It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop-sign citation at 'rotary' (round-a-bout) in dark woodline near sunset, traffic trap for first

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
and then officer friendly seems like the nice guy by giving you a 'warning ' on one thing ..

i knew there was something ultra fishy about this and the more i dug into it the more crap i uncovered ...
www.youtube.com...
If the police station only gets $3 from the state of florida for the revenue the citation is supposed to create, then why the hell are they "'pooping' in their own back yard" - they pissed on me, one of the people in their area, to the point of pointing out their wrong doings .. this is a lose-lose situation ... Obviously the station is getting some kind of reward/ kickback funding for having generated certain amounts of ticket revenue or he wouldn't have been so giddy to hand out a ticket and get right back to the same traffic trap to get additional victims !!!

www.youtube.com...
KEEP RIGHT sign twisted to face N. Edgemon instead of Shepard Rd.
Citation in a police trap - street lights @ rotary don't turn on by sunset
No stop sign warning diamond

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 2bfreeliberty

Seems like a straw grab by the youtube video's contents... The second video has an approach to the roundabout and a sign clearly indicates a counterclockwise traffic flow pattern. Because the arrows point in the direction of traffic around a central point, it should be clear that it serves as an analog of the roundabout and that traffic goes to the right. A keep right sign should not be necessary in the roundabout because the other sign should serve as a detailed enough reminder. The division in the road should also be enough of a reminder to avoid it, and on the right side. In the US all traffic (unless in emergency reversals) flows to the right side, I can't understand why a reasonable person would think otherwise with a roundabout.

Also, the person filming the video mentions poor lighting especially near dusk, with lights off... If it's too dark to see, you have to turn on the lights. As far as I know, lights are even required within 30 minutes of sunrise or sunset. It seems like the cops have a good reason to be there, if people cannot follow the law of the road, then the laws need extra enforcement. This is no different than enforcing a particular stop sign or speed limit in an area where they are often ignored.

If it's really that big of a deal, a petition to remove the roundabout would be an ideal solution. Otherwise, it's not hard to follow a sign.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Mapkar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Do you really need a sign to tell you to stay on the right side of the road?

Do you really need a sign to tell you there's a stop sign ahead?

I'm all for curbing the revenue-collecting culture, but if you're really having problems with those two 'issues,' there's something wrong here besides what the police are doing

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

is it a bunch of cops monitoring here ? 2 guys immediately respond with a 'you're wrong' .. what else am i to presume ???

vids taken in broad daylight (SO YOU CAN SEE).. but the place (which never been to before) was dark but fine enough before the dark intersection not to need lights.

Sunset has alot of different definitions!

There is less sunset at that area because of the trees diming it AND the 2 story houses further blocking light ...

The street lighting is an epic fail .. www.youtube.com... 20 min AFTER sunset, they begin to kick on ....

cops normally good until that end of the month quoata comes up for them ....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

No I'm not a cop. But, I must say, regardless of the lights you should have lights on if you can't adequately see where you're going. Besides, are you not familiar with the area? Having enough time to go back and look at the scene multiple times leads me to believe you're familiar with the area. That being said, I live in the middle of nowhere, and we don't have street lights. I've managed to successfully navigate the roads for years using my headlights at night and I've always found them to be sufficient.

Also, I'd just like to note that for legal purposes we use the Civil Twilight times.

I applaud your effort to investigate the matter, but I'd take a moment to consider it without any emotional input. If you allow emotion to enter the investigation, then it's only a matter of time before the investigation is compromised.

I'm no lawyer, so don't take what is next as legit legal advice.

If you're concerned about the ticket and you'd like to have your case heard, request a bench trial. I don't believe you'll have adequate reasoning for a jury trial, but it's worth a shot if you feel you have been done wrong.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

No I'm not a cop. But, I must say, regardless of the lights you should have lights on if you can't adequately see where you're going. Besides, are you not familiar with the area? Having enough time to go back and look at the scene multiple times leads me to believe you're familiar with the area. That being said, I live in the middle of nowhere, and we don't have street lights. I've managed to successfully navigate the roads for years using my headlights at night and I've always found them to be sufficient.

**Like I said, it was plenty light enough in the area 30 seconds prior ... I was in a place I had never been before, following my TomTom GPS navigator to get me home .. having enough time to go back and look at the scene many times means i am 'in between jobs' and 'have strong emotion that the situation of ticket issuance is a
trap situation.' it is like a 'out in the country' area only a mile or two from a city intersections.
yeah i know u use the headlights at night .. the clouds were patchy .. but that area back there at the treeline is pitchblack in broad daylight and is like a black hole at night .. freddy crougar must lurk back there .. who would even want to stop with no damn street lights on !!!++???

i dont know why im talking to you .. your not the hearing officer ... and you dont even live in this area or probably in the same state .. you have different laws, weather and conditions ...

Also, I'd just like to note that for legal purposes we use the Civil Twilight times.

* there is 6 deg above horizon, 6 deg below , 18 deg (astronomical?) .. etc etc .. yes 30 min in gen. rule ..
yes, i'm guilty of not having the headlights on 30 min. before what weather.com defined as 'sunset' time .. whatever that is and i'm not sure that is the same sunset as set by law in the state statutes .. it is left up to discretion .. again, with street lights that dont come on properly there should be a warning sign for people driving through the area the 1st time ...

I applaud your effort to investigate the matter, but I'd take a moment to consider it without any emotional input. If you allow emotion to enter the investigation, then it's only a matter of time before the investigation is compromised.

*well, when was the last time you got a ticket and how are the police in your area ? police in the country are generally a lot easier going than in the city ..

I'm no lawyer, so don't take what is next as legit legal advice.

If you're concerned about the ticket and you'd like to have your case heard, request a bench trial. I don't believe you'll have adequate reasoning for a jury trial, but it's worth a shot if you feel you have been done wrong.

*i've never heard of such a thing on a traffic infraction , and i'm not a legal beagle either ..

if you have 11min .. here is a rational discussion (with another ATS member) regarding the situation ...
www.youtube.com...discussion with another ATS member on the citation
edit on 29-5-2012 by 2bfreeliberty because: forgot to add link to vid

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

i can't watch the video but ...

*i've never heard of such a thing on a traffic infraction
if you received a "moving violation/infraction", you can request a hearing.
it's strongly suggested that you read the back of your ticket, more than once, then follow the directions provided.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Do you really need a sign to tell you to stay on the right side of the road?

&& if they have them in a more pronounced and open area, why wouldnt you have them in a dark tree lined area , esp if officer friendly is stalking/monitoring/patroling ?
www.youtube.com...

Do you really need a sign to tell you there's a stop sign ahead?
&&they have them here and there's no dark tree line.. it's called a 'hidden stop sign' in this case it applies to the circumstances of before sunset with your headlights off ..
&&www.youtube.com...
I'm all for curbing the revenue-collecting culture, but if you're really having problems with those two 'issues,' there's something wrong here besides what the police are doing

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

i understand .. videos do require your nearly undevided attention ... HOWEVER ... audio .. lets you do stuff while not having to watch .... so here's my blog talk radio for you to listen to since you can do other stuff and hear ...
traffic citation - offset stop sign at rotary
u could skip the 2 min. intro to get to the discussion if you're pressed ...
its only 27 min .. apparently some background noise in the coffee shop ...
www.blogtalkradio.com...

a little less background noise on this one ... but not superb audio .... ;(

now there is good audio here with discussion with John ... (only skip 45 seconds intro)
www.blogtalkradio.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

officer recorded an earlier than accurate time on citation

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-6-2012 by 2bfreeliberty because: forgot description

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Title: EPISODE48 - my damn traffic citation
Time: 04/09/2012 08:19 PM EDT
Episode Notes: for going though a damn stop sign, in a dark, unfamiliar neighborhood with officer friendly knowing people do this who arent local and taking advantage of it !!!

www.talkshoe.com...

top topics

join