It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seized from smugglers, the leather-bound 'gospel' which Iran claims will bring down Christianity a

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i wont believe it until I can read it for my self in all its uncensored glory.

Neither will ever happen.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
seriously, how many threads are there on this topic

Thats what i was thinking. When i saw the title my initial reaction was...

"Oh God, here we go again...".

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

also barnbe (sp?) did not live 500 years, and their would of been a copy found of this before iran found it.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

OK then. Which of the gospels in the Bible was actually written by a disciple?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

uhhh you can take that account into your consideration and keep thinking that barnabas lived for 600 Years.
Apparently barnabas became godlike in age while the other christains were martyr

at the end i think i know what you are doing. Trying to find a unified principal, connection, with Christianity and Islam. Well the fact iof the matter is that Islam woreship a man (as with catholics who pray to saints to deliever the prayer to God) compared to Christ teaching of serving for God (and also if you believe in the idea that Christ was God incarnate man)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

uhhh you can take that account into your consideration and keep thinking that barnabas lived for 600 Years.
Apparently barnabas became godlike in age while the other christains were martyr

Why do you keep saying Barnabas lived for 600 years?

Which of Gospels was written by a disciple? Do you know? None of them. So their age has no bearing on writings of the Bible

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Another "hidden" book which will bring down the Bible..

You wish!!!

Test it for truth... and you will find it fails

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203

Another "hidden" book which will bring down the Bible..

You wish!!!

Test it for truth... and you will find it fails

Your assumption is wrong. Why would I want to "bring down" the Bible? That would be a grandiose ambition and immoral thing to want.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath

Which of Gospels was written by a disciple? Do you know? None of them. So their age has no bearing on writings of the Bible

Yes we have copies of what was written.

Btw do you think a rabbi such as Jesus was gonna let his 12 not write>

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

seriously, how many threads are there on this topic

Thats what i was thinking. When i saw the title my initial reaction was...

"Oh God, here we go again...".

Could be worse. Imagine if someone unearthed secret documents at the BBC, call them the "Nation-Cusak papers" which conclusively prove that the Daleks are REAL... I'd be among the first to panic.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I must agree Jack, as well as his energy signature which still keeps the wheel of Dharma moving after over 2500 years. In the future Christianity may have to face some deep truths which lie diametrically opposed to many of the things they have been endoctrinated to understand from past, but true faith will always continue to see the light .

While at a UFO conference, one of the main topics at hand in each conversation I walked past eavesdropping on, spoke about their connection to Jesus and discovering fellowship and validation that they were not being lead astray by being interested in UFOlogy as a whole.

You know many see Jesus as the 'rock' or the 'foundation' of their faith and as you well know after any disaster be it earth quake or tornado, tsunami, the foundation is always intact.

I do not think that even the most telling of discoveries will drastically change a solid foundation be it Christianity or other.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath

Yes we have copies of what was written.

Btw do you think a rabbi such as Jesus was gonna let his 12 not write>

Jesus was not a rabbi, he did not go to a yeshiva and he did not have rabbinical instruction. The disciples were illiterate fishermen and as it customary in an age when 90% were illiterate, the gospel was transmitted orally .

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You do know teacher means/is rabbi.

and i guess you haven't read hte bible in awhile. Rabbi does pop up

Please let the big boys play

John 3 : 2: he came to jesus at night and said Rabbi we know you are a teacher who has come from God. for no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him

The basic of education is not just Torah teaching, but also writing and reading, fundamental in those times. And I don't really care if you bring up Acts position of the 12 being illiterate

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You do know teacher means/is rabbi.

and i guess you haven't read hte bible in awhile. Rabbi does pop up

Please let the big boys play

John 3 : 2: he came to jesus at night and said Rabbi we know you are a teacher who has come from God. for no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him

The basic of education is not just Torah teaching, but also writing and reading, fundamental in those times. And I don't really care if you bring up Acts position of the 12 being illiterate

You are playing word games now.

You said Jesus was a rabbi and I disagreed. Then you turn around and said rabbi means teacher therefore Jesus is a rabbi.

Most people take the view that rabbis teach the Torah and Talmud and Jesus taught the Gospel.

By your logic, my maths teacher is also a rabbi!

BTW so what if the Bible has the word 'rabbi'. It does prove your case.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I think you need to understand that Rabbis taught reading and writing , thus being a teacher,

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
More cheap Iranian Posturing.............Ho Hum who cares..............didnt Christ warn about things like this?
What the MAN said ..............nothing added......nothing taken away.........

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

History is not devoid of mentions of Jesus. Get your facts straight!

The complete works of Josephus, a Jewish historian mentions Jesus. Here are a few other non-Christian texts that mention Jesus.

Lucian, satirist and playwright of the second century
Pliny the Younger, (62?-c.113) Governor of Bithynia
Seutonius, Roman historian and contemporary of Tacitus
Tacitus, Roman historian writing early in the 2nd century A.D
The Talmud , acknowledges Jesus' historicity by speaking against Him, thereby providing positive evidence that Jesus did exist.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

"OK then. Which of the gospels in the Bible was actually written by a disciple?"

Mathew and John we apostles, Luke and Mark were disciples. Actually all were disciples, which indicates they were followers or adherants to His doctrine.

As for the Rabbi question, Jesus is a High Priest after the order of Melchizedek. He had to be 30 to serve in the Passover as a priest, He had to serve three years before he could offer the sacrifice (30,31,32) which He accomplished, and then He offered Himself.
edit on 5/26/2012 by zachi because: Additional information and clarification

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not sure why this is "news"..

There are already known copies of the "Gospel of Barnabas" that were written in Spanish and Italian, dating from the 15th/16th centuries which also stated that Jesus wasn't killed, rose to heaven alive and mentioned Mohammed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Not sure why this is "news"..

There are already known copies of the "Gospel of Barnabas" that were written in Spanish and Italian, dating from the 15th/16th centuries which also stated that Jesus wasn't killed, rose to heaven alive and mentioned Mohammed.

en.wikipedia.org...

i've already read the whole thing, liong time ago

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zachi
reply to post by CaptainLJB

History is not devoid of mentions of Jesus. Get your facts straight!

The complete works of Josephus, a Jewish historian mentions Jesus. Here are a few other non-Christian texts that mention Jesus.

Lucian, satirist and playwright of the second century
Pliny the Younger, (62?-c.113) Governor of Bithynia
Seutonius, Roman historian and contemporary of Tacitus
Tacitus, Roman historian writing early in the 2nd century A.D
The Talmud , acknowledges Jesus' historicity by speaking against Him, thereby providing positive evidence that Jesus did exist.

These things were written Long after the supposed existence of Jesus.
Jesus was never an historical person, but a myth.
For that matter, the Bible is not a history book but a collection of myths.
Might as well say that Zeus was a real flesh-and-blood man, too.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join