It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why America should have some kind of voter test of both means and intelligence....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Who are these "stupid lazy people" that "vote in a large block?"
edit on 28-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

Good question Buddy! ...I'd say at least 60% of the voting public from both sides (more from the republican side than democrat side of course ...but not much more! )

Do you read his answer?

Originally posted by Golf66
I am talking about the urban and rural poor and uneducated who think that more government – especially a government who can give them what they think is “free money” to make their lives more comfortable. They don’t have the intellect to comprehend the “free money” is either taken from their successful neighbors or printed (borrowed) out of thin air making the money worth less and less.

Do you find it a little bit racist sounding? He may had as well used the term "welfare queen."

I can see where it could be... but around this area, the "welfare queen" concept goes way beyond race. Every race we have participates in the mentality unfortunately. It's a little different in rural areas than urban areas. In the urban areas, that concept is thrown around to indicate people of color but in rural areas, it's used more to indicate "redneck hillbillies" for lack of a better term. I guess that seeing it on both ends of the racial spectrum took the racial quality out of it for me, but understand that's not always the case for any given area.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That first part sounds a little raciest to me. Do you recognize why it might sound racist?

No but I do realize it makes it easier to dismiss if you think it so. I think if you consider the urban poor to be only minorities - you may have the race issue not me.

I said rural poor as - like I think the people in the second video from Alabama or wherever (incidentally like the rural poor where I live in a county with 98.5 Caucasian demographic) and the urban poor.

I think you saw urban poor - had the gut reaction RACIST assuming I mean black when I said it and dismissed the rest. If I would have meant black or another minority I would have just said it. I am not afraid. I meant the urban poor and uneducated - black, white, red, and green.....

Why then did you state urban and rural poor, and not just say, "the poor?" What other areas are there where the poor live? Prison? What?

Here are the facts regarding the rural poor, or "nonmetro" poor as stated in this objective report/paper> www.ers.usda.gov...

I'm pretty sure you are fully aware what you were doing by stating "urban and rural." By doing so is not being objective and all inclusive as you would want to lead me and others to believe, it's called "race baiting." Any rational mind can recognize it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Good question Buddy! ...I'd say at least 60% of the voting public from both sides (more from the republican side than democrat side of course ...but not much more! )

Do you read his answer?

I am talking about the urban and rural poor and uneducated who think that more government – especially a government who can give them what they think is “free money” to make their lives more comfortable. They don’t have the intellect to comprehend the “free money” is either taken from their successful neighbors or printed (borrowed) out of thin air making the money worth less and less.

Do you find it a little bit racist sounding? He may had as well used the term "welfare queen."

I can see where it could be... but around this area, the "welfare queen" concept goes way beyond race. Every race we have participates in the mentality unfortunately. It's a little different in rural areas than urban areas. In the urban areas, that concept is thrown around to indicate people of color but in rural areas, it's used more to indicate "redneck hillbillies" for lack of a better term. I guess that seeing it on both ends of the racial spectrum took the racial quality out of it for me, but understand that's not always the case for any given area.

My point is that he is using code words and phrases for race. He could had just said the poor. He didn't have to be specific where the poor live. There are no other areas outside a urban or rural setting where people can live.

I notice Fox News does it all the time. They act like they are being all inclusive when then specify locations of where the poor live. Urban poor has become a metaphor for "black welfare queens." It's why in that report I posted a link to in my last post uses the term "metro" and "nometro." It's making an attempt to lose the urban and rural poor/poverty terms. It's going to take time to cultivate away from the traditional terms, but it has to be done because the establishment right has a habit of hijacking such terms and turning them into race baiting code words and phrases.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Beanskinner

kids are not smart, it is like throwing money away.

Millons abuse social programs designed not to give a hand up but nothing but a hand out that is throwing money away.

Take a good look at social engineering aint so pretty and throwing billions via social engineering is killing innocents.

Those people are a product of liberal ideology.
edit on 25-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Education is investing in the future.

It's not throwing money away.

Education is fundamental to a prosperous and functional society.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

Ideally, education is investing in the future, but due to the high percentage of hard-left, intellectually defective and emotionally damaged teachers in US public schools, current public education is sabotaging our future. As faculty at a "teaching" university, I can tell you that only about 20% of incoming freshmen are capable of freshman-level work, and about 50% of those who are come from Catholic schools.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Golf66

Damn...The African American humans just came out of slavery, what...in the 1960s…and this is the year 2012.

52 years...Just 52 years...52 years...not a 100 years, not 200 years, not 300 years, not 400 years, but 52 lousy little years of so called freedom for these people and people of other races think its easy to start a new teaching of the new world in 52 years.

I never in my existence on this earth ever figured this myth… Legend type transformation of a slaved race to become better or prosper in such a short span of time and equality…‘that is not and never will be more than?’

Slavery ended in 1863, but the reprecussions and racism were horrendous until the 1960's, and still rears its ugly head (
edit on 28-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

I tried to put it lightly..sugar coat the 60s aspect,but..slavery never ended,it was just written down on paper and twisted into whats going on today.

Do you know how many felons will be glad to work,and bring home a pay check but cant, because of felon on your record.do you no how many felons there are in the usa that could help the economy by getting a job.

i love the cherry picking videos of what and how a person thinks...its funny.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Do you read his answer?

My point is that he is using code words and phrases for race. He could had just said the poor. He didn't have to be specific where the poor live. There are no other areas outside a urban or rural setting where people can live.

I notice Fox News does it all the time. They act like they are being all inclusive when then specify locations of where the poor live. Urban poor has become a metaphor for "black welfare queens." It's why in that report I posted a link to in my last post uses the term "metro" and "nometro." It's making an attempt to lose the urban and rural poor/poverty terms. It's going to take time to cultivate away from the traditional terms, but it has to be done because the establishment right has a habit of hijacking such terms and turning them into race baiting code words and phrases.

You have a good point, just saying "poor" would have covered it

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by taskforce4256

Ideally, education is investing in the future, but due to the high percentage of hard-left, intellectually defective and emotionally damaged teachers in US public schools, current public education is sabotaging our future. As faculty at a "teaching" university, I can tell you that only about 20% of incoming freshmen are capable of freshman-level work, and about 50% of those who are come from Catholic schools.

I disagree. 20 to 50 years ago, there was a majority of left-leaning teachers. In today's age, there is a vast majority of right-leaning teachers. That's most likely what accounts for the poor performance of the incoming freshmen. The teaching standards were lowered, now education is filled with 'conservatives' and it's going to hell in a handbasket

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Golf66

Damn...The African American humans just came out of slavery, what...in the 1960s…and this is the year 2012.

52 years...Just 52 years...52 years...not a 100 years, not 200 years, not 300 years, not 400 years, but 52 lousy little years of so called freedom for these people and people of other races think its easy to start a new teaching of the new world in 52 years.

I never in my existence on this earth ever figured this myth… Legend type transformation of a slaved race to become better or prosper in such a short span of time and equality…‘that is not and never will be more than?’

Slavery ended in 1863, but the reprecussions and racism were horrendous until the 1960's, and still rears its ugly head (

I tried to put it lightly..sugar coat the 60s aspect,but..slavery never ended,it was just written down on paper and twisted into whats going on today.

Do you know how many felons will be glad to work,and bring home a pay check but cant, because of felon on your record.do you no how many felons there are in the usa that could help the economy by getting a job.

i love the cherry picking videos of what and how a person thinks...its funny.

If working was their main concern and goal, chances are, they wouldn't be felons to begin with.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

If working was their main concern and goal, chances are, they wouldn't be felons to begin with.

Thats easy to say huh?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Bodhi7

Yeah be my guess that person worked his butt off and studied and paid back his loans instead of collecting welfare.

Schools give anyone a degree those who can do those who can't just whine about it.

I don't know if I am the only one who sees the irony in you talking about dumb people.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thats easy to say huh?

95% of the time, it's right on the money

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure you are fully aware what you were doing by stating "urban and rural." By doing so is not being objective and all inclusive as you would want to lead me and others to believe, it's called "race baiting." Any rational mind can recognize it.

No - I simply stated the urban and rural poor to be inclusive of all the poor. To assume you know anything about me based on my word choice is in a word - arrogant. Any person who doesn't buy into the PC claptrap you are spewing would recognize that.

I didn't mention race at all in my posts - you are the one who brought up the issue of race and made some claims that I was doing it in some kind of "code". I don't use code - I just say what I mean.

If I wanted to state something as being about race I would. I have plenty of discussions on ATS about race and intelligence, race and behavior and race and genetic predisposition to certain behavioral patterns.

I would just say I don't think blacks should vote if that is what I thought. I have an issue with as you called them "welfare queens" of all races. Here there are welfare queens who live on large tracts of land and get their welfare from the USDA to not plant crops or subsidies to plant certain types of crops. People too stupid to realize they are stealing money from their neighbors and their descendants.

Where I live I can name every person of color on one hand - none are "welfare queens". Where I live all the welfare queens happen to be white.

Perhaps you have some issue with race. To bring race into the issue at all is "race baiting".

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I can vouche for LilDude, he's not a racist at all and there was just miscommunication there. You're both on the same side on that particular issue. It's better to work together than to work against one another.

Shake hands and make up?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I can vouche for LilDude, he's not a racist at all and there was just miscommunication there. You're both on the same side on that particular issue. It's better to work together than to work against one another.

Shake hands and make up?

You know - I agree. I think he/she and I are in agreement on a good many things. However, I do not like being called a racist closet or otherwise. The word is so missused today...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Shake hands and make up?

You know - I agree. I think he/she and I are in agreement on a good many things. However, I do not like being called a racist closet or otherwise. The word is so missused today...

Hopefully when he signs back on, the two of you can find middle ground and mutually apologize for any misunderstandings and we can move forward. Thanks for understanding.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It's why in that report I posted a link to in my last post uses the term "metro" and "nometro." It's making an attempt to lose the urban and rural poor/poverty terms. It's going to take time to cultivate away from the traditional terms, but it has to be done because the establishment right has a habit of hijacking such terms and turning them into race baiting code words and phrases.

As far as me using words from the establishment right - while some would assume because of my profession I am right wing conservative actually I score (on those political plot tests) as socially liberal. I believe gays should be able to marry and have families, I don't do god and while I don't really want it institutionalized It doesn't vex me to see a cross on a memorial or to hear a prayer at a public event (it means something to a lot of people and I'm not afraid seeing or hearing it will make me suddenly believe different.).

I believe a woman can choose what is best for her with regard to her reproductive options, I don't think gays in the military is such a great idea simply from a leadership and logistical standpoint based on personal experience.

I am libertarian on some issues I suppose - legalize drugs the war on drugs is a monument to government failure, get the federal government out of the business of education - leave it up to the local and State authorities (what is good for the urban core is not good for the rural areas, dump the FED, and go back to limiting the federal government to the specifically enumerated powers. The EPA needs to be castrated and limited to all but some basic authority to protect the environment.

I am decidedly right wing on fiscal issues - a balanced budget is a must (families live on one, businesses do, why can’t the government). I believe in a strong robust and well funded military - hell of all reasons the federal government has the authority to collect taxes common defense is the one most clearly listed in the constitution.

Get rid of all, and I mean all government assistance to corporations (who are not persons), other nations and make getting welfare and other entitlements for the poor very restrictive in nature. I think we should help the mentally ill and the handicapped and such and forever but I don't think they should have reproductive rights. The mentally ill shouldn't reproduce - period.

Further - I don't think we should help the stupid and lazy who make poor decisions even if those decisions affect their offspring. Help them once, for a limited time; they make repetitive errors of same type - write them off for Darwin awards. Help a teen (or an unemployed) mom/dad for one kid with housing, food and job training sure but during the time of being helped mandatory birth control, drug testing and such. Also, the baby Daddy must be named - DNA. Or even the suspects if the woman is so morally bankrupt as to not know who. If a man continues to create more offspring than he can support - sterilize him too.

If one wants to ask for the benefits you submit to the restrictions. After all they don't have to take the assistance.

I am most decidedly right when it comes to crime and punishment (taking out drug offences would go a long way to limiting prisons to real criminals). The juvenile system should be strictly rehabilitative in nature IMO.

However, if you don't know right from wrong by age 18 you should be in a penitentiary (meaning a penalty or punishment) not some rehabilitation program. It should involve hard labor for 12 (our Soldiers work 12 hour or longer days why not prisoners?) hours a day with any schooling taking place at night after work is completed. They should not just lie about, work out and watch TV. Use them for public works projects to save tax dollars on those type things. They may even learn a trade that way.

Take away the profession of lobbyist totally - like with a corporation a group of people (a corporation is not a person) with pooled assets should not have more access to their representatives than any citizen. Limit campaign funds to personal donations (however I say with no limit - want to give it all give it) but it must be done transparently (with names) so we can all see obvious quid pro quo.

Also, like the thread here - some kind of test for voting rights. Intelligence (basic understanding of each candidate’s platform, the basic HS understanding of the function of government), means (if you only receive tax dollars but don't have a tax liability you have no say).

Finally term limits for Senators and Representatives - politics was never meant to be a profession, no pensions, all laws apply to the legislators they make for us. Then once they get out of politics they can never ever lobby or work for a corporation that was effected in any way by a bill they supported.

I don’t think there is a label for my political beliefs

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Star for you, couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not sure if there is a name for what that is, but I can tell you that is is a very common set of ideals held mostly but current and former active military , mostly of 18,11,13 Series MOS. Some body should name it and run for office under it. I'd vote.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join