three tablespoons of lecithin and one cup cool water to one tablespoon of ascorbic acid. The only difference I came to was that I use heaping tablespoons of both instead of flat measured ones. Thanks for answering Julie, as I think I got the same industrial grade cleaner that you linked us all to and I was looking for your input as to the foam left on top after.

Thank you for your time.

Actually the correct recipe is 1/2 cup water with 1 Tablespoon of water.

When I mix mine and really have no foam at all. I wonder if it is because I heat the lecithin to 110 degrees before I add the AA to it. I'm not sure, but now that I think of it before I was doing the heating I did have some foam.

But I really don't think the foam means or affects anything. I think it's just some air bubbles caused by the mixing. I wouldn't get hung up on the bubbles or trying to make them dissipate.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
For what it's worth... for those who are bothered by the foamy head (which as you know, is caused by the blending) here's what I do to eliminate it:

While my solution is cooking, (I have one of those little ultrasonic cleaners with the 3 minute cycles) I'll go every other cycle, folding over the foam as if it's some type of egg white or cake batter. I also use chopsticks to stir my solution.

So in other words, I fold and stir for 3 minutes...
run the next 3 minute cycle without stirring/folding...
fold/stir the following 3 minutes... and repeat this until most the foam is gone.

I fold the foam head all the way through to the end of the cook, and by then, there's only a thin foam head floating on the top of the solution --- which is always gone by morning.

I always try to break up any of the loose lecithin granules that I see floating around as well. I also use a different method from the OP; I use glass containers within the ultrasonic cleaner - so I can see floaters swimming around below the foam head, and I choose to obliterate them like a Samurai with said chopsticks as I stir and fold!

But that's just me...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Actually the correct recipe is 1/2 cup water with 1 Tablespoon of water.

She meant 1 Tbsp ascorbic acid.

new topics

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join