It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Tell me, does anybody know what's really going on?

Do we (can we?) even begin to know the first thing about objective reality?

Do we even know, with any degree of certainty whatsoever, just who and what we ourselves really are as "human beings" (that's just a label for the form), what our "role" is supposed to be, or even what is happening around and in a sense TO us, even if we ourselves were inert objects, nothing more, an it-self walking around, presuming to be "self aware" or at the very least aware of what's actually happening or what's really going on.. and thus in a state of utter blindness and ignorance (stupidity).

Is this state of absolute uncertainty not an utterly absurd predicament? What do you think?

And what can be done about it? Nothing. That's the amuzing part of it, when you realized the degree to which you ARE "trapped" in a phenomenon that you cannot possibly even begin to understand (see my avatar).

Science? Science, in measuring bits and pieces only (or you can't DO science to begin with) produces ever more hypothesies for every so-called "truth" (each replacing the last one of course). It moves with the times, but it doesn't really get us to the point of clear understanding, with perfect clarity and comprehension, just what the heck is actually occuring, not just locally, but non-locally, from the deepest depths to the highest heights. What is it? And if just an eternal, cosmic evolutionary process, what does THAT mean, or signify, and if nothing then why in God's name are we even here to begin with?!!!

And whether we opt for some sort of faith in a supreme being, or flee in the equal and opposite direction into ever more absurdity, in EITHER case, we are made crAzy by the sheer FACT of our own existence. We just don't have the first clue what it means, or signifies, in any sort of absolute, objective sense. We are seemingly imprisoned in a subjective isolation chamber that we were powerless NOT to build, in the fact of this absurdity we call reality and existence (as it REALLY is).

Me I like getting present to that space of unknowing. It gives me a strange smile, and a calm assurance that "everything (whatever it is) is ok", and then there's peace, at the end of the need to keep THINKING all the time about BS and other ridculous nonsense to try to frame or box up this thing called "life" into something we CAN deal with, and it's very small and constraining, that space, until you also get present to IT and how ridiculous and absurd IT is, by comparison (to the limitless space of unknowing). Me I'd rather lose my sanity and be based in reality, than hang on to something that's outmoded and no longer workable at the cost of truth and reality itself, but it still leaves me flapping in the breeze because that (truth and reality) by its very nature cannot be understood! It's almost comical, like a riddle that cannot be solved, but one that, at the same time, you can't help but continally inquire into, driving you either sane or insane depending on how you look at it.

So you just give up. And there, sitting in the "corner" beaten, or perhaps laughing out loud for no reason like a madman, you watch, with eyes wide open, in shock and dismay, as the prison door (of your subjective isolation chamber in isolate consciousness) slowly swings open, and through the door a new light (of understanding and awareness) beckons, as if by a welcoming hand. It seems to say" don't worry about it, just play and have fun and be happy and GIVE "it" some meaning yourself why don't you atfer all what else is there to do..?" but it's friendly, not indifferent AND it's you, your truest self as you really are and the voice of reason itself, which, combined is the only REAL knowledge that a person can actually possess because it is the knowledge of personal experience. So it wasn't nihilistic, or vacuuous after all. Our very intuition tells us, in stillness, that all is well, or that it's fundamentally good, and that's really something in my experience, to be able to touch into that sacred space, and in the end discover one's own self in relation to the Absolute (whatever it is, it doesn't matter, only that it can be related to, at ANY level at all). There's a touchstrone there within I am certain of it.

So what it is (what is happening) we can't really say, but that we get to be included in it, even if only for the time being, and get to share it, with one another and at any and every level no matter how big or small, well that's really something special I do believe, if we only we had but the first clue as to what it really is and what's actually going on, and 'round 'round we go, like an involving spiral, into increasing domains of potential growth and increased awareness, of that which we know we don't know..

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Is there any way that you could put all that into an equation?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This was beautiful sir. Bravo.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Nobody knows crap about reality. Like you say, science takes things apart into little pieces to explain things but fails to understand the whole picture most times. There is a script to life and it seems like some people are part of that script while others aren't. We are being steered, not controlled by some divine force. Some people, on the other hand, try to control us. I don't know if that is part of the script or not. I guess we will find out. Good post but I can't answer your question. I do not have enough insight to see how Everything fits together.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I really enjoyed reading that. Thank you very much for sharing.

A couple of points I'd like to make concerning the first paragraph in the OP....

Ignorance is not knowing, and stupid is knowing but refusing to believe and/or trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Why are we here? Maybe that is up to us, but I don't think so.

According to some Bible book thingy....

Man was created to name things in some garden.
The Garden of Edun, where they were nude.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Dear NewAgeMan,

And what can be done about it? Nothing. That's the amuzing part of it, when you realized the degree to which you ARE "trapped" in a phenomenon that you cannot possibly even begin to understand (see my avatar).

Here is what you do know, it is from Descartes, "I think therefore I am". I would say, "I experience, therefore I am." In either case, you know that you are experiencing something. You have two choices, you can believe that it is all an illusion or you can believe that is part of your eternity. The third choice is to believe that you are not experiencing anything and that is neither scientific nor intelligent, that is insanity and self denial.

As for what can be done about it, if you believe this is all an illusion in your head then you created it and you might as well play it out and see where it leads you. We don't have all the answers and an eternity of having all knowledge would be hell, an infinity of boredom. Life is not about knowing everything, it is about defining who we are and that means understanding how we would react to situations if we truly had to face them. Live your life and define who you are, that is the purpose of life. Peace and we all deserve a break from defining ourselves sometimes.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
Is there any way that you could put all that into an equation?

I can do a pic!

You, or me, in our "domain of ignorance" (what we think we know) is the inner black circle of darkness.
The outer circle represents infinity, and the domain of all knowledge is everywhere in the middle.

But, if we gave it all up (our ignorance in terms of what we think we know or thought we know), we would begin to grow and expand in the innerspace of knowledge potential you could say.

Our circle of increasing awareness, understanding and comprehension, in leaving behind the initial black dot, changes the nature of the dot, or to use a metaphor, causes it to become in experienced actuality (knowledge of personal experience), a prescious pearl in formation (information), which just so happened to start outstart out as a stupid and ignorant grain of sand, with courage.

Courage? It's the courage to lose your mind as it is presently configured, to develop one that is open to truth and reality as it is, even if that can only be "known" in the space of absolute uncertainty.

A stupid grain of sand, with courage, that's the inner circle in relation to the outer one. It is the beginning of the "journey" of growth and transformation.

An equation - nope, can't and don't want to, but I hope this description might have helped clarify what I was trying to get across with the OP.

Regards,

NAM

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Everything is happening simultaneously!

edit on 24-5-2012 by hoppy because: second line

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy

What do you mean?

What's happening?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

It already happened.

It just takes our brains awhile to sort it all out.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I can do a pic!

Hang on a moment, you're selling a company there!!!!

Ask yourself, are we or are we not, a company?

You just need an arrow.. .lol

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What is reality?

Here and now.

Anything else is what you make of it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If we knew why we were here, there would be no point in being here.
edit on 25-5-2012 by hoppy because: i changed of to in or was it and?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Well I see this question has returned again. What's REALLY going on?!!!

Do we (can we?) even begin to know the first thing about objective reality? Do we (can we?) even begin to know the first thing about objective reality?

Empiricism and Verificationism and other philosophies have at least attempted to, and I would say that there certainly is a reality being shared that has reliable enough patterns.
edit on 25-5-2012 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Nothing is happening.
Emptiness is forming.
Life is sensation appearing as form.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
This was beautiful sir. Bravo.
yeah,, and the nam E nd AVAtar pic crystal clear
links al la texts bu bah & roch;e pure erisnt it so?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

link
not to be misunderstood 4
th link

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
so re-shuffle www.thefreedictionary.com...
as as ;they; say there is very very little spiritual growth if at ill all
n the plan-e called stases or so
edit on 25-5-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

and me really feel as being vernewd[editby so to say comparring with you - you lucky dame

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy

You would think so, whatever it is that's happening or occuring, but not according to Albert Einstein who said that time and caustion is variable as a function of relative motion and speed, relative to the speed of light. Then again to a photon of light, that's precisely the situation, but even still it doesn't get us any closer to answering the question at hand as to what it is precisely that's taking place in reality.

edit on 25-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I just look at it like some people have brains and others don't. If you wanted to cut people out of your life you wouldn't keep them as friends or keep them thinking your on the samed side.

God doesn't admit to killing peoples families and live stock (see job) he blames it on his scape goat the devil. I guess when you technologically advanced you can make up altar ego's.

God plays the villian and the savior.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join