It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Is Now (Officially) Spying on Your Internet Activity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The FBI Is Now (Officially) Spying on Your Internet Activity

gizmodo.com

According to Declan McCullough, the National Domestic Communications Assistance Center has a mandate to try and crack skype conversations, analyze internet traffic data, and build wiretapping hardware. But its not for investigations of its own; the goal is to develop new technologies to help make it easier for other law enforcement agencies to spy on us.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You might as well delete the word "privacy" from the internet because your walking in the nude and everything you do online is expose. Now people will have to watch what they say over skype conversations, phones conversations or anything that requires you to push a button to " I Agree " to the terms of conditions of you don't have any privacy rights over your so-call technology.

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Skype has been cracked ofr over a year so they don't have to try to hard to spy on it.

Skype Protocol Cracked
Security researcher publishes reverse engineered source code in the wake of reports that Middle Eastern governments have Skype-eavesdropping tools.
www.informationweek.com...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ah yes children. The Big bad FBI is at it again. Word of advice. never post anything you dont want to share. Period. It works very well.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Ha,

I shudder to think what they'll find if they tap into my internet stream. Probably just a lot of lolcat pics and vids of guys getting hit in the nether regions (although I am starting to rethink that subscription to dwarvesanddonkeys.com).

edit on 26/5/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

But When Microsoft bought Skype they implemented a backdoor into it for authorities.

If Skype does go open source, then look to more secure encryption with AES etc to be implemented.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is nothing new and nothing to be outraged about. The FBI has a job to do and surveillance is a very important part of it. The way I view these news is by asking myself what kind of powers would I want if I were working for the FBI? Obviously having the power to monitor internet traffic would be at the top of my wishlist.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yes, they are looking things over, Words such as:

Link to list of Words Monitored by the government agencies (even longer)

Assassination
Attack
Domestic security
Drill
Exercise
Cops
Law enforcement
Authorities
Disaster assistance
Disaster management
DNDO (Domestic Nuclear Detection Office)
National preparedness
Mitigation
Prevention
Response
Recovery
Dirty Bomb
Domestic nuclear detection
Emergency management
Emergency response
First responder
Homeland security
Maritime domain awareness (MDA)
National preparedness initiative
Militia
Shooting
Shots fired
Evacuation
Deaths
Hostage
Explosion (explosive)
Police
Disaster medical assistance team (DMAT)
Organized crime
Gangs
National security
State of emergency
Security
Breach
Threat
Standoff
SWAT
Screening
Lockdown
Bomb (squad or threat)
Crash
Looting
Riot
Emergency Landing
Pipe bomb
Incident
Facility

Boy, am I ever in trouble now...
edit on 25-5-2012 by SoulVisions because: Fixed link.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh, by the way, here is a link to their plans on incorporating new technologies into their web.

Space weapons / Anonymous / Afghan war plans

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
According to RT

... the FBI is pissed that wiretapping isn’t as easy as it used to be.

“The foremost challenge confronting US law enforcement is the diminishing ability to conduct lawful electronic intercepts on current and emerging communications technologies as communications providers continue to offer new and improved services and features to customers,” continues the report. “Addressing this issue is critical to maintain law enforcement’s ability to conduct lawful criminal intercepts.”

This makes it sound like they're trying their darndest to conduct unlawful searches if it takes too long to get a warrant.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
"It is important to point out that the NDCAC will not be responsible for the actual execution of any electronic surveillance court orders and will not have any direct operational or investigative role in investigations. It will provide the technical knowledge and referrals in response to law enforcement's requests for technical assistance." From the source.

You might as well take "FBI" out of the sensationalist headline. The "spying," at least as mentioned in this article, will be performed by other agencies or local police. It may not change your analysis much, I don't know, but someday, in some universe, accuracy will matter.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Does it not frighten you MORE that the FBI created a task force specifically to HELP local cops spy on citizens?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
They have been doing this since echelon went online.

If you can transmit a communication through a commercial device, they can monitor it.

The only secure conversation you can have now a day is in your head.

And I am sure that is being worked on as we speak.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I've heard of Skype but what is it? Is that like yahoo chat? I've never used it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Probably spying on me then since I wrote a story that contained almost all of those words lol

My brother and I constantly have conversations about conspiracy topics and all that goes with it, and we can just ell when the monitoring kicks in (old fashioned landlines lol)

Whenever we sense it, we just say, "Pleasant day to ya agents! You know you can join the conversation if you'd like... just pick up the line" lol then go on talking.

And yeah I know its recorded but it's still fun to do

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

a telephone, webcam and IRC service all in one.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I guess "The Stand" by Stephen King put him on all sorts of watch lists.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Meh. Don't worry about it. Worst I've had was when I was texting to my ex about an invention I was working on. Got home and had 6 squad cars waiting there. I'm actually serious. Texted I wasn't going home, waited a couple hours and they dispersed. That's how it goes. If they want you, they'll find you. This was about a year or so ago. Bet they'd freak if they knew whats up anymore.

edit: let me add I haven't "built" anything for a bit. Don't need people knocking on the door because of a forum post.
edit on 26-5-2012 by SoulVisions because: sigh.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404

I guess "The Stand" by Stephen King put him on all sorts of watch lists.

No doubt.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

its too bad it took them so long im happy its started.

there are lots of people that dont deserve freedom...
edit on 26-5-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join