It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Hypocrisy on Full Display…Another Non-Issue by the Left

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

To illustrate the differences between liberal and conservative, he said this;A conservative vegitarian would eat his veggies and mind his own business. A liberal would eat his veggies, then stop someone else from eating a steak.

There is some truth to that but at the same time, there are also liberals that would not do that, as well as liberals that condemn the actions of this current admin, as well as liberals that support minimum gov...see? It's not just black and white, nor is life itself. Do you not get frustrated when a right wing bashing thread pops up claiming the right is what's wrong with our country? It just seems disingenuous to generalize, that's all I am saying. Words like some or most would be more accurate than all, imo.

spec

edit on 24-5-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: spelling derp

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

If the right had expanded the patriot act powers,created NDAA,ACTA,SOPA,CISPA put drones over Ameircan skies created the Frank Dodd act giving the federal reserve more powers and created fanny and freddy,social security,medicare,medicaid, and took over student loans that are over 1 trillion dollars as we speak and created hundred different new government "czars" that are not beholden to congressional oversight.

I would agree however the right did not.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yeah i can and they say liberals lie

Deal.

Yes liberals lie, the left are hypocrites, the left want a war against women.

Whats tomorrows thread? "The left kick puppies down the street for fun. Bunnies too."

You've gone too far, woodwardjnr! TOO FAR!!!

Mods!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Yeah i can and they say liberals lie

Deal.

Whats tomorrows thread? "The left kick puppies down the street for fun. Bunnies too."

Tomorrows thread?

More liberal lies since thats all they can do instead of run on their failed records.

and Bunnies can take care of themselves.
edit on 24-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You do realize when you list each of the "acts" that became laws who is in charge of the House right? You do know that the President is powerless with out collusion between the two, yes? To put it simply, one cannot put these laws into effect without the other. Does it make you feel good to tell people they are full of crap? Because the only ones full of crap are those who believe one side is better/worse than the other.

CJ
edit on 24-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by beezzer

To illustrate the differences between liberal and conservative, he said this;A conservative vegitarian would eat his veggies and mind his own business. A liberal would eat his veggies, then stop someone else from eating a steak.

There is some truth to that but at the same time, there are also liberals that would not do that, as well as liberals that condemn the actions of this current admin, as well as liberals that support minimum gov...see? It's not just black and white, nor is life itself. Do you not get frustrated when a right wing bashing thread pops up claiming the right is what's wrong with our country? It just seems disingenuous to generalize, that's all I am saying. Words like some or most would be more accurate than all, imo.

spec

edit on 24-5-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: spelling derp

We can always find exceptions to the rule. But if you follow trends then regardless of the individuals, details emerge that satisfy generalizations.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

No dude

The guy sitting in that oval office signs bills in to law and still has the power of veto

Still sitting there trying to blame the right after all the left still holds control of the Senate and Presidency.

link   

If I can find a story about liberals kicking puppies than you can bet I’ll be the first to start a thread about it!!

I’m sure many will rush in to blame Bush or republicans for putting puppies in the way of innocent liberals.

link   

If the right had expanded the patriot act powers,created NDAA,ACTA,SOPA,CISPA put drones over Ameircan skies created the Frank Dodd act giving the federal reserve more powers and created fanny and freddy,social security,medicare,medicaid, and took over student loans that are over 1 trillion dollars as we speak and created hundred different new government "czars" that are not beholden to congressional oversight.

Neo, they all hate and despise us. With the possible exception of Ron Paul, every single peace of crap in government sees us as ATMs and slaves. They see us as incompetent to run our own lives(and some of us do act that way) and see themselves as superior to us in every way. When it comes to politicians, "Left" and "Right" are lies, costumes that they wear to distract the sheeple as they put the chains upon us.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

And to this point, the GOP must not really care because they would have repealed these laws. Either they are the same or they are just bad at govenrment.

CJ

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

No dude

The guy sitting in that oval office signs bills in to law and still has the power of veto

Still sitting there trying to blame the right after all the left still holds control of the Senate and Presidency.

It is obvious you have no clue how government works.

CJ

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But if you follow trends then regardless of the individuals, details emerge that satisfy generalizations.

From both sides right?
Plus what carries a trend, truth and fact or the bloggers and pundits that prey on the sensationalism of topics? I just do not think it is so simple, and I think more harm comes from generalizing.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Who made it a law telling me what kind of light bulb i can use?

Who is trying to ban salts?

Who banned transfats?

Who is going around telling me to buy a product from a corporation?

Solar panels,wind mills etc

Who made it a law to tell me to buy another corporate product called health insurance?

Clear differences of whose crappier.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

No dude

It is obvious you have no clue how government works.

CJ

Au contraire

A bill gets introduced in the House it gets voted and if it passes it moves on to the Senate they make the changes they want then send it back to the house to make those "changes" then gets sent back to the Senate it gets voted on agian and if it passes it moves on to the oval office for presdiential signature making it law.

Right!

Neo don't know nuthing.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Who made it a law telling me what kind of light bulb i can use?

Who is trying to ban salts?

Who banned transfats?

Who is going around telling me to buy a product from a corporation?

Solar panels,wind mills etc

Who made it a law to tell me to buy another corporate product called health insurance?

Clear differences of whose crappier.

Are you telling me that every single repuklicant voted in opposition to all of those? I seriously doubt it. As for bammy care, that is clearly UnConstitutional, hopefully SCOTUS steps up there. I will not comply.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I just do not think it is so simple, and I think more harm comes from generalizing.

But we can't find solutions of each and every individual.

We have to use generalizations, especially in politics.

There are so many twists and sturns and Machievellian acts that to focus on indivisuals. . . . .

If we wanted to put out a forest fire, we wouldn't focus on individual trees, we'd look at the forest.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What we need is a happy medium. That is why the Constitution gave more power to the states than the feds, and why the people were supposed to be sovereign. The one size fits all approach does not work. All current federal laws need to be repealed unless they meet a strict Constitutional litmus test showing that the states cannot implement said laws in a way that better serves each state's population.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If we wanted to put out a forest fire, we wouldn't focus on individual trees, we'd look at the forest.

But we(all of us) are the forest, so the fire is non discriminant, as is generalizing, and we all suffer, where as if we eliminated the most volatile trees, maybe the whole forest may not burn up. I guess I feel it is never an 'either or' decision but rather we should scrutinize each individual case.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yeah they are for the simple fact Birth control and planned parenthood and their agent of death abortion is the epitiomy of the WAR ON WOMEN.

Interesting you should mention abortion and just how 'evil' the liberals are for supporting such a vile practice... well that is until you look at just who the justices were who sat on the SCOTUS at the time Roe v Wade was decided in 1973... hmmmmmm...... 6 republicans and 3 democrats... so what does that tell you? Yeah thats right.... the republicans are just as much to blame for abortion as the democrats.

And since you are all for proof or it did not happen.. here's a list for you:

Warren E. Burger – Chief Justice – Republican

William O. Douglas - Democrat
William J. Brennan, Jr. - Republican
Potter Stewart - Republican
Byron White - Democrat
Thurgood Marshall - Democrat
Harry Blackmun - Republican
Lewis F. Powell, Jr. - Republican
William Rehnquist - Republican

List of the 9 Supreme Court Justices who decided on Roe v Wade in 1973

List of Supreme Court Justices w/ Political Party Reference

There is your war on women.

Sure is, at least the start of it at any rate.
edit on 24-5-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

What we need is a happy medium. That is why the Constitution gave more power to the states than the feds, and why the people were supposed to be sovereign. The one size fits all approach does not work. All current federal laws need to be repealed unless they meet a strict Constitutional litmus test showing that the states cannot implement said laws in a way that better serves each state's population.

I agree!

Who is more likely to do that; the extreme liberal left (Obama types) or the extreme Tea Party right?

Who stands for the constitution??

Which of these two groups sharts on the constitution on a regular basis?

(By the way, Bush and Romney are not the ‘right’ I'm talking about nor do they pass the Tea Party smell test)

edit on 24-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join