It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why America should have some kind of voter test of both means and intelligence....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Beanskinner

Nope

We don't have any problems accepting new ideas people need the get the current ideas right before they push forward with new ones.
edit on 25-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

And what if old and current ideas are not working?

Like slavery for example?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I will see your test and raise you this...

I think people should pay $1,000 to vote. We need the money. Those who can't afford to vote, can't vote.

Those who can, they pay to vote, and since it never matters who you vote for anyways, those who should pay more taxes will gladly pay this tax and see it as a privilege and insist that it be raised!

And limit campaign spending.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
yup that durned entitlement mentality
here is where it came from
also explains why all these rigtwingconservatives want you to:

"get a job"

keep falling for all the divisive social issues
while the real criminals slip out the back door

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't mean to start a topic then bail but I have had some issues at the dairy farm I own.

Thank you all for the replies -

I will respond later this evening I am taking the family out for some much needed relaxation. Well, them and my neighbors who helped with the emergency. Steakhouse for everyone....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner
Those people are lost... But at the same time I don't think

Their bad behavior is a reason to end programs

That help people in legitimate need.

Agreed, there are some who have a legitimate need for welfare – the teen mom who needs a leg up etc. However, the problem is that we hand out the money with no strings attached. In the example I cited the young woman (and man by the way) has demonstrated they can’t behave responsibly when it comes to sex. So why not place a stipulation on the benefit? Madam, if you wish help from the taxpayers we are glad to help you out, I mean a mistake is a mistake so here is this novo-ring thing that goes in your arm will prevent pregnancy for 5 years. You submit to that, and we’ll help you out – if not you are on your own. Or name the baby Daddy so we can hit him up for support.

We gladly hand out money for the first kid, then more for the second and third etc., that is not help that is insanity. Continually underwriting bad decision making will never change the behavior.

No one wants to put people back in chains or anything but seriously wouldn’t some kind of general information test about the candidates and the issues at the ballot box weed out the idiots on both sides of the D/R dichotomy who have no real idea what either platform is proposing?

Also, as far as a means test – IMO one who doesn’t have a stake in the process (i.e. those who don’t pay income tax at all (some 48-50% of the population, yeah they pay SS and Medicare tax and local sales tax but some with earned income credit are getting more back than they will ever pay) shouldn’t be able to vote a party into power who promises to simply give them more money from those who do.

It would be like me as a business owner allowing all the people in the mail room have an equal vote to the board and share holders who risk their capitol in making financial decisions for the company. Sure – they’d vote for raises and more vacation and more benefits etc., but only until the company went bankrupt. Difference is the company can’t just print it’s own money to hide the issue.

Our company is bankrupt - if we were a corperation with income and debt statements like the US gov't no bank in thier right mind would loan us another dime. Yet the printing press rolls on....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

While the OP video is indeed deplorable, everyone here needs to see this video. I find this video even worse to be honest. Some of these guys are collecting benefits while they are calling those who collect lazy. Somehow, they are entitled, but no one else is I suppose. I don't understand what makes them tick.

I just watched it again and I have to say it.
- These people are downright stupid. They're all speaking about things on which they know nothing about yet have the strongest opinions. At least the one guy was honest and said he hates black ppl. The rest are just a sad sad bunch and I hope neither video is indicative of the majority of voters. I don't think they are, but they do indeed show just how stupid so many people are from both sides.
edit on 27-5-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

A "Bill Maher" video !!!!!

Don't you think there is at least a small chance that video was "produced" ???

It smells of Hollywood.

edit on May-27-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

It smells of Hollywood.

No. A woman whos name I forget did two of them. One the OP posted and the other I put up. Shes explicitly states in both that she did no screening at all. All the people were random and she did not edit anything out. What you see is what you get.
Why is my video a "Bill Maher video, but not the OP's?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Originally posted by xuenchen

It smells of Hollywood.

No. A woman whos name I forget did two of them. One the OP posted and the other I put up. Shes explicitly states in both that she did no screening at all. All the people were random and she did not edit anything out. What you see is what you get.
Why is my video a "Bill Maher video, but not the OP's?

""Why is my video a "Bill Maher video, but not the OP's?""

I thought it was ??

And yes I believe the woman -100%

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

But you believe Obama is Muslim and Malcom X's son?

You believe half of Americans pay no income tax and receive Gov benefits

You believe OWS is a terrorist thug organization aimed at turning the USA into a communist haven

Yet you don't believe either of this woman's videos (which you obviously didn't watch) Those are reall people who vote, They're scary.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

But you believe Obama is Muslim and Malcom X's son?

You believe half of Americans pay no income tax and receive Gov benefits

You believe OWS is a terrorist thug organization aimed at turning the USA into a communist haven

Yet you don't believe either of this woman's videos (which you obviously didn't watch) Those are reall people who vote, They're scary.

All the Obama "Theories" are possible.

And although Alexandra Pelosi is talented, I think she likes to make fiction look real.

Just like her Mother.

Alexandra C. Pelosi (born October 5, 1970)[1] is an American journalist, documentary filmmaker, and writer based in New York City. She is the daughter of Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi and Paul Pelosi.[2] Like her mother, Pelosi is a Democrat.

Alexandra Pelosi

btw, how many Americans do pay income tax and do receive Gov benefits ?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

This is why we need entitlement reform in America – these are the individuals lining p to take the money you work hard to make to provide food for your own children….

take the money you work hard

I agree, the gangsters hoodlums who steal billions and trillions of dollars 'EVERY MONTH'...'EVERY YEAR'> from the hard working American citizens of the USA should be ashamed of them selves.

However, what can you do to stop them, nothing!
You send then to Scholl, you dress them, you feed them, and give them the best education available for an America, and what do they do! They sit on there ass, and just fool the hell out of every body in America ,and IT will go down in history as the lazy stealing savages ever born on this planet.

I love this thread because it explains the abuse of the system in which these savage low life scum find it to always take take, take, and think they are so cool to steal and rob from the hard working people of this continent.

This is why we need entitlement reform in America

50 billion...SAD..Just pathetic

every body steals from the goverment in some way...'EVERY BODY'

'INTELLEGENT PEOPLE STEAL WAY MORE FROM THE GOVERMENT THEN THE AVERAGE DUMMY'

edit on 27-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't claim to know exactly how many Americans pay income tax or receive assistance.

What I do know is that 50% for either is laughable.

I was joking about the Obama stuff. I always get a kick out of your posts in those threads.

Thats right it was Alexandra Pelosi. Well if she was willing to visit both sides of the spectrum with both videos, is it not likely that she made them sans bias? It's not as if she made just 1 video in an attempt to make a group look bad while being a hack. I think her intentions were genuine. To take a look at both sides and see how truly sad the extremes on both are. I think she discovered a lot. That we are a nation full of morons.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
so a sample of 7 people is sufficent for you ? 7 people intentionally screened and used to make a point ?

don't you think the producers of the clips approached people likely to give them good sound bites ?

intelligence indeed

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

While the OP video is indeed deplorable, everyone here needs to see this video. I find this video even worse to be honest. Some of these guys are collecting benefits while they are calling those who collect lazy. Somehow, they are entitled, but no one else is I suppose. I don't understand what makes them tick.

I just watched it again and I have to say it.
- These people are downright stupid. They're all speaking about things on which they know nothing about yet have the strongest opinions. At least the one guy was honest and said he hates black ppl. The rest are just a sad sad bunch and I hope neither video is indicative of the majority of voters. I don't think they are, but they do indeed show just how stupid so many people are from both sides.

You will get no argument from me here - none of these people would pass a test on the proper role and function of the US government. They also are likely from the same group albeit of a different ethnic background than the ones in the first video. I think this video (the one you posted) was also from the same show. I dislike Mharr's (sp) politics to be blunt but for the most part I think he is not afraid to point out a rotten apple without regard to the letter on its barrel. I’ll caveat that with he does seem to have a bit of a man crush on Obama.

Stupid people shouldn't be able to vote - period.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, if there was an intelligence test for voting, that would get rid of about half the democrats and...well...90% of the republicans. It would definitely be easier to have elections.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Great post!

It's all a white collar mafia.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Great post!

A thief and a liar is one regardless of his method (point of gun, omission, fraud or whatever) - my thread is about a means and intelligence test for voting privilege in the US. I would in a perfect world also require military service for the right to vote as well. With some exceptions allowed for the pacifist or religious objector or skilled medical personnel to serve in a civilian type national disaster response type organization.

I agree whole heartedly that there are many a liar and thief of treasury funds who are both well educated intelligent and wholly corrupt. I am also for entitlement reform for the corporations who rob the treasury, farmers who do so, and every other special interest group who does the same. All are just a reprehensible as the people in the videos. Perhaps even worse because they know what they are doing is ruining the country.

However, again this thread was about how dangerous it is to have stupid lazy people vote in a large block.

The danger from the greedy and well educated does not come from their vote in large numbers en mass like the stupid and lazy to effect change it comes from their ability to buy (with large amounts of cash) influence through campaign donations and lobbyists.

That is a separate but equally dangerous problem.

The two are not mutually exclusive - one might cost more than the other, but they are both a drain on the treasury and a cancer on our republic. Both can and do exist and one does not justify the other.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Great post!

A thief and a liar is one regardless of his method (point of gun, omission, fraud or whatever) - my thread is about a means and intelligence test for voting privilege in the US. I would in a perfect world also require military service for the right to vote as well. With some exceptions allowed for the pacifist or religious objector or skilled medical personnel to serve in a civilian type national disaster response type organization.

I agree whole heartedly that there are many a liar and thief of treasury funds who are both well educated intelligent and wholly corrupt. I am also for entitlement reform for the corporations who rob the treasury, farmers who do so, and every other special interest group who does the same. All are just a reprehensible as the people in the videos. Perhaps even worse because they know what they are doing is ruining the country.

However, again this thread was about how dangerous it is to have stupid lazy people vote in a large block.

The danger from the greedy and well educated does not come from their vote in large numbers en mass like the stupid and lazy to effect change it comes from their ability to buy (with large amounts of cash) influence through campaign donations and lobbyists.

That is a separate but equally dangerous problem.

The two are not mutually exclusive - one might cost more than the other, but they are both a drain on the treasury and a cancer on our republic. Both can and do exist and one does not justify the other.

I have to confess, your post has really confused me. On one hand you espouse a philosophy that I think can be described as anti plutocracy, and then you espouse a philosophy of being a pronate of a plutocratic system within the same post.

farmers who do so, and every other special interest group who does the same.

Farmers? Even grassroot special interests that are not backed by billionaires, or big corporately funded?

I might be better able to understand your point which you are attempting to convey to me if you can define the demographic you are alluding to when you state

Who are these "stupid lazy people" that "vote in a large block?"
edit on 28-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Well, if there was an intelligence test for voting, that would get rid of about half the democrats and...well...90% of the republicans. It would definitely be easier to have elections.

I substitute teach as a military retiree and I can tell you - regardless of thier affiliation the upcoming generation is generally clueless when it comes to thier role and responsibility as citizens. I'd say 90% of both groups...

They know little or nothing about current events - as a test once in a social studies class I had them look for Iraq and Afghanistan on the world map. 4 out of 12 kids got 1 or the other only 1 got both. (Small rural school - small classes.) They all know who Jay-z is or Paris Hilton and that Snooker was with child.

Awesome!

If only we voted on Snookie's sexual habits we'd be golden.

Subbing for a gym class I had a kid sit down during a game of kickball...

Stand-up, I say. Jim doesn't make us he says....

Who the hell is Jim I ask....

The gym teacher... (Really, first names with teachers...)

Oh, enough said... no respect for authority either. Scary.

I told the kid (a total fat ass - I mean 100lbs over weight) if he couldn't manage to stand for 30 minutes of gym how'd he expect to work?

Oh, I'm going to have a management job where I don't have to do physical labor.... (I looked at his grades D, F, C, B, (in gym ironically) and D. Sure he’s definitely an over achiever.

Right you'll be lucky to work at KFC if you can't follow basic instructions I say...

Beauty of being a sub is I can say what I think...then send them to the office for a zero for the day.

Problem is – neither the kid nor the administration care.

edit on 28/5/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join