It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Emotional Support

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
After starting this thread, I have decided to make a thread JUST for people to ask for emotional support, and for people to offer such support...
I know I said I was going to wait, but decided to start it anyway. Just so it's out here for everyone to use.

As Asktheanimals said:

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This world can be a cruel and lonely place and often real life friends and family aren't available or sadly, don't care.
You can always find people here who do. Not just lip service, but people who will listen and offer experiences from their own lives that relate to your own loss. People who won't judge you either.

I couldn't agree more, hence this thread. It's almost always easier to open up and talk to a stranger than it is someone you know personally.
So, please DON'T be afraid to ask for any kind of emotional support...we WILL be here for you, and you will NOT be judged.

A list of members who are willing to help via u2u and/or this thread thus far:
(feel free to add yourself to this list by posting)
(NOTE: We are not trained professionals, but we are willing to lend an ear and offer our assistance however we can.)

*Asktheanimals
*Phantom traveller
*Rustyk
*David134
*PurpleChiten
*Nukeguy
*nightstalker78
*Lasr1oftheJedi

(When I'm unable to edit this post further, I will u2u anyone who posts in here for help with the most recent list.)
edit on 27-5-2012 by Rustyk because: added names

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustyk

Do you offer financial support?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustyk

Thanks ...Appreciated finely
edit on 26-5-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It certainly is easier sometimes opening up to stranger.I've done so a few times,though not on the internet.

I've never used ATS in that capacity but I certainly don't blame those who do.I've reached out a few times to members here when I felt that's all they needed.You can add me to that list as well

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustyk

Dear Rustyk,

F&S. We may disagree on many things on ATS, arguments occur all the time; but, when someone's mother or brother or spouse or whatever is sick or dies, the arguments mean nothing. We may disagree with one another's beliefs; but, we all know what it is to have certain pains in our lives. Our time spent on ATS debating things would mean nothing if there were not people on the end whether they agree with us or not. Good sentiment.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
my best friend told me yesterday that he has maybe AIDS and he must go to test..Iam #ing afraid. And if its true i dont know what to do with the person who did this to him.
i feel #ed up at the moment..i cant sleep well

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkullAndBeats235
my best friend told me yesterday that he has maybe AIDS and he must go to test..Iam #ing afraid. And if its true i dont know what to do with the person who did this to him.

One thing is for sure I dont know anyone who hasnt gone through that. Dome up, dont use needles.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As a life long sufferer of severe depression, I have been to the abyss and back.
Every med, holistic treatment, you name it. I have my life back and would be glad to help, share my experiences or just chat.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Great thread. There's a lot of people during these hard times who can benefit from just being heard and not bottling up the emotion advice as a great plus.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

We are no Junkies. He #ed the wrong girl...When the diagnose is positiv it let this girl suffer

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'll help if I can!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Until you get the results, the only thing you can do is pray/send positive thoughts...whatever your belief system calls for. Also, be there to listen to him, it's going to be a traumatic ride.
Fortunately, there are new treatments coming out all the time, it's no longer an immediate death sentence. If it is AIDS, he's going to need the support and patience of his friends so don't break out in violence and end up incarcerated, he needs for you to be there for him, not in jail where you can't help him.
Kharma has a way of dealing with the people who are malicious. It doesn't happen immediately, but it does happen eventually....

Rest assured that there are treatments, they don't have a cure yet, but it could be coming soon. It's still a horrible disease, but much more "treatable" than it once was. The days of unprotected sex are well behind us, but we can survive this and be stronger as a result.
edit on 26-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Please add my name to the list. I am no one special but I do listen well and have a few life experiences that might be helpful to some one. Its is things like this that make me proud to be a member of this site. S&F for you op. And my u2u is open for anyone who needs to talk.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustyk

proof ats is a real community, not just web site.

Excellent thread. I know it might not mean much, but if an ear will help, there's always one here. ^.^

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Shadow Herder

We are no Junkies. He #ed the wrong girl...When the diagnose is positiv it let this girl suffer

Calm down dude. Wait until the test results come back before you get upset.

From this post i'm getting you're wanting the girl to suffer...why? How do you know she knew she had it? Don't you think she'd be just as devastated to learn she has it?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I agree,ATS is good. I dont know many like minded people in my life. I am likely to get into a fist fight and have over the topics I discuss on ATS.

Emotional support can be a simple as finding a post/thread that you can relate to. It gives you comfort to know that you are not the only person in the world that feels the way that you do.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

I agree with Chiten here, WAIT....until you and he know what the results are you can't do anything but be there for each other.
As for her, just leave her to her own devices. She is going to have to deal with this as well, and if you all don't get along then you need to remain separated. If you can get along, be there for her too, she is probably suffering just as much as you guys are.
I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope things turn out for the best. As another stated, there are treatments out there. So keep your spirits up and do keep us informed (me at least). Don't be afraid to message me if you need anything.
Take care!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustyk

Very much apreciated for the offer, but luckily I am more mentally stable than most folks.
Escpecially considering there are many on meds.

In general, I'd worry about folks who would seek mental help in an online forum.
Careful what you say or type, it can and will be held against you.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I discourage seeking of MENTAL help here. I am offering EMOTIONAL support. When things get rough, it can be nice to just vent, and be heard. To know you aren't alone.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustyk
reply to post by g146541

I discourage seeking of MENTAL help here. I am offering EMOTIONAL support. When things get rough, it can be nice to just vent, and be heard. To know you aren't alone.

Tomato, Tomahto.
Potato, Potahto.
I'd be careful "venting" to even my close friends yet alone doing it online.
Some people are truly alone nothing can be done about that, even with all of the "I'm here for yous" in the world.
I just want to caution folks on what they'd be willing to type into their collection box.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join