It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube to MP3 converter, To use for personal use on personal audio player legal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ok, so I found this site to convert youtube videos to mp3 format. (Just the audio) And I am wondering if it is legal. I have read a few opinions that state it is legal for personal use and not distribution, and some that say it isn't. I have not proceeded to convert anything yet but I would like to use this awsome tool to fill up my Ipod for personal use.

I am somewhat aware of anti piracy laws, and I will obey them. But this to me kind of seems like a grey area.

It converts the video into audio mp3 format which you can dowload and save to your computer

What do you guys think?

Here is the site.

www.youtube-mp3.org...
edit on 24-5-2012 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

I believe I've used a Firefox app for the same before (as well as another for actually downloading and saving the actual videos), and I'm not aware of it being an issue - granted, I've never gone hunting for any laws on it, but as there are various official apps, sites, and services for the like that have been in place for years, I'd have to assume we're good to go.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't care regardless - but I think you're fine.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Downloading music and movies is illegal, but downloading vlogs and stuff isn't.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Honestly its a grey area but it is technically illegal. I personally use a similar program that can both copy video and audio videos from youtube. It will get you in hot water if you are illegally pirating and making videos/audios disks for profit. But if its for personal use its very unlikely you will get busted.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

(post by ws123456 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join