It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cup for the Kings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I hope so! But then again..I've always joked to my friends that once the San Fran Giants and LA Kings win in my lifetime then I can kick the bucket. So, time may be short for me haha. Sucks that my boy, Ryan Smyth wanted to back out on the Kings so soon.

Also, it's kind of funny that it's LA vs. NJ. Whenever my cousin and I would play video game hockey, that was always the match-up. He's the Devil's fan. Go Kings, I say!

Any other hockey fans or Kings fans? Come on, I know there's at least a few.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I find myself hoping for the kings to win.Can't root for the devils...I'm a Flyers fan.Tonights game has been pretty good though.As a flyers fan I have 2 reasons not to hope the kings win..Richards and Carter.I can't stand them.I think they're overrated and even though they've only be gone one year...their stats this season seem to prove that.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Flyers fan, huh? Dang. I think Gagne and Richards were a good addition to our team earlier this season. But I always find myself writhing in pleasure whenever I see the Flyers choke
Sorry! Just never been a fan..Except for that Ron Hextall. Now there was a net-minder for the ages.

If it makes you feel any better..a lot of my hockey buddies here on the west coast are huge Flyers fans albeit for reasons I cannot understand.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Flyers fan, huh? Dang. I think Gagne and Richards were a good addition to our team earlier this season. But I always find myself writhing in pleasure whenever I see the Flyers choke
Sorry! Just never been a fan..Except for that Ron Hextall. Now there was a net-minder for the ages.

If it makes you feel any better..a lot of my hockey buddies here on the west coast are huge Flyers fans albeit for reasons I cannot understand.

Choke?Don't you think that every team except the one that wins the cup "chokes"? Come on dude.

Hextall was a hell of a goalie.Ive met him a few times and have his autograph hanging on my wall.

The reason they're flyers fans is because nobody gave a crap about hockey out there before Gretzky came.Oh and maybe Kariya and Selanne helped it along too.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Yeah, "choke" is when a team repeatedly fails in the playoffs. I would say that describes the Kings better than the Flyers though. My boys would do well to learn the Heimlich maneuver for the first playoff round. I think they played a pretty good game tonight. I haven't been following them the second half of the season because I've been tied down by school and work. But they seem to have better chemistry than they have for a while.

Give Kopitar a breakaway and what do you expect? I think it'll be a good series.

I have Dany Heatley's autograph
and I'm not even a fan of the Senators or Sharks by a long shot.

BUT I do have an old school Coyotes jersey signed by Roenick and Tkachuk. Got it from a hobby shop for very cheap when they went out of business.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I love Kopitar.I knew as soon as he got past the blue line he was putting it home.I'd love for him to be on the Flyers.Uhmm,you don't know what choke means dude.The Kings haven't been anywhere near a cup for a long,long time.They've put together a great team.They're young and exciting.I'd also love to have Quick instead of Bryz.

Anyway,the Flyers are a good young team.They'll be back next year.And really,if you think otherwise you know nothing about hockey.

ETA : This Kings team reminds me of the Blackhawks team that ran all over the flyers a few years ago.
edit on 31-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I didn't say the Flyers weren't a good team. I just said I wasn't a fan. And yeah, I'm just disappointed watching the Kings struggle to make first round playoffs and bite it hard year after year. They just run out of steam. At least the Flyers look like they want it. As much as I want to see the Kings win, I wouldn't mind Brodeur shutting them down either. You just have to respect that guy no matter what.

Anyway, good to know there are some hockey fans on ATS.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Ah Brodeur.As a Flyers fan I hate him.But I respect him.Hell of a goalie,Did you see the save he made tonight?Stacked his pads.And i believe it was Mike Richards that made that sweet pass.I thought that was going in.

I met him too,refused to sign my jersey without being paid. It cost me $200 to get him to sign my jersey.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

DP

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Ah Brodeur.As a Flyers fan I hate him..But I respect him.Hell of a goalie,Did you see the save he made tonight?Stacked his pads.And i believe it was Mike Richards that made that sweet pass.I thought that was going in.

Another Orange 'n' Black fan checking in...great game last night. I love this time of year simply because one gets to see some of the best games of the best sport on the planet. I love Hockey in all forms, but my heart rests with te Flyers since their only cup wins. And the only reason we hate Brodeur is cuz we don't got him!! Bryz was quite the disappointment, I must admit...but what we got for Richards and Carter was sweet. Anyway, like the OP says, good to sse some hockey fans around here. With all this doom and gloom seriousness it's nice to chat about something different once in a while.

Looking forward to yet another great 2012 playoff series!
Perhaps FlyersFan will weigh in as well..??
edit on 31-5-2012 by PaTommyJ because: misplaced bold sentence

edit on 31-5-2012 by PaTommyJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Richards and Carter.I can't stand them.I think they're overrated and even though they've only be gone one year...their stats this season seem to prove that.

Hopefully Carter put to rest the overrated part of your mind last night

2 more wins and I can die happy. I hopped on the Kings bandwagon 20 years ago and have had my fair share of suffering.

Now is the time!

p.s. No matter how you feel about Richards and Carter they gave Philly a lot to cheer for over the years. The trades that sent them out of Philly were good for both teams (not so good for Columbus) no matter how this season ends.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Kings WIN!

I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Toto...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
One more to go. Who's betting on a Kings sweep? I sure am. Although every game so far has been pretty close and nervous watching for me.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I'll eat my words now. Kings just couldn't make use of their breakaways or power plays tonight. Big surprise
We'll win it on the road.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
4 goals down and they still haven't retired Marty B? Come on, Kings..send Brodeur home cryin' to his mama! Alright this thread can die now. What a fantastic Stanley Cup series.

top topics

join