It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not elightened. I have a low-vibrational field. I am addicted to fear. I am a sheep.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

That 'old self' that you say you carry in your memories is the false self, the 'me sense', the extra one, the one that makes you more than one. If you want wholeness, completeness, if you want the knowing of oneness, that extra one has to go. It is not real anyway. You are here and you are now. You are one.
It is only a mind that believes in time that can believe in an 'old self' and a 'better self'. It is now and you are here. This is new and fresh. This is the beginning and the end of you.
Why carry the weight of an 'old self'? It is heavy, it is depressing. That 'old self' is dead.
Die each moment so you can live.

edit on 2-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The ego is fiction.
The 'story of me', it is heavy.
The weight of 'me' is in time.

Be lighter, be enlightened.
The light of consciousness is now.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

My third eye seems to be a bit nearsighted.

I believe that destiny or "my purpose" in life is to get through today, and deal with tomorrow when it comes.

Sometimes, today can be so stressfull that I may tend to come a little unglued and rant over spilled milk, on my daughter's shirt OR MINE; sweating the small stuff is my second nature.

I have never won at anything and have worked hard to keep up with the Jones' until they went bankrupt and I did too. Currently I am not able to work and disability has been denied, therefore I live with low funds, high demands from those around and pain from disc degeneration and splintered vertebrae. Last time I checked deterioration of the bones/cartilage aren't signs of ascensio nor have I experienced that meditaion magically releases some of the aches.

Now I digress back to paragraph 1 - day by day - don't know where next month's rent will come from, much less if the freaking economy collapses or [_________] insert the next shoe that falls or the next pile of STHTF! HEY NO RENT MAYBE???

When it does I suggest I save you a seat at the bar - shot and a beer sounds a lot better than large crowds / bleachers / stadiums....OH YEA WAIT - FEMA IS READY NOW - no need for stadiums.

I guess we have to improvise, adapt and overcome! My fellow member of society and ATSr....our roads lead here and I on a serious note think that we are at least Lambs being lead to slaughter rather than kettled in as sheople.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Star and flag for the least bull# containing opening post I have ever read on ATS.

It must be hell to be so normal

DP

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Unconditional love for the self is unconditional love for one and all. When one accepts the self no matter how it feels and embraces the passing feelings, life is felt, life is lived.

Yes, we agree on this point. As I said, I can only live today, and I can only make it what I want it to be.

Life can only happen now but humans are attached to the past and are also attached to feeling good. Life (this moment is life, yesterday is dead) shows itself to itself, it gets to experience.

I don't feel anything specific the majority of the time. When I do feel anything strongly, it is negativity. I figured out the life wouldn't feel good when I was like 4 years old. That's not the issue. Frankly, I would like to erase my memories of the past if I could. But, if I did, I would forget where my children came from, I would forget how important they are to me, I would forget how thankful I am to be alive and how grateful I am to be loved.

I live, and that is all I can do.

What I was saying is that yesterday has already happened and is therefore unchanging. However, this fact does not mean that it's effects cannot still be seen and felt today. You posit that the past stays in the past. This is a falsity. The past comes to the present in many unexpected ways.

My past resulted in my children, my mentality, my circumstances, my Present. I live in the present, but there are reminders of the past at every turn. All I can do is understand that today is what matters and today I will live in joy for what I do have.

I'm not worried about the future, it will figure itself out.

Time is not linear. Past, present and future are all Now.

As I live Now, I also live Past and I also live Future.

The trick is to Live Now rather than Dwell in Past or Future.

I really don't feel like debating today, though, I have to go play in the rain and stomp in some puddles with my kids.

Take care, Itisnowagain.

edit on 6/2/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I know from experience what depression and anxiety feels like, i have known the heavy uneasiness, the shame. I didn't like it and tried every way to get out of that hole. I got out, it is possible.
If you want out, i offer a way out. I am not here to debate, i just share what i know.
I am offering you another video.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Well thank you, Itisnowagain. I would hug you if I could. You are a kind-hearted person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join