It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Hypocrisy on Full Display…Another Non-Issue by the Left

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RebelYELLs
It occurs to me that if the Dems wanted this paricular pay to be more equal they could follow their own modus operandi and drop everybody to lowest level.

Well said!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

I had friends who went to the tea party rallies and they carried signs and protested the same as ows. So what makes the teaparty so much better than ows. Their voting record is a joke. they're just as corrupt as the rest of the politicians , both right and left. As far as I'm concerned they're all crooked and none represent the people's best intrest.

We (the Tea Party) bathe more often than OWS and we visit the dentist on a regular basis.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The Tea Party actually had a cause and a clue and yep they bathed more and didn't go round raping people.

Second.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

And that's exactly the way your beloved tea party got it's start. So who's to say that ows won't take the same course?

Uhm….OWS says they won’t.

I had friends who went to the tea party rallies and they carried signs and protested the same as ows. So what makes the teaparty so much better than ows.

They graduated to fixing problems rather than crying about them.

Their voting record is a joke. they're just as corrupt as the rest of the politicians , both right and left. As far as I'm concerned they're all crooked and none represent the people's best intrest.

They’ve managed to block a lot of DEMOCRAT SPENDING which is a good start in my book.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This thread is so beyond childish. What have we learned today kiddies? Personally, I learned that it's okay to lump the left in with democrats but not okay to lump the right with republicans or generalize the right in any kind of way. I also learned that respect and objectivity isn't a two way street around here. What a bunch of hypocrites. Disappointment doesn't quite cover it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What we learned today?

People went around calling Bush a fascist and rightly so but then turn around and say

Oh hell no you don't

Hold the current potus to the same standards that were set for the last potus.
edit on 24-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Not to start another fight, but hopefully, the Tea Party can block yet anothe debt ceiling increase.

Washington can try something unique instead.

Spend less.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have called Obama fascist myself, I'll type with smaller words next time so you can actually tell that I'm not defending Democrats.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
This thread is so beyond childish. What have we learned today kiddies? Personally, I learned that it's okay to lump the left in with democrats but not okay to lump the right with republicans or generalize the right in any kind of way. I also learned that respect and objectivity isn't a two way street around here. What a bunch of hypocrites. Disappointment doesn't quite cover it.

Cry me a river, Kali.

I've been called redneck, racist, and other cute nom de plumes just for voicing an opinion.

If it's a taste of your own medicine, then so be it.

(but nothin' but love in my heart)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Who is crying? I'm saying that it's absolutely pathetic to keep carrying with this divisive crap. Liberals (who happen to be different than democrats) are increasingly disgusted with Democrats, but on here it seems the only people who get to say there's a difference or have an acknowledgement of moving away from their affiliated party is Conservatives from Republicans. If you don't like being called on your crap then don't spread it around.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I am sorry. Could you please introduce me to a conservative democrat? There are liberal republicans called RINOs. Most of what you call republicans, I would categorize as left wing/liberal. IMO, almost all politicians are liberals in that they want to force us into a nanny state. Very few politicians support the traditional conservative values of small, non-intrusive government or personal freedom/responsibility.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The funny thing is that the OP was about democrat hypocrisy. Others went off subject to point fingers at the republicans, then when they get creamed they cried foul!

WHATEVER!!

The fact remains that dems named in the OP are hypocrites and this is nothing but a political stunt to deflect attention from Obama’s poor performance.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Pics or it didn't happen.
LOL

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Cry me a river, Kali.

I know that one starts with a D and sound alot like De Nile.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Who is crying? I'm saying that it's absolutely pathetic to keep carrying with this divisive crap. Liberals (who happen to be different than democrats) are increasingly disgusted with Democrats, but on here it seems the only people who get to say there's a difference or have an acknowledgement of moving away from their affiliated party is Conservatives from Republicans. If you don't like being called on your crap then don't spread it around.
If you're tired of the divisive crap then support true compromise.

Not DC compromise. (Do as I say or else!)
edit on 24-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by beezzer

Pics or it didn't happen.
LOL

I'd show pics, but as my wife so eliquently puts it, "Put some damned clothes on!"

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

To get back on topic: a quick Google search tells me why women are paid less than men. They are more likely to call in sick and burn out faster at their jobs and quit their jobs more frequently. In fact, many women have missed work because they were having a "fat day" or a "bad hair day". Employers take all of these statistics into consideration when they hire and pay women. It's not about what big bad men are doing to women...it's what women do to themselves by acting in a way that creates these statistics that negatively reflect upon them.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Just wanted to point out that the neither the op or the link supplied by the op mentions whether the people on the staffs of those representatives were doing the same jobs. It was assumed that they were. So it seems that the post as well as the linked article are working from unfounded assumptions.

Do you expect the cheif of staff to make the same as a secratary. There is no differentiation between the job types so the entire article and op are invalid to start with. Nice try dude.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by beezzer

The funny thing is that the OP was about democrat hypocrisy. Others went off subject to point fingers at the republicans, then when they get creamed they cried foul!

WHATEVER!!

The fact remains that dems named in the OP are hypocrites and this is nothing but a political stunt to deflect attention from Obama’s poor performance.

Truth! (on topic again)

You can clearly see the attacks.

Bullying.
Bain Capital.
War on Women.

Not economy, unemployment, foreign policy.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner
Women do get paid less than men in general -

I've seen this stated many times, but I've never seen it in practice; ever. I've never encountered a job where women and men who do the exact same work are paid differently.

Could you provide a case where two people doing the exact same work at the same company, being at the same level of advancement are paid different right now? Should be simple to do if it's common practice I'd think?

Just once I'd like to see it proven.

Now if we are talking executive positions and using that as proof (mixing apples and oranges) perhaps. For the other 99% though it seems to me the exact same jobs pay the same.

Back to the topic-

I don't have time right now this second, but folks if you want truth you have to read the entire Act. Act's are serious matters beyond the level of importance of a Bill. What else is in this Act, exactly, precisely and in detail. Only knowing that will you know the true intent. I'm betting you will find some hidden items that would embarass the authors who know the average voter is to illiterate to bother reading the thing. I'll read it as I have time and everyone should do the same.

Or perhaps this does not exist yet? The last couple of weeks items have been brought up by the Administration and they had yet to present anything, which is of course a "cough" lie coming from "cough" liars. Is this the same?
edit on 5/24/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join