It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This a Dimensional Time Shift?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Let me start by saying I've seen threads by people who have had experiences where they have memories and entire days of an event happening but the following day or even that following night they will talk to someone who was also present during that event and that person doesn't remember anything that the other person remembers. Almost like it never happened but everyone elses memories were wiped or changed because something happened to Time and they were left confused. Well, whatever. It's something like that. Anyways, this is my experience that happened today. I'll try to make it make sense but my mind is slightly jarred and I'm not in the greatest state of mind right now (No, I'm not on drugs or any stimulants, I'm just fatigued and tired from working all day).

I had a conversation with my mother and father today about how old I am. This topic came up after discussing similar people having weird experiences where it seems like time changed or something and they were left with memories that no one else possesses. I told my Mother that I'm 26 years old. She immediately said "No, you're 25 years old." and we went back and forth like that for awhile.

We don't celebrate birthdays in my household. To keep it short, we just don't. So, unlike most people who would have a birthday party and a big event of some kind with a lot of people present I just recognize another year to add to my life and move on. This is where it becomes strange. I have a very specific and distinct memory of turning 26. There was no party in my memory but I just recognized it and moved on but it was a very strong memory of that year for some reason. It took priority over everything else that happened in my life as "Hey, I'm 26 now! Cool!" and that's odd because I never give turning another year older any thought at all. In fact, I hate getting older.

Now why do I have this very distinct memory of turning 26 when in fact I was born on Oct 2nd 1986 and this year is 2012. October isn't here yet so I should be the age of 25. I would be turning 26 this year on October 2nd. I was extremely shocked to learn of this. I couldn't believe it when the facts were presented to me. I know for a fact that I turned 26 but no one else has this memory of it happening. Just me. I believe it so strongly though that I could stake my life on it. What's happening here? Is this some kind of dimensional shift? Everything else in my life is fine.. just not my age. I've never really experienced anything like this before and to be honest it's jarring. It's almost flipped everything upside down for me and I'm not sure how to handle it.

What are your thoughts, ATS? Is this something that should be worth noting or am I just going crazy? My parents aren't sure what to think of this either. My father is more skeptical when it comes to anything that isn't proven in his religion but my mother is more open minded to things like this. She doesn't simply dismiss it. So if you are going to reply, please reply with something informational and not something that contains one line like "Nothing to see here. Move along." because that won't help me at all. Thank you for your time.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Also to add. About a month ago I had a conversation with friends and one person asked how old I was. I couldn't even remember my age. I have a bad memory for someone my age but I always remember my age. I couldn't then though.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

Something similar happened to some friends of mine one summer. I created a thread about it a while back
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm 39, but I have been anticipating turning 40 in December, and often think briefly that I AM 40 already.

I realize I am not yet, but just the thought of the coming birthday sometimes confuses me for a moment.

Something similar with you maybe?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't know exactly how to explain what you're experiencing, but I know that the mind is a tricky lil trickster!
There is a certain confusion there, but just wanted to add that we'll both be turning 26 in october.

But now that I think of it, in the past it has happened that maybe in 2006 I'd be sure it's 2007 and it would be like in july or august... Anyhow I don't think it would be a time shift or whatever but more a mind trick we unconsciously play on ourselves.
The mind is quite something indeed...

Peace OP!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I wonder if this kind of phenomena has anything to do with all the talk about changes in the Earth's geomagnetic field or the talk about impending galactic alignment. Just wondering, but I have no theory.

Here's something that happened to me...

Last week, I went into work (I work part-time and the schedule changes from week to week) and a co-worker along with a supervisor said, "Hey, you're not on the schedule for today." I started arguing with them because I am meticulous about my work schedule and was certain I was right. They pointed to a posted schedule and showed me. I immediately said "This isn't right. Or it got changed since I was here last. This is completely different from the schedule I wrote down and took home." They just shrugged and said "No, this schedule was up last Sunday when you were here." The next day, I started arguing with my manager about them switching schedules on me. She just insisted that there was no schedule change and no one else had a schedule problem. I am still shocked about it because I can't figure out how I made the mistake. I talked to a couple of co-workers who agreed they stood next to me while I wrote down the "wrong" schedule and they admitted they couldn't explain what went wrong. They wonder as I do how I got it wrong.

Anyway, I know people will just say "Dude, you screwed up and wrote down the schedule wrong." O.K., but it's never happened before and I still swear something changed it and it wasn't my fault. It's very weird.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I guess it's possible. Hell, I don't really doubt much anymore but the amount of detail in my memory of this happening is extraordinary. I remember every smell, touch, dream and even what I was wearing and what those around my wore. It just seems really strange for something like that to be just me thinking that my birthday is coming soon and me anticipating it. It could be though, thanks for your reply.

reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

That's possible. I've been tricked by my mind more than once in my life about some odd things. This however to me just seems like something that actually happened but the mind is very powerful in deceiving us.

reply to post by switching yard

It kind of jars you doesn't it? I could imagine something like that being very disturbing especially if you are so on the ball with the schedule as you say. Almost like everyone could see you writing down to them being the wrong schedule but to you being completely right. Like you saw something different then they did even though you were both aware of each others presence and after everything that happened something was changed specifically. I don't know where I'm going with this, haha. I completely lost my train of thought.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

I'm turning 26 and a lot of times sense I tell people I'm going to be 26, I think I am 26 for a while.

With that being said and out of the way.

I have been having major dejavu like crazy. I keep already being places I couldn't have been before unless I already remember the future. This started about 8 months ago. I think time is speeding up. Maybe we are aproaching a point where time goes so fast we slip into eternity? and all time ever will be present at once, and closing in on that, time slips may get more common?

I also have had some time slips before. Some movies have the wrong endings, my childhood dresser had this cowboy fabric hanging on the top of it like a runner, but now that same cloth is red instead of green..

When I moved into the house I'm renting right now I was putting up pictures of my girlfriend while she was getting the kitchen set up. I put a particularly cute when on my night stand. Then I continued to go through the pictures and papers. It was a big stack. When I got near the bottom I saw the same picture again.

"huh?"
"I guess I have two of them? whatever..."

When I looked to where I put the first one it was gone. apparently time changed, and I never moved the picture. I think most people don't notice it happening because it makes your memories fade, and change to the new timeline.

Another one I was playing darts and one of the darts stuck in the board and the tail of it (the flight) flew off and landed near my feet. all of us saw it happen. I bent down to pick it up, but it wasn't there. It wasn't anywhere, and then it appeared back on the dart it flew off of. We looked for it for 5 minutes and I checked the dart a few times, but no flight. My friends thought I somehow tricked them, but I did not.

My dejavu's are so bad that I have started answering peoples questions they havn't asked yet, and I can even give people warnings. My dejavu's are like 5 minute movies now, and after the first few seconds I get used to it, and can remember the rest.

I watched a UNC game in the NCAA tournament and I got sad. I had already seen it, and UNC lost. I turned off the TV and my girlfriend was like "what the... ____?" "they lost this game already. I remember it."

Some preacher guy died like 3 times in my life. I forget his name. I was telling my girlfriend about how he died in like 2008, after thinking he had died before that in 2007 or something. I was telling her how weird this was in like 2010, but then later on that day he died again on Fox news. (I was at her parents house yuck) How does one guy die three times? (well besides osama bin laden
)

Something weird is going on with the matrix me thinks
edit on 5/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
About 9 years ago I found out I was a year younger than I thought I was (bad memory, I don't know?) but I was shocked and confused about it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

That's quite a few lengthy events to say the least. I think you're right as for these time slips happening and people's memories fading and being replaced with either nothingness or something new that's been changed to represent the new timeline. Maybe there is a select few of us who are able to remember these changes. Or something. Who knows.

Also leads me down the road of that Simulation theory and string theory where they found binary code in the laws of nature and a md5 hash in our DNA. Perhaps we've been in a simulation for so long that the system is starting to shut down too early or become corrupt or maybe a virus of some kind has been planted and things like Deja Vu and "time shifts" are all parts of the program being corrupt and replaying certain events or changing things entirely. Who knows, haha. Strange things are afoot lately though and I think it's only going to become more frequent.

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to know there's more than just me experiencing the world changing around me in unexplained ways.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't know if this will help or not, but here goes.

If you were born in an "even # year", Oct 2nd "1986", and this year is 2012, then on any "even year" you will be an even # of years old, example.

2012 - 1986 = 26 or 1986 + 26 = 2012

2014 - 1986 = 28 or 1986 + 28 = 2014

On all the "odd" # years you will always be an "odd" # of years old, example.

2013 - 1986 = 27 or 1986 + 27 = 2013

For me, "1961" it's just the opposite, this is an "even" year and I will be 51 on 9/11
I had to memorize that, because one year I told my brother how he was going to be a certain age (in a casual conversation) and he kept telling me he was a year younger, I told him that was impossible because we are almost exactly 3 yrs apart, him Aug 29th 1958, me Sept 11th 1961.

I hope that helps, and I got the math right

Peace

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

I had something similar occur to be me recently. I have always remembered that in 1984 I witnessed a solar eclipse from outside my 1st grade classroom. I remember that the sky went very dark for about 5 minutes or so before getting bright again. I remember still to this day how the Seagulls looked so white against the dark sky and how it kind of made me scared how strange the sky looked.

When the recent annual eclipse happened in May this year, I told my kids how awesome it was to witness a total eclipse of the sun when I was a kid. My wife said she didn't remember it, but she would have only been about 4 yrs old back then so I figured she just for got about it. So I went on-line to see when the last solar eclipse was seen in Maryland and it said 1970.

How can this be? I was born in 1978, yet have a vivid memory of an event that supposedly hasn't happened since before I was born.

I was debating on starting a thread about this experience, but I just had to post it here when I read your story.
edit on 30-5-2012 by iwan2ski because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I went a whole year thinking I was 33, until someone corrected me and made me realize I was 34. I honestly don't remember being 33, but it might be due to a number of things.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

I'm terrible with math. TERRIBLE. But that does somewhat help me to feel slightly more at ease but I still have the weird vivid memory of everything that happened that day. I'm just curious where this memory came from where I was 26 years old. My girlfriend made a suggestion that maybe I had a very lucid dream that lasted longer than normal but I don't think that's it. Either way, it's unsettling something like this could occur.

reply to post by iwan2ski

That's basically exactly like what I experienced just a different event and a rather more significant event than mine. You would think at least one person would remember that day that you experienced. You should check around that local area where you went to school and see if anyone can remember that happening. It might be nice to know that someone else had that same experience so you don't feel so alone about it. I know it helped me to learn other people had similar experiences like me. I hope you find someone or something that can help you wrap your mind around that. It's crazy.

reply to post by chrismicha77

Was it difficult for you to believe you weren't really that age and was really another age? I found it extremely difficult to come to terms that I'm really 25 and not 26. I've somewhat come to terms with it but I still also somewhat believe I'm really 26 and I just slipped into another time stream where I am actually 25 in this time.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by Fopicon

I have been having major dejavu like crazy. I keep already being places I couldn't have been before unless I already remember the future. This started about 8 months ago. I think time is speeding up. Maybe we are aproaching a point where time goes so fast we slip into eternity? and all time ever will be present at once, and closing in on that, time slips may get more common?
Same here...

I've been having some pretty crazy stuff happen in about the same timeframe (8-12 months)

I'll post about it when it's not 4:30am and am falling asleep at the keyboard.
Check back tomorrow afternoon if you're curious...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Can't wait.
Share all the experiences.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Ok guys,

Time for you to learn what isn't taught in school......

We live in a multi-universe multidimensional 3D+time/4th density reality.

We "Quantum shift" in and out of our reality using vibration/light "feeling"

Everything around us is of our own making and we knew this prior to us coming into this world. We choose the life we now live.

We are shifting into the world that each of us "synchronize" with, hence why we see more of the same thing happen with each-other.

Speaking of "now", there is no past, there is no future, there is only now. Time travel is never possible. Bummer!

Sirric

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I went a whole year thinking I was 33, until someone corrected me and made me realize I was 34. I honestly don't remember being 33, but it might be due to a number of things.

I was waiting for someone to say this.
I was reading everyone else's post thinking, why complain... you GAINED a year!! I have lost a year at least twice!

Not sure what caused me to feel that way. No drugs or alcohol, and no partying for almost 20 years. They are just gone.

To the OP...

I am not sure if there is a "glitch in the matrix" or if we just kind of lose track of time as we go through our daily lives. It seems to happen to quite a few people though. Like I said above, look on the bright side. At least you gained a year. Better than losing one!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I beleive that we have done 2012 already, but in my mind it started in December 2011. Someone has messed with time and we are back in this moment (or these moments again) I think that there is someone that knows how to play with time. I even wrote on another thread about it, I have been having major deja vu from the middle of December and still do. Something happened and someone rewound time to fix it. It was not Fukushima (obviously cos that still happened). I don't know what it is. Maybe it is connected to the so called "Zombie" attacks...maybe there is an outbreak. I dn't really beleive they are Zombies, but I am just throwing theories around. Whatever it is maybe those of us experiencing this can remember...it had to start December 2011. Wish I could remember but I can't because I was already going through some things during that time that would have kept my attention off the rest of whatever was happening with the rest of the world. It is no fun to repeat it either whoever did this SUCKS!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwan2ski
reply to post by Fopicon

I had something similar occur to be me recently. I have always remembered that in 1984 I witnessed a solar eclipse from outside my 1st grade classroom. I remember that the sky went very dark for about 5 minutes or so before getting bright again. I remember still to this day how the Seagulls looked so white against the dark sky and how it kind of made me scared how strange the sky looked.

When the recent annual eclipse happened in May this year, I told my kids how awesome it was to witness a total eclipse of the sun when I was a kid. My wife said she didn't remember it, but she would have only been about 4 yrs old back then so I figured she just for got about it. So I went on-line to see when the last solar eclipse was seen in Maryland and it said 1970.

How can this be? I was born in 1978, yet have a vivid memory of an event that supposedly hasn't happened since before I was born.

I was debating on starting a thread about this experience, but I just had to post it here when I read your story.
edit on 30-5-2012 by iwan2ski because: (no reason given)

Okay I remember this one too!!! I saw it in NJ but the search you did turned up that it only happened in 1970 once? WTH?
I was in sixth grade and I remember our entire class making eclipse boxes to "Witness" the eclipse because we were not to look at the sun and go blind. We all were going to go outside and watch, but something happened and only one box was ever finished and when we went outside we gathered around that box and I could not see crap (I was short) so I looked up at the sun (didn't go blind
) lol. But I imagine if you couldn't have seen this in MD I couldn't have in NJ?
OR, We come from the same timeline! I swear I remember this event crystal clear!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join